DSD+ DMR problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

LD723

My local police dept. just recently moved from analog to DMR and sometimes when a user talks like the dispatcher I sometimes get unknown type error and and voice rate 1/2 something of those natures and I hear no audio. But its not the problem with their radios because I can hear the officers respond back to the dispatchers but I never heard the dispatcher. I have raw audio of the dispatcher talking but dsd+ not being able to decode it. The signal is very strong so its not a signal problem.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Can't really do anything with that sample... it's not in a format that DSD+ can open, plus it's pretty short.

Perhaps the dispatch side is encrypted?

LD723

Can't really do anything with that sample... it's not in a format that DSD+ can open, plus it's pretty short.

Perhaps the dispatch side is encrypted?

You can download it in wav format or open DSD+ then change the default audio playback device to your virtual audio cable and it will decode since I just did it lol and I usually do it that way with samples from the internet. And the dispatch is definitely not encrypted because that weird error happens randomly with any user and I mostly do hear dispatch its just that sometimes dsd+ randomly gives those error during a random transmission start and the people who were upgrading their system did radio tests on slot 2 and they were just 2 people talking with each other but at a random point the error comes out of no where and messes it up for a single transmission.

LD723

That raw audio is the dispatch talking but dsd+ doesnt detect it and just spits out the same unknown type and rate 1/2 error.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
You can download it in wav format or open DSD+ then change the default audio playback device to your virtual audio cable and it will decode since I just did it lol and I usually do it that way with samples from the internet. And the dispatch is definitely not encrypted because that weird error happens randomly with any user and I mostly do hear dispatch its just that sometimes dsd+ randomly gives those error during a random transmission start and the people who were upgrading their system did radio tests on slot 2 and they were just 2 people talking with each other but at a random point the error comes out of no where and messes it up for a single transmission.

Give us more to work with. You have a tiny tiny smidge of voice at the beginning or end -- not even enough to decode more than a single syllable.

Record a few MB of actual raw audio, using DSDPlus, with the 'r' option from the console. It'll save it as DSDPlus-Raw-*.wav

Do the recording when you absolutely know there is voice traffic occurring. you need to save it using "r" so that it'll save in the proper format. Once you have us go to the download link you send, it's 22 khz and needs converted to 96 khz -- and thus by the time any of us decode it, it's already lost bits of information.

mike

LD723

ok no problemo I will see if I can capture the transmissions with the error and voice because thats usually what happens lol. For example someone talks then the next you can't hear them at all. Once the transmission finishes and they talk again you can some how here them again lol. And dsd+ detects it as data and not actual voice.

LD723

Give us more to work with. You have a tiny tiny smidge of voice at the beginning or end -- not even enough to decode more than a single syllable.

Record a few MB of actual raw audio, using DSDPlus, with the 'r' option from the console. It'll save it as DSDPlus-Raw-*.wav

Do the recording when you absolutely know there is voice traffic occurring. you need to save it using "r" so that it'll save in the proper format. Once you have us go to the download link you send, it's 22 khz and needs converted to 96 khz -- and thus by the time any of us decode it, it's already lost bits of information.

mike

https://files.fm/u/p5w83sdu

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
As odd as it sounds, When RID=1, it doesn't look like there is any voice being transmitted, rather data instead.

Not sure what that is all about. Wonder if dispatch is dispatching by typing into a console rather than talking.

Looks like something that someone more familiar with DSD+ (or DMR communications in general) might have to answer.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I'm hearing the 9090 unit (all he said was "Go Ahead"). When the "1" rid was active, just BS DATA was all I could see.

Mike

LD723

As odd as it sounds, When RID=1, it doesn't look like there is any voice being transmitted, rather data instead.

Not sure what that is all about. Wonder if dispatch is dispatching by typing into a console rather than talking.

Looks like something that someone more familiar with DSD+ (or DMR communications in general) might have to answer.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I'm hearing the 9090 unit (all he said was "Go Ahead"). When the "1" rid was active, just BS DATA was all I could see.

Mike

Its ok lol I think it is something with the system itself because there are some officers who cant hear the station or each other sometimes but keep in mind they just migrated to dmr like 2 or 3 days ago lol and they are still testing. But the part I dont understand is that officers that are getting dispatched can hear the dispatcher even though on my screen it shows up as data and not voice. The radio 1 was dispatch

LD723

Mike

Also by chance do you know dsdplus email? The only one I could find is the fastlane one but I don't know if that's the proper email to contact.

LD723

Its ok lol I think it is something with the system itself because there are some officers who cant hear the station or each other sometimes but keep in mind they just migrated to dmr like 2 or 3 days ago lol and they are still testing. But the part I dont understand is that officers that are getting dispatched can hear the dispatcher even though on my screen it shows up as data and not voice. The radio 1 was dispatch

Alrighty just made a discovery I used the old DSD version that was made for linux ported on windows and I used my raw dmr audio with the data transmission and the old DSD actually decoded all of the voice.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Alrighty just made a discovery I used the old DSD version that was made for linux ported on windows and I used my raw dmr audio with the data transmission and the old DSD actually decoded all of the voice.

Interesting. Where did you get a DSD Win port? I can't seem to find a good link to it anymore.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Very intriguing. DSD 1.70 win port (for viewers, I'm not referring to DSDPlus) decodes RID 9090 and RID 1 audio just fine. The lady dispatcher voice decoded beautifully.

That is definitely an indication of something broken somewhere in DSDPlus, i would think.

mike

LD723

Very intriguing. DSD 1.70 win port (for viewers, I'm not referring to DSDPlus) decodes RID 9090 and RID 1 audio just fine. The lady dispatcher voice decoded beautifully.

That is definitely an indication of something broken somewhere in DSDPlus, i would think.

mike

Also I have a question when you did the test with the raw audio on dsdplus was it the fastlane or public realease? I want to figure out if this problem occurs on the fastlane version but I don't want to buy it knowing it doesn't work lol.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Also I have a question when you did the test with the raw audio on dsdplus was it the fastlane or public realease? I want to figure out if this problem occurs on the fastlane version but I don't want to buy it knowing it doesn't work lol.

Tried it on 1.01 (public release), 2.39 and 2.71. None of them decoded.

Mike

PS: Not buying it doesn't give the author any incentive to fix it if you are the only one claiming to have the issue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.