RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software

Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software - For discussion of software applications which decode digital voice formats and trunking control channels. Please use the HF Digital Signals forum for anything below 30MHz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2017, 6:24 PM

Hello,

Thank you all for the help you give here
I am triying to pair a cc and a vc of a TIII system with 2 dongles for the first time and I need help.

My problem is that the FMP24-VC window opens up but is not showing spectrum,is blank or empty and the title says "VC Idle", the "debug" window shows no errors and says idle, clicking says [R820T] PLL not locked for 9844384HZ!

I reinstalled drivers have tried several TCP port number configurations, fresh DSD+ folder install, VB-cable instead of TCP, changing dongles from USB port, disabling firewalls, reboots, and I don't know what else could I do now.
Here are my files just in case you can see the error, any help is much apreciated, thanks.

FMP24-CC.bat
FMP24 -rc -i1 -o20021 -P42.0 -f179.52415 -a1 -g40 -b12.5

CC.bat
DSDPlus -rc -i20021 -v3 -wsl400.2 -wss100.200 -wel0.1 -wcl0.445 -wes400.520 >>CC.log

FMP24-VC.bat
FMP24 -rv -i2 -o27322 -P-1.0

VC.bat
DSDPlus -rv -Pwav -i27322 -v3 -wsl400.210 -wss100.200 -wel172.522 -wcl528.0 >>VC.log

FMP24.cfg
2.4 ; sampling rate (1.0, 2.0 or 2.4)
1024 ; spectrum window width
32 ; FFT size (16k, 32k, 64k)
15 ; spectrum update rate in Hz
5000 -6250 7500 12500 15000 25000 ; step size table; units = Hz; negate default
. ; DSD+ path
.\FMP-FreqList.csv ; primary frequency list CSV path\filename
.\FMP-FreqList2.csv ; auxiliary frequency list CSV path\filename
kilometers ; search units (miles or kilometers)
20 ; search distance
19.7163 -155.6241 ; search origin

I am in windows7 32-bit, have 2 dongles with RTL-SDR chips, and DSD+ Fastlane 2.39
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2017, 10:23 AM

I think this is not a voice system.... that's why I cannot run FMP24-VC...
Old 03-05-2017, 6:58 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Anyone else getting a garbled decoding for Nexedge48 when multiple channels being used at the same time even though you made different priories for talk groups? On the system I am listening to, I have the FD on high and the PD on 50 but when they both are transmitting on different channels the FD gets garbled. I don't know if its processor power or DSD+. I have a super strong signal from the site tower, as it is a few blocks away from me. I also wish I could get DSD+ to run processing power in realtime under Windows 7.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:12 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessthelus View Post
Anyone else getting a garbled decoding for Nexedge48 when multiple channels being used at the same time even though you made different priories for talk groups? On the system I am listening to, I have the FD on high and the PD on 50 but when they both are transmitting on different channels the FD gets garbled. I don't know if its processor power or DSD+. I have a super strong signal from the site tower, as it is a few blocks away from me. I also wish I could get DSD+ to run processing power in realtime under Windows 7.
I would suggest posting a screenshot of your setup. DSD+ uses very little CPU resources, assuming you're using FMP24 as the receiver.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Anyone else getting a garbled decoding for Nexedge48 when multiple channels being used at the same time even though you made different priories for talk groups? On the system I am listening to, I have the FD on high and the PD on 50 but when they both are transmitting on different channels the FD gets garbled. I don't know if its processor power or DSD+.
I doubt it's a problem with processor power. Besides, you can check on that with Windows Task Manager.

You don't say what you're using - a full trunking setup with two dongles? Or is this conventional?

Quote:
I have a super strong signal from the site tower, as it is a few blocks away from me.
Maybe that's your problem. Are you overloading the receiver? Try turning the gain down.

Quote:
I also wish I could get DSD+ to run processing power in realtime under Windows 7.
What does that mean?
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2017, 4:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I got it, Turning down the gain helped as the power company is using an unlicensed transmitter on the smart meter on my home and it is overloading the dongles. I also narrowed the bandwidth. I had to play around with the gain and bandwidth in SDR# to get the proper SNR and see how narrow the bitstream was. I used that info to input into FMP. Sounds as good as it can get for NEXEDGE.

Last edited by princessthelus; 03-06-2017 at 4:51 PM..
Old 03-06-2017, 5:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
the power company is using an unlicensed transmitter on the smart meter on my home and it is overloading the dongles.
I would fight that . Read this or google smart meters.
Why Stop Smart Meters? | Stop Smart Meters!
Old 03-06-2017, 7:28 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3825 View Post
I would fight that . Read this or google smart meters.
Why Stop Smart Meters? | Stop Smart Meters!
I was wondering and I know this is a little off topic but does these meters fall under FCC part 15A, if so can it cause interference like a part B device cant?
Old 03-19-2017, 11:46 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

If the DSD+ devs are still looking at this thread. I would like more Fleetsync and NXDN data interpretation,. When a Call comes through it's only picking up AVL half the time.
Old 03-24-2017, 4:12 PM

Default We have a big problem

I live in iraq and we don't have the paypal account BUT we have the master card and visa card could any
And you know if you want a copy of fastlane rlease you have to pay by paypal
one please please
Solve this problem
With regards
Old 03-24-2017, 4:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If I remember right you can pay via Paypal using a credit card without getting an account now.

You might give it a try.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:07 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

What should the bin file look like in DSD+ this is what in mine, and how do you change the options.

2 3 1 7 %  $  #  " ! %  X

Last edited by wbigcount; 03-25-2017 at 11:15 AM..
Old 03-26-2017, 1:54 AM

I don't think you can edit the .bin file, as it's some sort of binary blob and not something a text editor can deal with. Since it stores the changes you make in the program, just make your "edits" by doing them in the program, so for example, if you want a window to show up at a certain spot on your screen, just move the window there and when you exit, the new location is saved in the .bin file and the next time you run DSD+, the window shows up where you left it.