King County/vashon sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner90

I just got a BC246t scanner. I live on Vashon island,wa. I've downloaded some talkgroups for KC sheriff.
The only one I have for Vashon is 23280, which is dispatch, can only hear between cop and operator.

Does anyone have any more talkgroups/chanells for stuff on Vashon island.
I really want to be able to hear the car to car sheriff radios.

Please post anything you have for vashon island.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Let me ask something here, I live up in Snohomish county so I cant get, King county stuff very often. so here goes my question this system.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=604

Has King County Police should it not be King county Sheriff, it was added before my time as a Admin here and I have move stuff to add to it.

AtomicTaco

...Has King County Police should it not be King county Sheriff?
It's been "King County Sheriff's Office" (KCSO) since I can remember, but a lot of the stuff on Intercept refers to KCPD. I guess it could go either way; Pierce County lists it as Sheriff, but I don't know if all users would search for KCS instead of KCP every time.

kingcountybll2.jpg

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Ok thanks that's what I thought, after I take the kid out to get his candy I will do some work on this system. The more I think about this if there badge's and the side of there patrol car's say Sheriff, then they are SO not PD.

Update
I have started to change this system.

Last edited:

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
They were the King County Police Department before they had an elected sheriff position, at which point they became an SO.

Bonus points if you remember the King County Department of Public Safety.

scanner90

yeah they are King county sheriff, I've never seen any cars that say KC police.

Anyway does anyone have any Vashon island channels? There are a couple vashon fire channels listed however I have never picked anything up.

Also I have 23820 as the dispatch for precinct 4, which is Vashon and part of west Seattle. Since 2 days ago I've only heard two things that were about vashon, everything else is in Seattle.

I can't believe the cops driving around Vashon have their radios cluttered with reports of off island stuff. Plus I'm not hearing car to car talk.
Anyone know what I'm missing or where I might be able to track down what chanells they use?

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I ok I just Updated King County sheriff with some stuff that I had. look it over I did add mutual aid to the main page.

Last edited:

scanner90

did some more digging and it looks like vashon is refered to as "V1 district" or "V1 patrol" if that helps? Any idea what channel they use?

Status
Not open for further replies.