Trunker Wiki pages are available

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you're comforatable with trunking concepts, and want to move onto something a little more challenging, we have several utilities that will allow you to view the contents of the control channel and read the data found there. Most - though not all - of these kinds of utilities require audio that's not yet been filtered and amplified - this is referred to as the discriminator output, also known as baseband audio.

The Wiki page that holds many of these utilities can be found here

No additional registration is required to view these pages; however, if you'd like to add something - and we hope you do - you must register first (you will see a 'Create An account' in the upper right hand corner of the page). This registration is seperate from your regular RR registration, and is free. Once you register we encourage you to read the Quick Editing guide, so you have an idea of the Wiki language and how to use it.

73s Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Just a FYI....
With the new 3.0 implementation, editing the wiki no longer needs a seperate login. If you have a link you think is useful, don't be shy about adding it!

73s Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Go to the 'Database' link in the top blue toolbar, then select your state. By the way 'trunking' and 'trunk tracking' are related, but not the same thing. For Trunk Tracking you will need a scanner designed for this, or use one of the utilities mentioned in our wiki

73 Mike

Buzzy4047

Ka3jjz,,, I have a pro 164, yes I have gone to that Database site. I copyed all of the trunking frequencies down for my area (Bureau County Ill.) I put all the RED and BLUES and other frequencies in the banks 100 and 200. I also have a copy of the "Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual"

Buzzy4047

ka3jjz said:
Go to the 'Database' link in the top blue toolbar, then select your state. By the way 'trunking' and 'trunk tracking' are related, but not the same thing. For Trunk Tracking you will need a scanner designed for this, or use one of the utilities mentioned in our wiki

73 Mike

Yes , I have gone to site and got all the trunking frequencies for my area (Bureau County Ill.). I have pro 164, I am not sure if I have everthing in the rite place in scanner.

Buzzy4047

In the "Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual" (programming Trunking
systems) step 1,2,3,4 I understand the fallowed them, then step 5,6,7, and 8 I did not know what to do?????????????? Do I need to put another control channel in also????? Do I need to have the software to do this rite??????? I do not have the software or cable yet. Don't know when I we be getting it (low funns). Help Please

Last edited:

V-17

Is there a link or stickie that describes exactly what trunking is and how it works? I would like a description but i don't want to burden anyone with that, if there is already a link somewhere here.

Thanks in advance.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Click on the tutorial article link in the overview (it's in blue). You will need Adobe Acrobat or similar (there are a few alternatives now...) to read the PDF file linked there - it's a nice article by our own UPMan on the subject.

best regards..Mike

RKG

Is anyone undertaking (or has anyone undertaken) to update and re-compile Trunker for the rebanded channel table?

Status
Not open for further replies.