FMP24 Issues in DSD+ Ver 2.113

Status
Not open for further replies.

jje64

I have loaded the latest FL version of DSD+ (2.113). When I attempt to run FMP24 it gives me an error that no configuration file is present. I attempted to write a config file based off of the FMP config file. It still will no run.

Is this a known issue? What am I doing wrong? It worked in the previous DSD+FL version, but I ahve not used the SW in a long time

Thanks

jje64

Thanks for the response to both posters. I will look at YT vid.

Slicerwizard, I was wondering if that was the issue. This was a fresh install and jumped from the 101 non Fl version right to 2.113. Maybe I need to load the intervening builds.

Will work it tonight

jje64

It looks like a dll was missing. libfft3w-3.dll. Other info on that here on RR. Grabbed the dll and FMP24 seems to run fine now. Time will tell

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
It looks like a dll was missing. libfft3w-3.dll. Other info on that here on RR. Grabbed the dll and FMP24 seems to run fine now. Time will tell

What .dll worked for you; I've been fighting with this for several months now and cannot find a workable .dll to use with the Airspy on Windows 10 x64; spent a few hours again today trying to get this to work, fails on the .dll because it's from a different PC and then errors out.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Running 64 bit Windows 10.

FMPA says Airspy lib version = 1.0.8

airspy.dll size is 91,136 bytes.

Works fine.

You can extract it from https://airspy.com/?ddownload=3130

I've tried this already as well. I'm using, what I believe is the latest version of DSD+ Fast Lane, v2.113 and my airspy.dll is actually version 1.0.9.0; however, it doesn't seem to matter which airspy.dll version I use (1.0.8.0 or 1.0.9.0) I get the same error related to the libfftw3f-3.dll where this all began. I've attached two screenshots with this latest attempt using the airspy.dll version 1.0.8.0 you suggested. I am completely lost on how to resolve this and Google hasn't been much help either.

Attachments

• FMPA dll Error 1 of 2.jpg
    FMPA dll Error 1 of 2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 270
  • FMPA dll Error 2 of 2.PNG
    FMPA dll Error 2 of 2.PNG
    14.1 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:

morfis

Isn't Machine Type Mismatch related to 32 bit and 64 bit? Had it occur on a work machine but not on my home ones. Work is 10 Professional...home is home

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Isn't Machine Type Mismatch related to 32 bit and 64 bit? Had it occur on a work machine but not on my home ones. Work is 10 Professional...home is home

Well I'm using Windows 10 Professional x64; I've tried both example files I could located (x86 and x64) from this link (FFTW Installation on Windows) as well as another one, which I cannot recall but it was from another post here on RadioReference.com. Additionally, I also sent an email off to DSD+ FastLane as well. I'm open to just about any and all suggestions at this point on this.

I'm having another issue in this build of DSD+ FastLane as well with a Cap+ system and it not recognizing it's pseudo NetworkID I assigned and thus not calling the Sites and Frequencies from the files section when trying to decode; works great for Con+ and P25 systems but it never fills in the Cap+ information and I followed all the examples here on RadioReference.com I could find as well. The Cap+ system just reports as "Cap+ Site: 1 DCC: 1" so I setup a network called "Cap+, 9096, "Name of the System" and then the Sites file has "Cap+, 9096, 1, "Proving Grounds" followed by the frequencies, example: "Cap+, 9096, 1, 1, 462.3000, 467.3000, 0"; I assume I'd just doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out what exactly.

slicerwizard

Well I'm using Windows 10 Professional x64; I've tried both example files I could located (x86 and x64) from this link (FFTW Installation on Windows) as well as another one, which I cannot recall but it was from another post here on RadioReference.com. Additionally, I also sent an email off to DSD+ FastLane as well. I'm open to just about any and all suggestions at this point on this.
The FL docs tell you to download ftp://ftp.fftw.org/pub/fftw/fftw-3.3.5-dll32.zip and extract the libfftw3f-3.dll file to your DSD+ folder. That's all you have to do. It's the largest file in the zip; its size is 2,391,615 bytes, so just make sure you're extracting the correct file.

