Pierce County Sheriff 700 mhz digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told today that Pierce County switched from vhf to the new digital system today. Has anybody been monitoring the new system yet? I dont have a digital scanner as of yet to monitor.

Cogon

PCS switched a little after 8:30 today. I still can get PCF for now. It looks like I need to shell out $400.00 for a new scanner.

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
I am hearing pcso east on the south sound 911 700 digital system on talkgroup 40106 using my psr-800. The problem for me is some transmissions are very clear on both ends, and some are garbled. Im thinking an antenna issue? Something not set correct in the psr-800? Im using a RS outdoor antenna that is hanging in my garage. The duck antennas (i have several different) will not break squelch. Any suggestions?

Also for the above poster, central pierce fire is on, and will remain on the tacoma/puyallup 800 system, and graham,west pierce and east pierce are on the old pierce county fire system for now until the join the tacoma 800 system (im told a ways away by credible sources until the new consolidated dispatch center is built) as of now there no plans to have any pierce county fire agencies on the digital system

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Because like every other fire district in Pierce County, they got a bunch of grant money from the Homeland security Department to upgrade their radio systems, to comply with federal rules the cops and fire have to be able to talk to each other in a catastrophe

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
Because like every other fire district in Pierce County, they got a bunch of grant money from the Homeland security Department to upgrade their radio systems, to comply with federal rules the cops and fire have to be able to talk to each other in a catastrophe

Actually, we didn't get any "grant money". Neither did my secondary district. Doesn't mean we wouldn't like some.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I'm charging my radio now to say anything, but I'll see if I can't hear it this weekend.

Is that changing or charging, has it said anything yet, What type of scanner do you have, sounds like you wiil be running it in the open mode if it's a GRE or a ratshack scanner, anyhow please keep us updated.

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
for pierce county sheriff, load the pierce transit system 700mhz p-25 tdma (RR calls it "south sound 911" in their system) you will have to lock out the damn busses,,,,, talkgroups 1 through 100 or load the below talkgroups individually

40106 is being used as sheriff's east primary dispatch
i think 40107 is west primary but i need to get my antenna in the air more to hear that one
others that have come up are 40107, 40108 (encrypted) 40600, 40602, 40014, 40098, 40099,40119,and 40113
transit police(they are sheriff deputies via contract) is on transit talkgroup 25,,,,,there is or is going to be an inter-op channel to link pcso and tacoma and lakewood, kind of a digital LERN which tacoma calls LE-1, but i havn't heard it yet on this system but very well could be one of the above listed talkgroups.
i have heard narcs and vice on 27092 and it was not encrypted a few weeks ago
system is strong and clear (at least on east primary) on my psr800 once i bought a 50' coax and took the antenna from the garage to the yard, plan on trying the attic tomorrow. used to work for pcso years back, and will do some inquiring with some of the guys i know for more info/talkgroups

as far as i can see, lakewood pd is still on the tacoma/puyallup 800 system for now

Last edited:

Stavro35

Thanks

It's the South Sound 911. Can find in both the Pierce and King County database pages.

I am parked on the system here in my condo in the Winslow area of Bainbridge island. So far, I'm not hearing any public safety traffic, just the buses. I'll keep my Pro106 locked on to the system, and let everyone know what I hear as far as talkgroups.

dpm3

I am doing the same here on Dash Point; and, like the previous poster, all I am getting is the bus traffic. I've programmed the talkgroups shared in a prior posting and I'll keep it parked here to see if the radio "logs" any traffic on those groups.

SCPD

QRT
That was quick! Ha, did they already throw the analog radios out? Not hearing traffic on old analog 155.64??

Stavro35

I have two analog scanners and two digital. Analog scanners are Pro164. and Pro163 Digital/analog scanners are Pro106 and PSR 500. Still parked on the Seattle site as I post this message. And not a word of public safety traffic.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
I am doing the same here on Dash Point; and, like the previous poster, all I am getting is the bus traffic. I've programmed the talkgroups shared in a prior posting and I'll keep it parked here to see if the radio "logs" any traffic on those groups.

Same here. I entered 40106 and 40107 and not a peep. They could be Phase 2 TGIDs, or I could be far. I'm using the West Seattle tower because I figured that would be my closest one.

Stavro35

Unless something big happens in Seattle that warrants monitoring more than one scanner. I'll keep the 106 for monitoring the South Sound system .When my old hometown in Georgia went to a trunked system. It took a few years before everyone was on it. First to make the switch was the sheriffs office, which was not the primary law enforcement. Then the regional hospital. Then animal control. Then one morning, I woke up turned on my scanner. BCD 245XLT at the time. And didn't hear a thing. Put the radio in .I.D search, and presto!

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
I guess i needed to note in my earlier posts that ALL of the pierce county sheriff talkgroups are TDMA phase 2, within a very large digital system. transit is straight digital, so any digital scanner will pick up theit radio traffic, and quite well as they use towers from seattle to olympia. PCSO is using a tower on graham hill primarily for east dispatch, and one over the narrows bridge for west, and one in central tacoma as selected for both east and west.
Now with that said, bear in mind that the only scanners out there that will decode phase 2 TDMA are the PSR800 (i use 2 of these) and to my knowledge the new whistler 1080 (?) whitch is is the same radio as mine with some refinements, and the new uniden radios that decode TDMA. I assumed everyone knew this, and my apologies for not mentioning it in my posts.
For those of you that do have the right radios, don't get too excited about this new pcso system as im not at all happy with the way it works on my psr800. By activating "search Dg AGC" in settings seemed to help a bit but about half of todays transmissions are garbled and i still cant pick up the west dispatch channel, so at least for me the system seem to be very antenna fussy.
For those of you that do have TDMA scanners, some new talkgroups i have heard are 40113 (tac-1 and encrypted) I heard it called, and 40119 & 40914. maybe the county is still tweaking, but last night i heard everthing well, today not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.