RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Washington Radio Discussion Forum

Washington Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Washington.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 1:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Welcome Guys, Enjoy The Hobby.
Old 03-23-2013, 8:51 PM
DB Admin Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann View Post
Welcome Guys, Enjoy The Hobby.
I, 2nd that.
lowboy654@radioreference.com
Old 04-02-2013, 3:11 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

How come the newly introduced TRBOWEST system that shows up on this website isn't showing up int Uniden Sentinel software?
Old 04-02-2013, 9:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Well, I procrastinated long enough. I took the plunge and bought my scanner. Now the questions will come faster than the scanner can change freq's. I took the advice I found on here and bought the Uniden BC346xt.

Hopefully once I get it, I'll be able to bend a few ears getting it programmed. I have looked at Freescan and the import feature. But, Im sure that until I get the scanner in hand, that it will seem hard.

Thanks
Nick in Maple valley
Old 04-03-2013, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
How come the newly introduced TRBOWEST system that shows up on this website isn't showing up int Uniden Sentinel software?
TRBOWEST is a MotoTRBO TDMA Connect Plus system, which cannot be decoded by any scanner at this point.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:58 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegilbert View Post
TRBOWEST is a MotoTRBO TDMA Connect Plus system, which cannot be decoded by any scanner at this point.
Hmm, then I don't see the point in "referencing" it.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:40 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Question help!!!bcd996xt

have not done scanning in 30 yrs. bought a bcd996xt and am lost. took it to electronic store and they were lost also. need someone to show me how to program unit. I live in southeast wa. have printed off everything that has been suggested. am WAY over my head.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:44 PM
DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 689duh View Post
have not done scanning in 30 yrs. bought a bcd996xt and am lost. took it to electronic store and they were lost also. need someone to show me how to program unit. I live in southeast wa. have printed off everything that has been suggested. am WAY over my head.
Welcome aboard you can find help here.
BCD996T - The RadioReference Wiki
Easier to Read BCD996T/UBCD996T Digital Scanner Manual
you can also fined good support at this link.
Uniden Scanners - The RadioReference.com Forums

You have bought yourself a great scanner. there is a very big learning curve to it and being that you have been out of scanning for sometime now. But you will get it, I am sure there will be more folks here to add to this, I don't own that model yet. But I am looking to add it to the pile on my desk.
Old 04-08-2013, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
Hmm, then I don't see the point in "referencing" it.
DMR signaling can be decoded with DMRdecode and non encrypted voice can be received with DSD or a properly set up DMR radio. Hopefully someday a scanner will be made to receive and track a Connect Plus MotoTrbo system or other types of DMR. In the meantime I think if information can be gathered it should be logged. That's my 2
Sponsored links
Old 04-08-2013, 5:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Wink bcd996xt how to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowboy654 View Post
Welcome aboard you can find help here.
BCD996T - The RadioReference Wiki
Easier to Read BCD996T/UBCD996T Digital Scanner Manual
you can also fined good support at this link.
Uniden Scanners - The RadioReference.com Forums

You have bought yourself a great scanner. there is a very big learning curve to it and being that you have been out of scanning for sometime now. But you will get it, I am sure there will be more folks here to add to this, I don't own that model yet. But I am looking to add it to the pile on my desk.
I am in the walla walla area. need help programing scanner. I have downloaded all of those sites. am so confused don't know what to do. about to send back.
Old 04-08-2013, 5:42 PM
DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 689duh View Post
I am in the walla walla area. need help programing scanner. I have downloaded all of those sites. am so confused don't know what to do. about to send back.
its not on the scanners end its on yours, this is a well made scanner just give your self some time to figure it out, if you like we could talk over the phone about it, hang in there
Old 04-08-2013, 7:04 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Question bcd996xt scanner help

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowboy654 View Post
its not on the scanners end its on yours, this is a well made scanner just give your self some time to figure it out, if you like we could talk over the phone about it, hang in there
thanks lowboy for the support. I know this is on my end. that is why I need someone to show me how to program this unit. I can enter the freqs, but it only scannes one channel. also the freq report from rr shows that they have 4 didget tone. cant find where that tone goes
Old 04-08-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym70 View Post
DMR signaling can be decoded with DMRdecode and non encrypted voice can be received with DSD or a properly set up DMR radio. Hopefully someday a scanner will be made to receive and track a Connect Plus MotoTrbo system or other types of DMR. In the meantime I think if information can be gathered it should be logged. That's my 2
Agreed.

