Monitoring activity at Qwest field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

Aside from the Seattle police and ems that can be monitored on their trs.. Is there anything else related to the Seahawks. Qwest filed or NFL that an be monitored?

How about the FOX sports communications? Like the sideline reporters to their truck etc?

Stavro35

Follow up

Aside from the Seattle police and ems that can be monitored on their trs.. Is there anything else related to the Seahawks. Qwest field or NFL that an be monitored?

How about the FOX sports communications? Like the sideline reporters to their truck etc?

I tried to find activity today. If they were talking,I wasn't finding them

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I tried to find activity today. If they were talking,I wasn't finding them

Where were you monitoring from, Steve? Most radio systems at NFL games and such are low-powered and only meant to cover the stadium.

- Chris

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I am located in the Winslow area of Bainbridge island.

I'm afraid you won't hear much from there. The radios used for the network TV crews are usually simplex, so they won't be heard too far from the stadium. The NFL radios are low-powered too, so unless you are in the parking lot, don't expect to hear too much.

One exception might be any blimps or aerial camera platforms that may be used for a game. They aren't at every game, but you should be able to hear them if they are there.

- Chris

Stavro35

Activity most definitely from Century link field on 451.2375 This frequency was listed in "Scannerstuff:Northwest frequency directory" assigned to JC Penny. It is NOT, it's something to do with Century link field, possibly catering based on the communications I'm hearing.

450.0375 ESPN "truck" CONFIRMED 12/12/11

Last edited:

martidav

KI7VLV
Premium Subscriber
Activity most definitely from Century link field on 451.2375 This frequency was listed in "Scannerstuff:Northwest frequency directory" assigned to JC Penny. It is NOT, it's something to do with Century link field, possibly catering based on the communications I'm hearing.

450.0375 ESPN "truck" CONFIRMED 12/12/11

Wow. Good find! I'm on a hill in Newcastle so I'm dialed in.

Now I'm looking for blimps and choppers. Any suggestions there?

Are you working several scanners/receivers now? What's your technique?

Cheers!
D

Last edited:

Stavro35

update

Wow. Good find! I'm on a hill in Newcastle so I'm dialed in.

Now I'm looking for blimps and choppers. Any suggestions there?

Are you working several scanners/receivers now? What's your technique?

Cheers!
D

1. Nothing found in that regard. I just looked for the frequencies for the blimp working the game on line and dialed those in to my Pro163

2. I was just using my Pro163 for searches . And GRE PSR 500 and Radio shack Pro164 for everything else public safety related.

SCPD

QRT
Qwest Field has it's own LTR system. You can easily monitor this trunk with most scanners these days.

Hmm, I'm not sure why it's not in the RR database. I'll submit the info later tonight. Hopefully Ken will get it in there ASAP.

UPDATE: I've submitted the new system to Ken. Here's the short and sweet of it:

Centurylink Field
LTR Standard

Frequencies:

LCN 01 451.875
LCN 02 452.175
LCN 03 451.45
LCN 05 452.975
LCN 07 451.8375
LCN 09 452.125
LCN 11 452.75
LCN 15 461.075

Known Talkgroups:

0-11-182 Guest Services (Skybox Suites)
0-11-183 Maintenance
0-11-184 Security
0-11-185 Gate Control aka "CONTROL CENTER"
0-11-186 Housekeeping
0-11-187 Event Crew
0-11-234 Event Control

Last edited:

Stavro35

Thank you very much. I do have the system in my Pro 163. I am wondering if it's low power? I can only hear communications if I have the squelch up. Also in my trying to program my radio, it rejects the talkgroup as invalid ?

Last edited:

Stavro35

Next time I know they're hosting an event I will just take my radio up to the 4th floor of our condo. I live in a mixed unit building .Maybe if I take it up one more level I'll hear something.

SCPD

QRT
There's a concert on Sunday night... I'm curious what activity there will be with a concert. I last listened to them during a MLS game.

Stavro35

Concert

There's a concert on Sunday night... I'm curious what activity there will be with a concert. I last listened to them during a MLS game.

I will see if I can find any activity. As I posted earlier. I might have to go up to the 4th floor of our building to try to hear anything.

Stavro35

Status
Not open for further replies.