RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum

West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of West Virginia.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 9:02 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlewis1969 View Post
I was in Grafton with my 106 and laptop for the holidays, ran unitrunker for the harco sites. Did not catch any new TG's or even neighbor site info. Their tower is up but not online as of yet. Sometime in January from what I was told. I did submit radio programming info that I laid hold of. I couldnt find out if they would be digital but they will be working on VHF HI freqs. I will sibmit anything else I can find out for ya.

Chris
Thanks, Chris. The Tygart info was entered under the West Virginia DNR section rather than in the Taylor Co area of the DB.

Mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2011, 11:47 AM

This might be old news but I'm sitting in morgantown with my state radio and I'm pick up new towers that aren't even named yet. Coming threw as SITE 1-2 and SITE 1-6.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:29 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstrainz View Post
This might be old news but I'm sitting in morgantown with my state radio and I'm pick up new towers that aren't even named yet. Coming threw as SITE 1-2 and SITE 1-6.
Site 2 and Site 6 are already in the database.

1 (1) 002 (2) Morgantown Monongalia 453.25000c 453.61250a 453.85000 460.02500 460.26250 460.41250

1 (1) 006 (6) Fairview Monongalia 453.12500 453.68750c 460.23750a 460.43750 460.57500

Mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 01-02-2012, 8:52 PM

If the weather starts to get fowl in Mineral County, Look for some departments to use this system. I know my department (New Creek) already did earlier and to clear up radio traffic you'll see more of this happening on Min Tac 1, 2 and so forth. We used ours on our private channel. Just an update.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I was traveling down through WV on 77 down through va and NC. I swear I still had a lock on the system almost near the VA/ NC border. Unfortunely I was so tired I couldnt see what freq I was picking up CC on.

Frank
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2012, 8:17 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

@danstrainz Are your TAC channels encrypted?

Last edited by dintimid8or; 01-05-2012 at 8:18 AM..
Old 01-05-2012, 11:23 PM

No they aren't. ours are set up pretty much like Hampshires. I'll list them below.

Zone 1

Min 911 EFR
Min CO 38 PVT
Min Tac 1
Min FG 1 DR
Min Tac 2
Min FG 2 DR
Min Tac 3
Min FG 3 DR
Min Tac 4
Min FG 4 DR
Min FG 5 DR
Min Tac Alpha
Min Tac Bravo
WV Helo 1
Min Event 1
Min All Talk

Zone 2 has Min 911 EFR then Event 1 -5, Min all Talk, Mineral Hail, Region Command, EMS, Fire, Min BOE 4 and 5, and Mineral 911 out of the regional section.

our Zone 3 is WV EMS with the Medcom channels and each hospital. Some that are listed like Hampshire memorial and some that aren't like potomac valley in keyser and grant memorial in pertersburg.

as for the Law side I'm un sure of that. we'll just have to figure that out as they pop up. I know they have several encrypted channels because they had a police chase a few weeks ago and they said use the digital encrypted. There were multiple agencies involved in it like, Mineral Sheriff Dept, WVSP and Grant Sheriff Dept

Hope this helps.

If someone wants to get ahold of me threw IM sometime and I can key up on the Tac channels and someone can get the talkgroup ID.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
No they aren't. ours are set up pretty much like Hampshires. I'll list them below.

Zone 1

Min 911 EFR
Min CO 38 PVT
Min Tac 1
Min FG 1 DR
Min Tac 2
Min FG 2 DR
Min Tac 3
Min FG 3 DR
Min Tac 4
Min FG 4 DR
Min FG 5 DR
Min Tac Alpha
Min Tac Bravo
WV Helo 1
Min Event 1
Min All Talk

Zone 2 has Min 911 EFR then Event 1 -5, Min all Talk, Mineral Hail, Region Command, EMS, Fire, Min BOE 4 and 5, and Mineral 911 out of the regional section.

our Zone 3 is WV EMS with the Medcom channels and each hospital. Some that are listed like Hampshire memorial and some that aren't like potomac valley in keyser and grant memorial in pertersburg.

as for the Law side I'm un sure of that. we'll just have to figure that out as they pop up. I know they have several encrypted channels because they had a police chase a few weeks ago and they said use the digital encrypted. There were multiple agencies involved in it like, Mineral Sheriff Dept, WVSP and Grant Sheriff Dept

Hope this helps.

If someone wants to get ahold of me threw IM sometime and I can key up on the Tac channels and someone can get the talkgroup ID.
Are the fireground channels on the WVIRP as talkgroups or simplex freqs? If simplex, do you happen to know the freq?

Instead of having someone see what TG shows up as you key up, have you tried UniTrunker? You could see your radio associate with the channels and get the TG they are on.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2012, 3:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

TG 1619, appears to be the Mineral County Sheriff, Full time ENCRYPTED as mentioned by danstrainz.

