DSD+ DMR encrypt decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

tromb

If I have the encryption key, there is a possibility that you put in the DSD + and decode traffic.

Thanks and Best Regards

tromb

Is there a possibility that sometimes have this function ?

Is there any software that can allow such a thing?

Thanks and Best Regards

br0adband

Nope.

(hate to be an echo but, you're not going to discover any help or information about communications decryption of any kind around here so...)

racingfan360

If it is legal to do so (and I can only assume you have the key via legitimate means), then the only two options are:

1. Assuming RAS isn't used, buy the same DMR equipment that's being used and then add the key to this to decrypt, or

2. If (and only if) the Motorola Basic Privacy flavor of encryption is being used, then acquire an ADCR25 receiver and it will decrypt it without the need for a key. Note you can no longer buy an ADCR25: they were withdrawn from sale shortly after some simple decryption features were added....I'm sure you can draw your own conclusions as to why it's no longer for sale !

woodpecker

If its motorola basic privacy its easy, you don't even need the key number as it can be determined from the AMBE frames and is very easily descrambled.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
.....but it still won't work with DSD+.

I rarely see anyone using BP in my area. Those that do are usually using lower tier radios like CP200d etc. As you mentioned it's extremely weak but it keeps the scanners out.

iw0cvt

BP encoded frame

I know the problem is discussed, but i would know if there a way to extract the encoded Basic privacy frame bits from DSD+ or previous version in order to check and try an offline manipulation to remove the encription?
Could be nice to have a binary output in DSD in order to perform some sperimentation, any idea if is possible to modify DSD source file to add this functionality?
Thanks everybody!

Iw0cvt

D

DaveNF2G

Such recoding would also render any distribution or use of that version of the software unlawful.

princessthelus

Premium Subscriber
Such recoding would also render any distribution or use of that version of the software unlawful.

How don't you know it isn't already? I think he is suggesting to the DSDPlus team to add this feature that is all.

Attachments

• 1484444901323.jpg
    1484444901323.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 2,574
Status
Not open for further replies.