WSP Yakima on IWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

code3kid

Hi everyone,
Heading to the Yakima area tomorrow and I was wondering if WSP Yakima is on the IWN or is still P25 conventional, or simulcasting on both. On the IWN database there is 4 dispatch talkgroups listed for district 3 (which Yak is in) 3 of which are labeled with the generic D3 A08 though A10 and the 4th is labeled Union gap dispatch (e7af) Is WSP Yakima on any of those talkgroups?

Dann

Premium Subscriber
I was in Yakima last week and they used the conventional P25. Dispatch is Union Gap..

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I believe Yakima is still P25. I know Walla Walla is still P25 and they are Dispatched out of Union Gap just like Yakima.

code3kid

Right, I know they are running P25. I was wondering if they are only doing P25 conventional or if they are also simulcasting to/from the DOJ integrated wireless network trunked system. And if so, what talkgroup.

BC_Scan

Now P25 154.755 I believe Z7, NAC D70h , huge signal into Lower mainland, it does not seem to be on any of the three northern border JIWN sites, this is the same freq before with CTCSS that we used to hear in BC.

jparks29

John McClane
Now P25 154.755 I believe Z7, NAC D70h , huge signal into Lower mainland, it does not seem to be on any of the three northern border JIWN sites, this is the same freq before with CTCSS that we used to hear in BC.

154.755 is Bellingham, which is why It's heard in BC. The NACs on the conventional channels match the District. Bellingham is district 7, hence D70, Vancouver, WA is District 5, hence D50, etc etc..

Yakima is towards the center of the state, hundreds of miles away.

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
In essence you are both correct, if you check the database you will see that several districts in Washington share frequencies, as Yakima and Bellingham are the same, Tacoma and Pasco are the same, and so on.

mikeph4

What P25 mode is WSP on? I'm in District 8 and they just switched to P25 within the last week. So now I'm in the market for a new radio/scanner. As long as it's not encrypted.. Maybe someone here can fill me in?

code3kid

What P25 mode is WSP on? I'm in District 8 and they just switched to P25 within the last week. So now I'm in the market for a new radio/scanner. As long as it's not encrypted.. Maybe someone here can fill me in?

P25 is P25. WSP Bremerton switched to P25 conventional (non trunked) on the same freq as before. I'd recommend a Uniden BCD396XT or a BCD396T or BCD325P2.

mikeph4

Sounds great then. I'm getting an SDR instead. Far cheaper than a scanner. It's perfect for getting my scanner feed back up on my pi. Thanks!

code3kid

Sounds great then. I'm getting an SDR instead. Far cheaper than a scanner. It's perfect for getting my scanner feed back up on my pi. Thanks!

Sorry should have mentioned it's phase I. Conventional P25 systems are always phase I.

Status
Not open for further replies.