Your screenshot says that Windows has an issue with your libusb-1.0.dll file, not with any other file. The libusb-1.0.dll file I have here, that is working fine with regular dongles and Airspys, is 95,744 bytes in size. It appears to be the same file that's found in https://www.dsdplus.com/dl/DSDPlusDLLs.zip

I'm having another issue in this build of DSD+ FastLane as well with a Cap+ system and it not recognizing it's pseudo NetworkID I assigned and thus not calling the Sites and Frequencies from the files section when trying to decode; works great for Con+ and P25 systems but it never fills in the Cap+ information and I followed all the examples here on RadioReference.com I could find as well. The Cap+ system just reports as "Cap+ Site: 1 DCC: 1" so I setup a network called "Cap+, 9096, "Name of the System" and then the Sites file has "Cap+, 9096, 1, "Proving Grounds" followed by the frequencies, example: "Cap+, 9096, 1, 1, 462.3000, 467.3000, 0"; I assume I'd just doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out what exactly.
The frequency records belong in your DSDPlus.frequencies file, not the sites file.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
The FL docs tell you to download ftp://ftp.fftw.org/pub/fftw/fftw-3.3.5-dll32.zip and extract the libfftw3f-3.dll file to your DSD+ folder. That's all you have to do. It's the largest file in the zip; its size is 2,391,615 bytes, so just make sure you're extracting the correct file.

Your screenshot says that Windows has an issue with your libusb-1.0.dll file, not with any other file. The libusb-1.0.dll file I have here, that is working fine with regular dongles and Airspys, is 95,744 bytes in size. It appears to be the same file that's found in https://www.dsdplus.com/dl/DSDPlusDLLs.zip

The frequency records belong in your DSDPlus.frequencies file, not the sites file.

First, yes I followed the docs and that's how I replaced the "libfftw3f-3.dll" whis is how I got to the error shown in the screenshot; prior to having this .dll I wasn't able to get this far. I have also confirmed, since this is a clean install that I have present the "libusb-1.0.dll" as well from the original package for DSD+ as you have noted and I still get this error upon startup; replaced it again this evening as you suggested, same error. I cannot get past this blocker.

As for the files. yes I know that these are all different files. As I stated, the "NetworkID" is in the "DSDPlus.networks" file. The site is in the "DSDPlus.sites" file and the frequencies are in the "DSDPlus.frequencies" file. I have attached the screenshots here as well; does not display the frequencies in the CC activity window no matter what I change them to; this isn't an issue for anything besides Cap+ systems.

Attachments

• NetworkID FIle Example.PNG
    NetworkID FIle Example.PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 234
  • Sites File Example.PNG
    Sites File Example.PNG
    27.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Frequency File Example.PNG
    Frequency File Example.PNG
    10.1 KB · Views: 236

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Okay after some additional digging into this tonight it appears there is an issue with this build of DSD+ and the airspy.dll v1.0.9.0. It was suggested that I grab the dll's from the latest SDRSharp folder and copy them into DSD+ and now I can start FMPA all of a sudden. And now that DSD+ is working through FMPA, the Cap+ file issue is also resolved; interesting that using the DSDPlus.exe to monitor the control channel yields different results than when using it through the FMPA.exe; I have much to learn as I am still learning this package. Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone, much appreciated.

Last edited:

slicerwizard

Okay after some additional digging into this tonight it appears there is an issue with this build of DSD+ and the airspy.dll v1.0.9.0.
Sounds like you were trying to use 64 bit DLLs.

It was suggested that I grab the dll's from the latest SDRSharp folder and copy them into DSD+ and now I can start FMPA all of a sudden.
Because those are 32 bit DLLs.

And now that DSD+ is working through FMPA, the Cap+ file issue is also resolved; interesting that using the DSDPlus.exe to monitor the control channel yields different results than when using it through the FMPA.exe;
I assume you mean different results when using SDR# vs using FMPA.

From the DSD+ 2.8 docs:

when a TCP link from FMP24 or FMPA is used and Cap+ is detected, DSD+ will scan the entries in DSDPlus.frequencies for a Cap+ entry with a frequency value that matches the frequency that FMP24 or FMPA is tuned to; if a match is found, DSD+ will use the network ID value from that Cap+ frequency entry as the current system ID

No FMPA equals no system ID and no trunk tracking.

mrc333777

Premium Subscriber
just got 2 new rtl-sdr blog v3. so i cleaned my folder to fresh start.
also my local barberton ohio / summit county changed their CC.
sometimes i get a BSI=CHANGEME in yellow, what does this mean?

mrc333777

Premium Subscriber
hehe, okay...

anyone that has dual screens, mine are 24 inch and i made a nice little .bat file and this is my configuration for screen positions. just change the -i? value to your rtl-sdr device number and the -P? to your ppm i suppose.

"
d:
cd D:\RF\dvb\DSDPlus2p113
start FMP24 -rc -i2 -a1 -o20001 -P0 -f858.5125 -_1 -wsl11.-1040
start FMP24 -i3 -a1 -o20002 -P0 -f999.9999 -_1 -wsl260.-1040
start DSDPlus -Pwav -rv -i20002 -fa -v3 -O NUL -_1 -wsl700.-1040 -wss100.200 -wel11.-1890 -wcl500.-550
start DSDPlus -rc -i20001 -fa -v3 -O NUL -_1 -wsl500.-1040 -wss100.200 -wel560.-1890 -wcl600.-550

"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.