Odd problem under Pro96com

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

I use a Uniden BCD-996XT as the voice following scanner with Pro96com. For times when I prefer not to run a computer to monitor (like when I am just listening and not watching CC data), I also have the particular P25 system programmed normally into the scanner.

When scanning the system, the 996 decodes digital audio perfectly.

When under Pro96com control, the 996 tunes to the voice channel but only decodes audio sporadically.

As the scanner should be using the same circuitry for voice demodulation in both scenarios, I cannot figure out what might be causing this. Does anyone have any ideas?

FlashP

Might be dependent on your OS and system loading - I've seen the program lag behind reality by a second or two, which means it tunes the voice receiver as the call is ending. I never pinpointed my problem, but it seemed to be due to the serial input being delayed into the program (too many Microsoft layers between the hardware and application?). Bumping the priority to 'high' seemed to help, as did a faster PC.

D

DaveNF2G

I do have another machine I can try it on. I'll look into that. Thanks.

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
When under Pro96com control, the 996 tunes to the voice channel but only decodes audio sporadically.

I think this is a firmware bug that dates back to the T model days. Here's how I work around the problem:

Before starting Pro96com, go into the radio menu and select "Search for...", then select "Custom Search". Leave it in the custom search state, and start Pro96com up with radio control. It should now decode P25 voice calls properly.

-Scott

D

DaveNF2G

I tried the Custom Search trick and there was no improvement.

I haven't had a chance to move the whole setup to a faster computer yet.

I wanted to review the .scanner files but I don't have the documentation of what is in there. I'll have to see if it's on a website.

Status
Not open for further replies.