Gig Harbor Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc1028

Sorry if this is something I “should know”. How or can I listen to Gig Harbor Fire with a 436 HP? Have found some Pierce County Fire but so far do not seem to be hearing Gig Harbor. Thanks.

Sorry if this is something I “should know”. How or can I listen to Gig Harbor Fire with a 436 HP? Have found some Pierce County Fire but so far do not seem to be hearing Gig Harbor. Thanks.
Gig Harbor (District #5) responds on "Delta 3" 154.160....You won't hear the units unless you're in the area next to the fire rigs. Only the firecom diapatchers

kc1028

Gig Harbor (District #5) responds on "Delta 3" 154.160....You won't hear the units unless you're in the area next to the fire rigs. Only the firecom diapatchers
Thanks will try that. Don't care much about hearing the rigs. Just would like to know they are coming and what they are bringing when they are coming where I work.

kc1028

Dispatch is on Delta 1 153.890.

They will be going over to 700 very very very soon.
That will be even better. When I'm out there I can pretty well hear the PCS West which is the GHPD. Be nice if the fire out there was on the same set up. Will keep and eye out for it. Are they going to be part of the SS911 set up?

amtrak8

Well kinda...

Yes, for all purposes related to Radioreference.com, they will be on the South Sound 911 system.

In reality, there isn't a South Sound 911 radio system. There is a Tacoma/Puyallup System and a Pierce County/Pierce Transit System. South Sound 911 doesn't own or have any rights over either system.

kc1028

Well kinda...

Yes, for all purposes related to Radioreference.com, they will be on the South Sound 911 system.

In reality, there isn't a South Sound 911 radio system. There is a Tacoma/Puyallup System and a Pierce County/Pierce Transit System. South Sound 911 doesn't own or have any rights over either system.
What I mean is it will be digital I take it? That way don't have to deal with the squelch like I would if I have to monitor both an analog and a digital system. Be easier (for me) if it's all on the digital system. Still burns me that I had to pay $500 for a new scanner to listen to them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.