Brooke Co. Sheriff and Local PD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

colliers_628

ok on another thread someone posted the unit numbering scheme for ohio county law enforcement agencies, now instead of asking my question in that thread i decided to put it in a new thread. and being i monitor the brooke co public safety, i generally do not monitor police activity, but i find myself dabbing in it occasionally.
Here is my question, what is the brooke co scheme. now the sheriff's office cruisers are marked for the 50's and 60's series numbers, but that dont mean jack ****. Weirton police dept doesnt go by cruiser number they go by badge number. so i'll list the law enforcement agencies in brooke county if someone would be kind enough to fill in the blanks.

Brooke Co. Sheriff- cruisers are 50 and 60 series
Follansbee PD- cruisers are 80 series and they go by that so i'm good on that one. i.e 81, 82, 83, 84
Wellsburg PD- cruisers i believe are 20 series??
Beech Bottom PD- I heard they were 90 series
Bethany PD- ??? cars marked unit 1, unit 2, etc
Bethany Campus PD- ???
WV State Police- ??? heard 300 400 and 500 series numbers

any other info would be great

thanks

brent

calwxman

from listening to Brooke in the past here is what I can input.

Brooke Co. Sheriff- units are 1-how many deputies they have
Wellsburg PD-I believe they use 30's for units
Bethany PD-I believe is 40's
WV State Police- they use numbers from 1-how many ever troopers there are. I think there are two maybe three troopers in Brooke County so you would just hear their two unit numbers unless there is a visiting trooper from another county.

When I am home for Christmas I will have to listen to see if I can get some more info for you since I live in MA now. I didn't listen to Brooke much when I was just home for Thanksgiving...just Hancock and Weirton.

Dustin

Last edited:

Mylan

Feed Provider
beech bottom has a pd??? wow- thats news to me... ( that would seriously be a boring job)

The only thing I can say with certainty is what you already know... about follansbee...
FROm my listening experience, I will agree with calwxman that the sheriff units go by their badge/unit number...
and the state police go by their badge # which can also be found on their license plate- usually 3 digits.

I've always wondered about wellsburg and bethany myself...
but really though... you must be mistaken about beech bottom... right?

colliers_628

i know i know, i thought it to myself when i seen it posted, next thing you know, hooverson heights is gonna want a PD Windsor heights is gonna wanna PD. the county is just goin to hell a short yellow bus and the commissioners are lickin the windows

Mylan

Feed Provider
yeah... all they need to do now is build their very own 3 million non compatable 450mhz radio system right?

colliers_628

well hell that's already been done, check the database, those would be the useless uhf law enforcement frequencies and too boot everyone is supose to move to the WVIRP system, when i have no clue but this ought to be a trip, the friggin county is starting to become a soap opera

Mylan

Feed Provider
Brooke Co. may be a soap opera off the air but for a real time soap, listen to Marshall County fire..... I have never heard so much childish stuff in one place whether it's fights among members, arguments between a dispatcher and user, dispatchers becoming hostile, name calling, people talking over paging tones even though they were specificly asked not to, people asking their spouses to run errands, two firemen fighting over who gets to communicate with dispatch, and just last night after a fire on Big Wheeling Creek... not one, not two, not three, but FOUR times different people came on the radio to report "all units clear and returning"....its hilarious.

In reality, it's half drama and half comedy because these antics happen all the time....
I can recall dozens and dozens of incidents like this and NEVER have I heard any stuff like this on any other channel besides Marshall County Fire..... Many people act so immature on a regular basis that they should cover their faces with shame- especially a couple dispatchers...

From my world on the outside, Brooke is a class act and you guys should be proud of the job you do...
and that makes me wonder, Does Bob Fowler have something to do with brooke ema or 911 that you know of?

colliers_628

well i can honestly say brooke co does the very same thing at times and can be compared to marshall co on alot of fronts and faults. it is good to know someone out of our brooke co fire ems service thinks that about us, makes my heart feel real warm inside to know that despite some to alot of our counties faults that there are people out there that feel that way about us, i know it makes me believe im actually doin some good and makin a difference, and not all people think that we are half-trained adrenaline junkies lookin to tear someones property up. ok enough of the sappy sh*t, Bob Fowler is EMA1 and is a Brooke Co. paramedic, most of the depts in the county like to stir the pot and talk sh*t on one another, but when tones drop and its a multi-dept inter-county cluster f**k, we tend to have all our ducks in one pond, and it actually shows a county brotherhood well worth being a part of.

hey you need to know anything else about brooke co let me know, try to tell and help as much as i can, i'm still trying to find out about this wonderful new radio system that were movin too sometime in the next year or so.

