DSD+ v2.10 & FMP24 - P25 bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

DSDPlus

When tracking a P25 Phase 1 system. There are talkgroups that are patched from other radio systems. When active, my scanners show RID 0 (zero) and Pro96com shows no RID at all.

DSD+ inserts any recently received RID from any talkgroup into the RID slot on these talkgroups.

FMP

Also when tracking P25. When CC signal is lost, FMP attempts to tune the next SCC higher in frequency. However, if it fails to get a signal, it just keeps retrying that frequency. It never checks the lower frequency SCCs, nor does it return to the original CC.

slicerwizard

Also when tracking P25. When CC signal is lost, FMP attempts to tune the next SCC higher in frequency. However, if it fails to get a signal, it just keeps retrying that frequency. It never checks the lower frequency SCCs, nor does it return to the original CC.
Sounds like FMP24 isn't in CC mode.

D

DaveNF2G

I don't know how it would "know" as there is no command for a CC role. The only "role" command is for voice following. My batch file is as shown in the documentation for trunking.

garys

Premium Subscriber
SHIFT + C turns on the CC role, Escape turns it off. It's in the notes somewhere on 2.10. I usually use that for Cap+ systems, so I have no idea how it's supposed to function for a P25 system.

That's for FMP24 or FMPA in the CC role.

I don't know how it would "know" as there is no command for a CC role. The only "role" command is for voice following. My batch file is as shown in the documentation for trunking.

slicerwizard

Just read the docs...

FMPA v2.5 / FMP24 v2.8

A -rc (role is control/rest channel monitor) command line parameter has been added

When this parameter is used, FMP24/FMPA will respond to control/rest channel tuning
commands sent by DSD+ over a TCP link

Pressing C also activates control/rest channel monitor mode

Esc cancels control/rest channel monitor mode

D

DaveNF2G

I don't think the docs are included in every Fast Lane release. This is the second time someone has referred to documentation that was not in the zipfile that was sent out.

D

DaveNF2G

Does addition of the -rc switch change the structure of the FMP-CC batch file for Connect Plus systems?

Also, I have tried setting -O NUL and I still get recordings of decoded audio filling up my drive.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I don't think the docs are included in every Fast Lane release. This is the second time someone has referred to documentation that was not in the zipfile that was sent out.

Yes and no. The Fastlane Releases include "revision notes", which provide detailed info. about new features. However, the releases do not include the full manual for DSD+ and FMP24. It would probably be a good idea to include that in every new release.

Regardless you can easily obtain all relevant documentation from the DSD+ 1.101 release, along with the revision notes from each Fastlane update (which are quite detailed). If you carefully read all of these materials, you should get a pretty comprehensive picture of how to use FMP24/FMPA & DSD+.

DSDPlus

DSDPlus

When tracking a P25 Phase 1 system. There are talkgroups that are patched from other radio systems. When active, my scanners show RID 0 (zero) and Pro96com shows no RID at all.

DSD+ inserts any recently received RID from any talkgroup into the RID slot on these talkgroups.
Please upload a raw audio sample from the control channel that captures one of these events.

DSDPlus

Every update includes an updated Notes.txt file and every member gets this file. I am looking at your 2.10 zipfile and your Notes.txt file right now. The file size is 18,191 bytes and lines 102 to 109 document the new FMPA/FMP24 -rc control / rest channel following mode.

DSDPlus

Does addition of the -rc switch change the structure of the FMP-CC batch file for Connect Plus systems?
-rc will follow control channel changes. If the Con+ systems do not rotate their CCs, -rc will not have any effect.

Also, I have tried setting -O NUL and I still get recordings of decoded audio filling up my drive.
Recordings? Where are they and what are the file names?

DSDPlus

Yes and no. The Fastlane Releases include "revision notes", which provide detailed info. about new features. However, the releases do not include the full manual for DSD+ and FMP24. It would probably be a good idea to include that in every new release.
We do not include files that have not changed. Every user already has the full DSDPlus.txt file.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
We do not include files that have not changed. Every user already has the full DSDPlus.txt file.

Oh yeah I see what you mean. It wouldn't make sense to include full documentation unless you also included a "complete" install package with all necessary files. Presumably virgin users would prefer this, but it would be a nightmare for pre-existing users and could easily result in conflicting files etc. Such is life...

D

DaveNF2G

-rc will follow control channel changes. If the Con+ systems do not rotate their CCs, -rc will not have any effect.

So I can make a FMP-CC batch file for CON+ that looks basically just like one for CAP+? Currently, the file for CON+ has several start lines in it and ESC stops FMP24 and then restarts it on the next channel on the list. I presume with -rc that this is no longer necessary, correct?

Recordings? Where are they and what are the file names?[/QUOTE]

I'll have to get back to you on naming when I am at my home PC, but they go into a subdirectory of DSDPlus. The in-directory .wav file is no longer created, however.

D

DaveNF2G

Every update includes an updated Notes.txt file and every member gets this file. I am looking at your 2.10 zipfile and your Notes.txt file right now. The file size is 18,191 bytes and lines 102 to 109 document the new FMPA/FMP24 -rc control / rest channel following mode.

OK, that's my failing, at least in part. Each new notes.txt overwrites the previous one, however, so a user would only have the latest version. If it is not cumulative, then information would be missing. If it is, then I have just missed it and I apologize for complaining.

slicerwizard

So I can make a FMP-CC batch file for CON+ that looks basically just like one for CAP+? Currently, the file for CON+ has several start lines in it and ESC stops FMP24 and then restarts it on the next channel on the list. I presume with -rc that this is no longer necessary, correct?
I generally just use the same batch files for all trunked system types. You just have to start CC FMPx, CC DSD+, VC FMPx and VC DSD+. CC FMPx needs -rc to follow Cap+ rest channels and any control channel changes (happens here on NEXEDGE and some Con+). VC FMPx needs -rv (as it always has)

I'll have to get back to you on naming when I am at my home PC, but they go into a subdirectory of DSDPlus. The in-directory .wav file is no longer created, however.
Sounds like you've specified -Pwav or -Pmp3. If you ask for per-call recordings, you're going to get them...

OK, that's my failing, at least in part. Each new notes.txt overwrites the previous one, however, so a user would only have the latest version. If it is not cumulative, then information would be missing. If it is, then I have just missed it and I apologize for complaining.
The last Notes.txt file I got was 550 lines long and covered versions 1.112 to 2.10...

D

DaveNF2G

I generally just use the same batch files for all trunked system types. You just have to start CC FMPx, CC DSD+, VC FMPx and VC DSD+. CC FMPx needs -rc to follow Cap+ rest channels and any control channel changes (happens here on NEXEDGE and some Con+). VC FMPx needs -rv (as it always has)

That simplifies things greatly. Thanks.

Sounds like you've specified -Pwav or -Pmp3. If you ask for per-call recordings, you're going to get them...

I don't specify that particular switch, but I'll take a look at its default value.

The last Notes.txt file I got was 550 lines long and covered versions 1.112 to 2.10...

OK, then, evidently I need to read more carefully. :cool:

garys

Premium Subscriber

Like you, I just use one batch file for CC FMPx. I use Shift + C to turn on -rc and ESC to turn it off. The only problem I ever run in to is forgetting to turn that off when I'm listening to a Con+ system.

D

DaveNF2G

I checked my batch files and the -P switch is not set for DSDPlus in any of them. I do have -O NUL set in every case. Yet I am still getting a directory full of decoded audio .wav files.

Status
Not open for further replies.