RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Washington Radio Discussion Forum

Washington Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Washington.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 11:20 PM

KD0TAZ: I see no point in continuing to discuss anything with you, as you clearly believe all of your examples are right and no amount of facts or evidence will dissuade your opinion. In the mean time, feel free to submit your request to the public disclosure coordinator for the County's DOT. Your request will be denied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneH View Post
If you can't get a direct response from Lowboy then contact Eric and tell him there's poached data. Let him look in to it and resolve it.
Lowboy never responds. Who is Eric?
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Database Administrator
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Since when is against forum policy to post in another regions forum? Or is this just you go to your corner and stay away from the other person.
Moderators why don't you grow a pair and remove the real troublemakers from Intercept. Or you can remove me because I've had it with intercepts constant bellyaching.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Database Administrator
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

So much for open government!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:28 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner50 View Post
I'm not sure why someone from Kansas has so much to say about the database for the Pacific Northwest, but there are policies that go along with our database and rules in our forums.

One of those rules involves Ignoring a Moderator's request... Guess what you're doing.

Dorothy, You're not in Kansas anymore

You don't know what is going on here, so take a step back, collect yourself, and head on back to the Kansas forum.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
First of all I don't recall any rule prohibiting someone from posting in a regional forum if they are not from that region. The topic title in the New Posts list caught my attention and I had something to contribute. If you don't want people coming into specific parts of the forum, then A) make a rule about it, and B) don't have the posts from those parts of the forum show up under New Posts.

Second of all I don't recall any "Moderator Request" to do (or not do) anything. So why don't you point that one out to me.

And third, as a photographer I am well versed in copyright law. I DO know what is going on here, and all I have done is give facts that blow 'Atomic Taco's argument out of the water. You can not copyright a list of talkgroups - and even if you could, you can not claim copyright on a third party's work.. Which is what 'Atomic Taco' is attempting to do.

Last edited by KD0TAZ; 10-17-2012 at 11:37 PM..
Old 10-18-2012, 6:14 AM
DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I will respond to this The data was dent to me from a well respected member of the other site I was told that it was an a official list KCmet list ,I looked at your database and thought it was odd that it was not there.So I added it here, I still have the original PM. I will add to this after work today.
lowboy654@radioreference.com
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2012, 6:26 AM
The Third Variable
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicTaco View Post
KD0TAZ: I see no point in continuing to discuss anything with you, as you clearly believe all of your examples are right and no amount of facts or evidence will dissuade your opinion. In the mean time, feel free to submit your request to the public disclosure coordinator for the County's DOT. Your request will be denied.

Lowboy never responds. Who is Eric?
Eric is the Lead Database Manager, and contacting him is the appropriate next step if the local
DBA won't respond to you... complaining in the forums is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7kdc View Post
Since when is against forum policy to post in another regions forum? Or is this just you go to your corner and stay away from the other person.
Moderators why don't you grow a pair and remove the real troublemakers from Intercept. Or you can remove me because I've had it with intercepts constant bellyaching.
Trust me, I'm just as tired of the crap from the crew at InterceptRadio.com, but we have rules here, and if information was nothing more than a list dump (which it appears to be), then as far as I am concerned, it is nothing more than garbage and we need to figure out if it was actually researched or just a list dump. Their complaint is valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD0TAZ View Post
First of all I don't recall any rule prohibiting someone from posting in a regional forum if they are not from that region. The topic title in the New Posts list caught my attention and I had something to contribute. If you don't want people coming into specific parts of the forum, then A) make a rule about it, and B) don't have the posts from those parts of the forum show up under New Posts.

Second of all I don't recall any "Moderator Request" to do (or not do) anything. So why don't you point that one out to me.

And third, as a photographer I am well versed in copyright law. I DO know what is going on here, and all I have done is give facts that blow 'Atomic Taco's argument out of the water. You can not copyright a list of talkgroups - and even if you could, you can not claim copyright on a third party's work.. Which is what 'Atomic Taco' is attempting to do.
First of all... As I already stated, You don't know what is going on here

Second, the post just two above my last post was a request from a mod to drop it and use appropriate channels. Instead, you made a snarky response.

And third, as a photographer, your experience in copyright law does not apply and has nothing to do with this situation... So I say again, you DO NOT know what is going on here. If they want to try to claim copyright, let them hire an attorney. Obviously arguing with them is not going to do anything.

Feel free to contact me via PM or E-Mail and I will explain it to you if you don't get it.

Now, here is the options going forward in the thread... We can discuss the validity of the data in the database, or the bickering can continue and the thread can be locked. For this we will need to have someone in the area (AtomicTaco?) monitor the system and validate that the data is accurate. Feel free to put the information in a submission or contact me and I can submit it for you. In other words, AtomicTaco, you need to use appropriate channels, or stop trolling.

-or-

You guys can continue bickering and "bellyaching", the thread will be locked, and infractions will be issued.

Last edited by burner50; 10-18-2012 at 7:02 AM..
Old 10-18-2012, 8:17 PM
DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Ok here we go, This data was sent to me by a member of both sites back in September, the data is valid as far as I am concerned and will stay there until Eric tells me to remove it,

Tim I never saw that page that you linked on your 1ST post here, like I said it was not in your database.
so I added it here, You guys should all know by now that I would never take any data from your site, I see that most of you that are upset about this also have a good submission history here to. the owner of that site and my self have spoken on the phone in the past and I gave he my word that I would not rip off data from that site.

If Radio reference upsets you all some much, you don't have to come here, the last time I looked this is still a free Country, so please fill free not to come here.

I am Sorry that, the info looks like it could have come from your site, but you ever stop and think the official KCMT talkgroup list is just that, The official KCMT talkgroup list.

I answered this matter as best as I can.

So please stop with the fighting.

Jason, Please close this I only see it spinning out of control
lowboy654@radioreference.com

Last edited by scannerfreak; 10-18-2012 at 8:22 PM..
Old 10-18-2012, 8:22 PM
Database Admin

And with that explanation this thread is done.

Forum Rules and Guidelines
Closed Thread