Spokane Regional Emergency Communications Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
The Spokane Regional Emergency Communications Systems (SRECS), has petitioned the FCC to greatly expand their current radio system. They plan to add a six-site simulcast system, and nine multicast sites to their Project 25 TRS. You can read more about these plans on the FCC Web site:

Supporting Letter

Application 1

Application 2

73s

Ron

N6ZEU

I am just getting back into public service monitoring. I was hoping to pick up something analog and cheap on EBay. It looks like Spokane is going to make me spend some real money when they roll out APCO-25.

Anyone know when the changeover to digital will be fully implemented.

I am taking look at the FCC ULS data now ... maybe I can make heads or tails of it.

Thank for the links Ron.

Bill

N6ZEU

Digital or Analog TRS?

I took a quick look at SRECS's pending ULS application and unless I am misinterpreting something it appears that I will be able to monitor public safety communications simulcast in analog using 16KO F 3 E or 6khz bandwidth FM single channel telephony.

I am a bit confused here I see a request for 7200 TX licenses which have to be the mobile units using analog FM on an Motorola 800 mhz TRS system. I dont see an application for APCO-25 repeaters or Control points.

I guess my question is is this system going to be analog, digital or a hybrid?

SCPD

QRT
Yeah I don't see anything which says it's P25. The emission code is for standard analog trunking.

The frequency range also implies that too. If they were going P25 then I would expect them to use 700 Mhz.

N6ZEU

I just picked up a Scanner today it looks like the "City of" Freqs. are all still on High band and UHF

Fire:
154.13 City fire Ground
154.160 City fire Med.
154.055 Fire Patch
154.175 Fire TAC

Law Enforcement:

159.090 SP1 North
159.150 SP2 Records
159.210 SP3 South
159.030 SP4 Car to Car

Until I get the software Win 97 i'm guessing and a suitable able it is going to be a real pain programming this Pro-97.

Anyone know where to get a PC/IF to USB cable for a Windows 7 64 bit computer
.. Do they make a USB cable or do you have to use an adapter. I know I can look this up online I am just being lazy and trying to shake this thread up a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.