RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Washington Radio Discussion Forum

Washington Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Washington.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 12:43 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Grant Counties Digital System

Does anyone know who is using the MACC's Digital system in Moses Lake? I would like to update the PRO-38. I am thinking the BCD396XLT but I can not justify the cost. I would like to know who is using it to justify the cost. Currently there is enough MACC Analog VHF to keep the 10 channel PRO-38 busy.

My main reason for upgrading is that I would like to scan some UHF action. The ICOM 229H and the PRO-38 are not the greatest tools for this.
Sponsored links
Old 01-27-2013, 9:14 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB7SOR View Post
Does anyone know who is using the MACC's Digital system in Moses Lake? I would like to update the PRO-38. I am thinking the BCD396XLT but I can not justify the cost. I would like to know who is using it to justify the cost. Currently there is enough MACC Analog VHF to keep the 10 channel PRO-38 busy.

My main reason for upgrading is that I would like to scan some UHF action. The ICOM 229H and the PRO-38 are not the greatest tools for this.
I don't believe anyone is using it yet, last I knew it was just in the testing phase.

MACC will be moving all their coummunications as far as I am aware, police and fire will be using it. I know that pubic works is moving to a DMR/Tait radio system that cannot be monitored by any scanner.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:15 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I had scanner setup on it yesterday and got the following radio id's 1025, 1030, 1033, 1002, 2003,and 2012. I was not monitoring it just capture with win500. Did hear someone say :back in the car " assumed would be law enforcement. Might try again today I am in benton county so is not real strong signal.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:36 PM

Most all law agencies have moved to the new 800mhz systems. Fire/EMS will move once all the radios are programmed. Both dispatch channels for both fire and law are patched back to the old VHF channels.

A correction on a post earlier from 'godigital'. Public Works is NOT moving to a Tait system. Public works will continue to use their existing VHF radio system. Grant County PUD WILL be moving to a new Tait system sometime this year. That contract is just being finalized.
** Kenwood/BK-Relm/Tait/Vertex **
Old 01-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Database Administrator
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Could someone send me a list here or private email on the talkgroup numbers with corresponding channel names.
-Steve
Old 02-04-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB7SOR View Post

Ehhh...all the Law TGs are encrypted. Not worth upgrading just so you can listen to them. Fire TGs on the other hand are all in the clear. The main dispatch channels (Fire 1 & 2, Law Dispatch & Data) are all patched to VHF and analog so you'll still be able to hear them with an old scanner.

WSP should go to P25 sometime this year so you may want to upgrade for them.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Database Administrator
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

LOL ....sometime this year