RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum

West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of West Virginia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 7:39 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Jefferson Co Fire/Pager Tone

I'm trying to configure my 996 and 396 for the fire tone out feature. I recorded the Jefferson Co fire channel for about 24 hours to make sure I got a good sampling of dispatch tones. The one I am primarily looking for is Citizens Fire Dept. I was able to capture their tones and used Sound Forge 9.0 to sample the Hz of the tones. I believe I got it as A: 475 B:992. Anyone able to confirm this for me?

Citizens was just dispatched on a brush fire assist and the scanner never alerted...I'm guessing it was because the scanner picked up the audio on the digital system and I never configured tone out for this system.

Anyone have any connections at Jefferson dispatch that could have them run several test alerts for Citizens so I can test me setup??? LOL
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2008, 4:26 PM

I don't use the tone out feature on my radios but, It sounds like you are scanning and hoping to have the tone work. This will not work. For tone outs to function you must park the scanner on the dispatch channel. It cannot scan and monitor for tone outs at the same time.
Good luck!

Tri-State live feed http://delaware.pa.scanamerica.us/index.php
Old 10-16-2008, 7:49 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Ahhhhh!!! I did not know that! I was thinking it would alert even in scan mode..guess not.

I think I still have the incorrect A and B tones because I put the scanner into the tone out standby mode for a few days and never heard any alert...although I could hear the dispatch tones for the fire department on my other scanner. Guess I need to record another dispatch sample to see if I can get the correct tones.
Old 10-19-2008, 4:27 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Jefferson FD Company #2 tones are Tone A: 384.6 and Tone B: 977.2. They just alerted on my BCD996T for a fuel spill.

Jim
Old 10-23-2008, 5:43 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

DELCOLHFC hit the nail on the head! When you are in scan mode you have to have very precise luck that the scanner is at that particular frequency at the exact instant the the company is toned out. It is not surprising at all that you could let it scan for days and it not catch the tones. The way the tones sound on the digital simulcast from VHF it might have a hard working with taht audio anyway, since the tones sound nasty on there.
Good luck and hope you don't end up parking your nice digital radio on 86 just to get tone alerted! :-)
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2009, 10:52 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

How about the tones for Friendship Fire Company (Co.1) in Jefferson County WV. Does anyone have those?
Old 05-01-2009, 6:07 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Jefferson Co Fire/Pager Tone (Company 1)

emt4life, Since you haven't gotten a response with the exact information, I'll pass on what works for me, even though it may not be exactly right:

345.6 & 977.6

Hope this helps you!

-jamie