When I get some time, I'll start logging known TRBO frequencies and post my findings in the Connect Plus thread.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegilbert View Post
Agreed.

When I get some time, I'll start logging known TRBO frequencies and post my findings in the Connect Plus thread.
Thanks Mike, are you having fun playing amateur MotoTrbo up there?
Old 04-14-2013, 3:15 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

This website also claims that LTR Multinet cannot be received or tracked by any known scanner. The Chelan County PUD uses such a system and I can listen to them just fine on my Uniden Home Patrol, even though it also does not show up in the Sentinel software database. All I did was program the 14 frequencies they use into a favorites list, lock out a couple of "control" frequencies that are always on but not modulating. It scans fast enough to "track" them. (Not that they use it much anyway, except when the power goes out)
I wonder if such a procedure could be used on other types of digital transmissions?

Last edited by Gitsum; 04-14-2013 at 3:21 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2013, 4:33 AM

Hello WA folks,

This is my first post and just a howdy so the Admins know I'm not looking to go berserk here, just suck up some knowledge and enjoy learning more about the scanning fascination.

I'm not in to scanning. I have a background in electronics design and used to hang out with the HAM guys at Dennys for years when I lived in the South. My interest now is buying a radio for emergency use when camping and getting a licence.

I have a Midland HH CB radio and looking for something like a 2 meter to add to the possibilities.

I like what I've seen of the forum and the way it's handled, the way the staff assists etc. At some mysterious unknown time in the future when I more access here I would appreciate any advice etc for buying a radio and whip etc, in the mean time I'll keep reading the forums and see what others choose.

Cheers from Bellevue!

Old 04-26-2013, 2:09 PM
DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekN3rd View Post
Hello WA folks,

This is my first post and just a howdy so the Admins know I'm not looking to go berserk here, just suck up some knowledge and enjoy learning more about the scanning fascination.

I'm not in to scanning. I have a background in electronics design and used to hang out with the HAM guys at Dennys for years when I lived in the South. My interest now is buying a radio for emergency use when camping and getting a licence.

I have a Midland HH CB radio and looking for something like a 2 meter to add to the possibilities.

I like what I've seen of the forum and the way it's handled, the way the staff assists etc. At some mysterious unknown time in the future when I more access here I would appreciate any advice etc for buying a radio and whip etc, in the mean time I'll keep reading the forums and see what others choose.

Cheers from Bellevue!

Welcome aboard, and enjoy your stay.
Old 07-29-2013, 9:30 PM

Hi all,
Got into scanning a few years ago with a basic BC72XLT. Bought a BC125AT last year for mil air, and recently got a BCT15X for a proper base station and trunking.
My primary interest is the air band, VHF and UHF (hoping to actually hear something on UHF sometime...). I also like staying informed on FD/PD, and any other random stuff I can pick up. Oh, and I just discovered ACARS, which I find super neat
Just moved to the Renton area earlier this year from the midwest and enjoying it so far.
Old 07-31-2013, 3:21 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

I live in Renton as well and monitor the aircraft bands, western Washington has a lot of UHF military traffic. A good start is Seattle center on 353.9 and 273.6 If you can hear the controller on those freqs, you should be able to pick up a fair amount of other stuff. I also have a BC125AT Another freq to plug in is Boeing Renton on 123.35, every time a new 737 departs the factory in Renton on a first flight, they use that freq.
Old 08-02-2013, 7:33 PM

airwolfbell222, thanks for the frequency tips. I have heard regular ATC on UHF before but nothing I couldn't have heard on VHF. I did not have those freqs in my scanner though so I will see what I can hear.
This week I tried a combination of a new antenna and keeping the scanner on a lot more, and I actually did hear a few things! Nothing really exciting, but still neat.
Thanks for the Boeing freq, too. I have that one and have listened to a few first flight takeoffs.

Tags