Anyone able to meet up to offer help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrischris

Hi everyone,

I am posting this on behalf of my dad. He really enjoys listening to his local pd (Auburn) and up until a couple months ago his Pro 97 scanner has worked great. However a couple months ago he noticed he is only hearing part of Auburn's radio traffic.

I have attempted to help him in the past with the help of several of you guys (thanks lowboy64 for the help) and my dad even purchased a new scanner. But we can't quite get either scanner to work. I'm not sure if something changed at ValleyCom but he is now no longer able to hear all of Auburn's traffic.

My dad only really cares to listen to Auburn and due to computer issues (both my dad and I have macs) we can't configure the scanner ourselves, even if we knew what we were doing.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to meet up to help properly configure the scanners. Anywhere in the region would be fine and I would be willingly to compensate for the time and assistance. I would really like to help my dad out.

Thanks,

Chris

chrischris

He has a Pro 97 and a recently purchased Pro 164 (I think).

Are you able to meet up vdcceo? I emailed Stavro35 but haven't heard back.

Thanks guys,

Chris

vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
you are in the king county area? , and did you he buy a programing cable with the scanner ?

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I guess I will step in here, did I not send you a file for this, if not I will, the thing about this is you will need some one to meet you in your area, to make sure what is programed will work. what days can you do this and the times, and I guess it will have to be a place that has wifi..... I have a laptop but my time is very limited for the next few weeks.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Its a very simple deal here with the 97,163 or the 164 put in the control channels " the one that decode the signal the best," then enter the talk groups that you want to listen to very simple, but can be a pain in the butt if you don't know what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.