Need jmbe 0.3.3 jar file for SDRTrunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

I need the jmbe 0.3.3 jar file itself. jdk won't install. I can get SDRTrunk to work though.

Will someone please be kind enough to provide a link to this jar file?

DRL-XM43

I need the jmbe 0.3.3 jar file itself. jdk won't install. I can get SDRTrunk to work though.

Will someone please be kind enough to provide a link to this jar file?

I believe you have to compile this yourself - I don't think there is a link to a pre-compiled jar, I think it has something to do with licensing.

You have to install Java dev and set a variable to the install path. On windows it is not difficult to do..

S

simpilo

Well I'll do it on Lubuntu Xenial. JDK8 won't install on Windows XP and quite frankly I don't need to hear the tired old 'upgrade' mess because I can't. Besides why is it such a big deal about licensing when it's public on github anyhow? Seems like double talk to me.

DRL-XM43

Well I'll do it on Lubuntu Xenial. JDK8 won't install on Windows XP and quite frankly I don't need to hear the tired old 'upgrade' mess because I can't. Besides why is it such a big deal about licensing when it's public on github anyhow? Seems like double talk to me.

There used to be a version for xp (now unsupported by Java) you may be able to find it with a goog search.

If you have access to a Win machine you could compile it there then copy it over, (just trying to help)

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
(just trying to help)

Don't stress, you gave solid advice. OP came accross as rude (perhaps due to frustration). The JMBE situation has always been an issue for some. The solutions are well documented on Google. I found it trickier to install on Ubuntu due to JDK, than windows.

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
Tried Boatbods fork of OP25 yet? One click set up and has a GI. No need to build anything. If it's any consilation, took me about 3 frustrating months to get the jmbe thing right on a windows system, never nailed it on Ubuntu or my 32 bit mint. Good luck.

S

simpilo

Tried Boatbods fork of OP25 yet? One click set up and has a GI. No need to build anything. If it's any consilation, took me about 3 frustrating months to get the jmbe thing right on a windows system, never nailed it on Ubuntu or my 32 bit mint. Good luck.

I'll give Boatbod's OP25 a try. I think it is this one? https://github.com/boatbod/op25

Looks to be a few terminal commands then done.

I also had SDRTrunk working under Bionic Beaver. it needed both Oracle JDK and JDE. Developer version and the runtime libraries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.