WSP F-7 dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupSupDog

I havent heard anything most of this afternoon. did they make the switch to digital? F3 is still broadcasting

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
What're the frequencies? I had a WSP radio in my car up until 2012, and none of them were numbered like that...I think they stopped that in about 1995.

SupSupDog

its south air - king county

I am sure its 154.6800 , though not in my car been working couple days ago

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
I don't get that channel from here very well either. I get channel 155.58 dispaters only no cops. Although I am pretty close to the highway.

KC7PSX

Premium Subscriber
154.68 has been silent, =something= breaking squelch every few minutes, no voice on any radio I normally (for 20 years anyway) monitor. Did they go digital in the Puget Sound?

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
154.68 has been silent, =something= breaking squelch every few minutes, no voice on any radio I normally (for 20 years anyway) monitor. Did they go digital in the Puget Sound?

Ah, now I get it. Yes, it's a P25 (digital) rebroadcast from the 700mhz trunked system. They switched it to P25 when they went full trunking. There's been a lot of rebroadcast (patching) from the 700 side to analog while they've been testing/migrating to the trunked system over the last 3 months or so, but I personally don't know why the P25 switch.

KC7PSX

Premium Subscriber
very cool

Received voice on TG 59208 after using the RTL-SDR software/dongle combination to look for active frequencies in the 770 mhz range, then programming the CC I found here. I hear the occasional warrant verifications, stuff like that. Not as busy as 154.68 was - or the APCO stuff isn't decoding reliably. By comparison I get the Pierce Transit system clearly enough. The other WSP TGs come up as DATA but the CC seems to decode fine. I guess the poor ol' 2023 is gonna get set up to monitor Marine channels, I don't see maritime stuff going APCO anytime soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.