Jefferson Co Fire/Pager Tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

andsmith79

I'm trying to configure my 996 and 396 for the fire tone out feature. I recorded the Jefferson Co fire channel for about 24 hours to make sure I got a good sampling of dispatch tones. The one I am primarily looking for is Citizens Fire Dept. I was able to capture their tones and used Sound Forge 9.0 to sample the Hz of the tones. I believe I got it as A: 475 B:992. Anyone able to confirm this for me?

Citizens was just dispatched on a brush fire assist and the scanner never alerted...I'm guessing it was because the scanner picked up the audio on the digital system and I never configured tone out for this system.

Anyone have any connections at Jefferson dispatch that could have them run several test alerts for Citizens so I can test me setup??? LOL :)

DELCOLHFC

I don't use the tone out feature on my radios but, It sounds like you are scanning and hoping to have the tone work. This will not work. For tone outs to function you must park the scanner on the dispatch channel. It cannot scan and monitor for tone outs at the same time.
Good luck!

andsmith79

Ahhhhh!!! :) I did not know that! :) I was thinking it would alert even in scan mode..guess not.

I think I still have the incorrect A and B tones because I put the scanner into the tone out standby mode for a few days and never heard any alert...although I could hear the dispatch tones for the fire department on my other scanner. Guess I need to record another dispatch sample to see if I can get the correct tones.

wb8oif

DELCOLHFC hit the nail on the head! When you are in scan mode you have to have very precise luck that the scanner is at that particular frequency at the exact instant the the company is toned out. It is not surprising at all that you could let it scan for days and it not catch the tones. The way the tones sound on the digital simulcast from VHF it might have a hard working with taht audio anyway, since the tones sound nasty on there.
Good luck and hope you don't end up parking your nice digital radio on 86 just to get tone alerted! :)

emt4life

How about the tones for Friendship Fire Company (Co.1) in Jefferson County WV. Does anyone have those?

jeebs98

Feed Provider
Jefferson Co Fire/Pager Tone (Company 1)

emt4life, Since you haven't gotten a response with the exact information, I'll pass on what works for me, even though it may not be exactly right:

345.6 & 977.6

Hope this helps you!

-jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.