Thurston/Washington state codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballjh

I was wondering if anyone had a list of codes for pd/fd for thurston county or even Washinton state. I lived in California and moved here and they are different

bballjh

I am looking for things like "Unit Numbers, Clearing Codes, Disposition Codes, Ten Codes, Districts" for Thurston county PD/Sheriff
thank you for the replies

kellykeeton

code 9 is request for coroner, code 12 is ambulance for Thurston Co.

http://blacklakefire.net/Documents/Radio_Communications_for_the_Fire_Service Web Site.ppt

fire Dist 5 no longer exists, it was merged into 9.

nice document :) but that's all FD

I cant find much on the TCSO, its a little far for me to get data on, bballjh have you tried going to the PD office to ask for this information or ask for a Operations guide for the Police, normally this info is all Public as they dont have any reason to slap a security for public information act on it.

You might have to do this, as I cant find ANYTHING on the web yet using all my usual hiding places for this type of data.

I just put in a online request for info dont know if it will work

Last edited:

bballjh

I cant find much on the TCSO, its a little far for me to get data on, bballjh have you tried going to the PD office to ask for this information or ask for a Operations guide for the Police, normally this info is all Public as they dont have any reason to slap a security for public information act on it.

You might have to do this, as I cant find ANYTHING on the web yet using all my usual hiding places for this type of data.

Thank you everyone for your input. I will try going to the PD tomorrow to ask. Some of the questions I have had about certain codes I have had answered my officers while doing ride alongs. I will however ask the people at the PD for an undated code list. Once again thank you everyone.

kellykeeton

post anything you got from officers and I will put into a document for public download, that way we can all get it. I am trying to get all this information in one place to add to the northwest frequency directory to hell us all with the hobby. happy hunting :)

bballjh

I know the strangest one was the use of "Code 15" in place of what is usually "Code 4" or no further assistance needed.
A few of the ones I had questions about was when an officer says "I'm 99" or "I'm 99 on portable." I'm assuming this means out of vehicle.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber

The original post asked for FD as well as PD, if you looked at the document, it states they use plain english. I don't think they are keeping anything from the public, but even if they are, they don't have to publish it. They have so few codes one can memorize them and therefore little if any documentation exists.

bballjh

The original post asked for FD as well as PD, if you looked at the document, it states they use plain english. I don't think they are keeping anything from the public, but even if they are, they don't have to publish it. They have so few codes one can memorize them and therefore little if any documentation exists.

The FD for the most part uses plain english as that is what the document posted was refering to. The PD however, does not use plain english. They have and use all of the codes I stated above with no know documentation that I have seen.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
They are mainly status codes, like out at "81" You can figure out the rest, if they use a specific code, single or double digit at the end of their shift or when at their residence for a meal break, etc. They only have a handful. they are not assigned for type of incident. if a call is dispatched it is usually in plain english with the normal acronyms like HBD, DUI and so forth. A traffic accident is a traffic accident, a fight is a fight. Never have heard 10 codes in Thurston County that I recall, Lewis and other counties are similar, in fact when they receive a message there is no 10-4, its just "received". There was a thread a couple of years ago that 10 codes were on their way out at the request of DHS.

kellykeeton

sorry missed the FD

pklong

We don't use 10 codes to dispatch calls, plain English only. A fight is a disturbance, and a vehicle prowl is what it is. 99 is lunch, 10-42 is going home, 81 is at the station, code 42 is mental, code 15 is no further assistance needed. For the most part, everything else is plain English. The posted code list, though nice as it is, isn't applicable to us in Thurston County. Having been around for 10+ years I may sneak in an odd code here and there but usualy a new person replies back on the radio with something to the effect of, HUH??? :)

bballjh

thanks! what about any PD unit numbers or clearing codes?

For the units I believe it goes as follows:
It is broken down into 3 parts
-The first number 2=Olympia. 3=Lacey. 4=Tumwater
-A letter spoken phonetically which represents the area in the city.
-Another number which is the officers number

Perhaps someone with more knowledge could add to this and make sure it is correct

bballjh

I have made a list of codes that I know for Thurston county. Some MAY BE incorrect and I'm sure there are codes to be added. If you have anything to add let me know and I will add it and give you credit

Attachments

• Codes.pdf
    45 KB · Views: 340
Status
Not open for further replies.