Enjoy
Wmbio
Pro-2005, 2006, 2022, 2032 Backlight repair
Sponsored links

Old 01-06-2012, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s104 View Post
Are the fireground channels on the WVIRP as talkgroups or simplex freqs? If simplex, do you happen to know the freq?

Instead of having someone see what TG shows up as you key up, have you tried UniTrunker? You could see your radio associate with the channels and get the TG they are on.

Mike,

The Fire Ground are simplex but i'm unsure of the freq's I can ask around. as for the unitrunker if you could PM me on to how to do that I'd be more than glad to.
Old 01-06-2012, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbio View Post
TG 1619, appears to be the Mineral County Sheriff, Full time ENCRYPTED as mentioned by danstrainz.

Enjoy
Wmbio

I think they will have there regular ops on unencrypted channels like Hampshire. The radio tech that gave us the class on the system said its pretty much identical to Hampshire.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
I think they will have there regular ops on unencrypted channels like Hampshire. The radio tech that gave us the class on the system said its pretty much identical to Hampshire.
I found an official WV state document on the WVIRP that stated that no normal dispatch TG will be encrypted. I remember when Ranson PD in Jefferson Co. got their radios before the Jefferson tower was working, they used them a lot. They were popping up all over the place and playing with the encryption too. Once everything was set up for everyone, they stopped. It might be the same kind if thing with Mineral Co. SO.

Old 01-07-2012, 8:31 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Romney, Ridge, Morfield tower data

Mike,

Per your request, tower data attached for these sites.

Enjoy
Wmbio
Attached Files
File Type: txt Tower0126.txt (1.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: txt Tower0127.txt (1.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: txt Tower0134.txt (1.2 KB, 45 views)
Old 01-07-2012, 8:45 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Keyser tower data

Forgot the Keyser tower data
Attached Files
File Type: txt Tower0128.txt (1.2 KB, 54 views)
Old 01-07-2012, 10:20 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbio View Post
Forgot the Keyser tower data
Thanks for all of the site 126/127/128/134 info. I've updated the DB with site neighbors on those sites as well as any missing alternate control channels.

I appreciate it!

Mike

Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2012, 10:52 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Question New to this system

I have just begun monitoring this system i live in ky just across the line from Wayne county West Virginia on this Tower Missouri Branch Site Details (West Virginia Statewide Interoperability Radio Network (SIRN))
I have all the talk groups programmed with this system i hear logan dispatch and something like ps50?
What talkgroups can i actually hear from this tower?Sorry if it's a dumb question just not sure the best way to program my GRE PSR 600...Please explain to me how this system works so i get a better understanding of what counties i can monitor etc..Thanks in advance!!
Old 01-08-2012, 12:45 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjude View Post
I have just begun monitoring this system i live in ky just across the line from Wayne county West Virginia on this Tower Missouri Branch Site Details (West Virginia Statewide Interoperability Radio Network (SIRN))
I have all the talk groups programmed with this system i hear logan dispatch and something like ps50?
What talkgroups can i actually hear from this tower?Sorry if it's a dumb question just not sure the best way to program my GRE PSR 600...Please explain to me how this system works so i get a better understanding of what counties i can monitor etc..Thanks in advance!!
If you can only monitor a single WVIRP site, you can expect to only hear traffic from radios associated directly with that site. If there is a WVSP unit in that area using a particular talkgroup, then you'll hear all of that talkgroup's traffic for as long as there is a user connected to that tower who is on that talkgroup. You may sporadically hear other traffic from outside the county, but don't count on regularly hearing other agencies outside of Wayne Co on that tower alone.

It appears that Wayne Co So is on the system, so you will probably hear them pretty regularly -- as long as one of the units is associated with that particular tower. If all of hte SO units are associated with towers on the other side of the county, you wouldn't hear that traffic.

Somebody local would have to speculate what "ps50" is -- but 50 is the county designator for Wayne Co, so "ps50" is likely some agency specifically within Wayne Co.

Mike

Old 01-08-2012, 1:04 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Wv sirn

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjude View Post
Hey Tim

Nice to meet you in the WV Forum. Mike has already previously explained how the system works so all I can add is what you would have a shot of hearing on the site: The Wayne Co. talkgroups, the WVSP Huntington Detachment, possibly the WVSP Logan Detachment, maybe Huntington PD and Cabell Co. talkgroups (slim chance but likely if they are near that site), WV Dept of Homeland Security, I-FLOWS, WV State Fire Marshall, and even the DNR if they are near that tower site as Mike has already mentioned.

73s and hope we have helped you some

Chad
Old 01-08-2012, 5:49 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks fella's I better understand now how the system works..
Old 01-09-2012, 5:39 PM

Just caught a new talkgroup 5931 as I walked into my bedroom,dunno who it is,but hope to hear more.
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
Closed Thread