MOTOROLANUT

Wvirp

With the advent of the WVIRP giving each fire company its own chit chat channels, as well as the fact that most members and dispatchers believe no one can hear them. You will see(hear) much fowl talk, like the old, "hey we got our own private channel days"....LOL I even heard a distinct F@ck You from a Harrison County dispatcher two days ago for the police...Police Chiefs, Sheriffs, Fire Chiefs and 911 Directors need to sit down with all these Bozo's for a 8 hour in service class on proper radio grammer..

But for those that enjoy trash talk.....Enjoy the show I am sure it will continue for a long time....LMMFAO

firefighter427

Premium Subscriber
ok on another thread someone posted the unit numbering scheme for ohio county law enforcement agencies, now instead of asking my question in that thread i decided to put it in a new thread. and being i monitor the brooke co public safety, i generally do not monitor police activity, but i find myself dabbing in it occasionally.
Here is my question, what is the brooke co scheme. now the sheriff's office cruisers are marked for the 50's and 60's series numbers, but that dont mean jack ****. Weirton police dept doesnt go by cruiser number they go by badge number. so i'll list the law enforcement agencies in brooke county if someone would be kind enough to fill in the blanks.

Brooke Co. Sheriff- cruisers are 50 and 60 series
Follansbee PD- cruisers are 80 series and they go by that so i'm good on that one. i.e 81, 82, 83, 84
Wellsburg PD- cruisers i believe are 20 series??
Beech Bottom PD- I heard they were 90 series
Bethany PD- ??? cars marked unit 1, unit 2, etc
Bethany Campus PD- ???
WV State Police- ??? heard 300 400 and 500 series numbers

any other info would be great

thanks

brent
sheriff uses 1-17....this is how many active officers they have
Follansbee uses 80-89
wellsburgh uses 30 series
Beech bottom uses 60 series
Bethany uses 40 series
Bethany campus pd or securty uses UHF...which is the fire dispatch channel...i dont believe they have unit numbers...they refer to themselves as bethany securty.
WV state police use *** three digit numbers. (ex. 375) or for higher rank you may here a number like 012

Mylan

Feed Provider
so does each police officer have his own number like 81 82; 31 32 or does that just signify patrol cars or patrol beats?

K8JSM

With the advent of the WVIRP giving each fire company its own chit chat channels, as well as the fact that most members and dispatchers believe no one can hear them. You will see(hear) much fowl talk, like the old, "hey we got our own private channel days"....LOL I even heard a distinct F@ck You from a Harrison County dispatcher two days ago for the police...Police Chiefs, Sheriffs, Fire Chiefs and 911 Directors need to sit down with all these Bozo's for a 8 hour in service class on proper radio grammer..

But for those that enjoy trash talk.....Enjoy the show I am sure it will continue for a long time....LMMFAO

I didn't see Marshall County on the WVIRP page here on RR. Am I missing something? I thought Marshall all used FM VHF/UHF channels as listed here - Marshall County, West Virginia (WV) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference.

Sean

medic_35

Sean, Marshall County Uses 154.385 For VFD and 159.310 For County Sheriffs

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Sean, Marshall County Uses 154.385 For VFD and 159.310 For County Sheriffs

Dan,

Marshall Co SO is running narrowband - The freq is actually a hair off of what you said - It is 159.3075. And they seem to also simulcast the traffic on 158.7675. I don't know if both frequencies _always_ have the same traffic, but the last few times I monitored them the same traffic was heard on both outputs.

Mike

K8JSM

What's Fire Channel 3? Hear them saying that all the time, then don't hear anything on the scanner, so I know I must not have it! (Or it's a Fireground channel being used, and I'm not in range...)

Status
Not open for further replies.