Unitrunker + DSD+ and BC346xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverScan

I currently have a setup of a BC396xt and a BC15x running with no issue, but I want to change out the 396 with a 346xt, I added the scanner to the list in Unitrunker and under Run it shows Running and under Status it shows Ready but I don't get anything like I currently do.

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to change something.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

SCPD

QRT
Do you see any evidence of the 346XT responding to the program when run? Make sure the serial port settings match whatever the '346XT expects.

VancouverScan

Do you see any evidence of the 346XT responding to the program when run? Make sure the serial port settings match whatever the '346XT expects.

I have the serial and com ports set the same as the 396xt that is working, plus using the same computer connection from the 396. No I don't see evidence that the 346 is responding to the program.

I thought both scanners should be set the same, I'm stumped

VancouverScan

No I don't see evidence that the 346 is responding to the program

The 346 is responding to program, at first it gave 100% health and showed tracking but then stopped and not can't get it to start. I pick a site, set the site and provide the CC and then ok but nothing, no freqs shown.

Almost there, any ideas.

SCPD

QRT
General Info:

UniTrunker | BCD996XT | BCD396XT | BC346XT | BCT15X

Any device connected via serial port needs ...

1. working serial port (for most, this is a USB/serial adapter)
2. working cable
3. correct port settings - baud rate, parity, data, and stop bits.

The '346 has a menu option on the front panel to select and display the current baud rate. Your host PC needs to match that. Most Unidens use eight data bits, no parity, and one stop bit.

To see the interaction between program and radio, you can turn on Tuner logging. The program will log all messages to and from the radio to a text file.

UniTrunker | Log Files

To isolate these concerns - use the fact the '396XT is working. Move the '396XT to the serial port and/or cable used by the '346XT and reconfigure. If the '396 works with both adapters and cable(s) - this reduces the problem to ...

a. '346 defective (unlikely)
b. '346 baud rate mismatch
c. a bug in Unitrunker

Also - I forgot to ask ... what version of the program are you using?

Last edited:

VancouverScan

General Info:

UniTrunker | BCD996XT | BCD396XT | BC346XT | BCT15X

Any device connected via serial port needs ...

1. working serial port (for most, this is a USB/serial adapter)
2. working cable
3. correct port settings - baud rate, parity, data, and stop bits.

The '346 has a menu option on the front panel to select and display the current baud rate. Your host PC needs to match that. Most Unidens use eight data bits, no parity, and one stop bit.

To see the interaction between program and radio, you can turn on Tuner logging. The program will log all messages to and from the radio to a text file.

UniTrunker | Log Files

To isolate these concerns - use the fact the '396XT is working. Move the '396XT to the serial port and/or cable used by the '346XT and reconfigure. If the '396 works with both adapters and cable(s) - this reduces the problem to ...

a. '346 defective (unlikely)
b. '346 baud rate mismatch
c. a bug in Unitrunker

Also - I forgot to ask ... what version of the program are you using?

I've been using the same cable, com port, etc as the 396xt with the 346xt. The version of UniTrunker is 1.0.32.7

When the 346 is connected and I pick a site (because it comes up blank once I change over), as soon as I manually set the CC I hear the 346xt acknowledge that. I have the CC on hold also. I'm not sure about what you indicated that the 346 has a menu option on the front panel to select and display the current baud rate, I typically have to select the menu, go to serial port and in there I select the same one as the 396.

It is probably something easy that I can't see, or the 346 requires something I'm not setting. BTW, I am using eight data bits, no parity, and one stop bit.

I really appreciate your help, I've been trying for quite some time now and finally reached out for help.

SCPD

QRT
Is it safe to assume (a) you're using the 346XT in the signal role and (b) you've enabled the radio's CC dump mode?

VancouverScan

I am at a loss, I've tried everything I can think of and still can't the the 346 to work with Unitrunker. When I take the 396 out and put the 346 in, I get a connection but all the freqs for the site are all gone, I keep re-selecting the site and CC but as soon as I select ok, the 346 clicks but the site disappears again. If I reconnect the 396 everything works, all freqs are there for the site and works with no issue.

Again, am I missing something? I am getting a bit frustrated.

VancouverScan

Is there anyone using a BC346XT with Unitrunker and DSD+ that is operating with no issue, I'd like to communicate with you. I am not sure what I'm doing that won't allow it to function like the BC396XT. Am I supposed to download frequencies again for the 346 or?

VancouverScan

I've been using the same cable, com port, etc as the 396xt with the 346xt. The version of UniTrunker is 1.0.32.7
I really appreciate your help, I've been trying for quite some time now and finally reached out for help.

Hello Unitrunker,

Is the version I'm using ok, do you by chance have any other suggestions as I am not getting anywhere.

VancouverScan

I am quite surprised there isn't more input about this, Unitrunker? is that all you have to say. I can 't be the only one with this happening and if I am then here is an opportunity to let others who consider this setup to better understand.
Disappointed I am not able to simply change over to a different model scanner made to operate in a similar manner.
Unless of course I am missing something so elementary that no one wishes to speak up about it because you feel I should just go away and figure it out, that never happens here on RR, right?

SCPD

QRT
Use the information in post # 9 above to create a Tuner log. Please post the log file here.

VancouverScan

Use the information in post # 9 above to create a Tuner log. Please post the log file here.

Ok, I made a file, just an FYI, the system wouldn't show up that I keep checking, only a limbo system? but it did show connection to the program and this is the file it created:

Attachments

• DecodeA-20160903.txt
    92.4 KB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.