RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum

West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of West Virginia.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 9:22 AM

And now another new one TG 9592...
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
Sponsored links
Old 05-06-2012, 7:26 AM

Default May 3rd Trooper shot in Elkins

Anybody hear any traffic on the IRP or conventional freqs on this event?
Old 05-06-2012, 8:51 AM

Seeing new TGs pop up from time to time is something I've noticed for years. If you all really want to track down and figure out who/what they are, you should run UniTrunker. I run it 24x7 and there are a lot of unidentified TG all the time.

Another thing would be to include the RIDs with the unidentified TG. Maybe someone else will see or know what their "normal" TG is.
Old 05-06-2012, 4:39 PM

I just happened to hear about this on the local news 5 and 12. What a mess, I hope the trooper is OK.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I see where for some reason TG 8021 was deleted from the database.... for some odd reason it is active nearly every weekday in ohio county.... it used to be listed as berkeley county sheriff detectives and when i went to update my radios yesterday i noticed it has since been deleted.... although it iwas listed as a full time encrypted channel, I have heard a handful of transmissions in the clear- one of which i remember was a user calling out at the ERJ to speak with an inmate.... (additionally, all clear traffic i have heard confirms that the TG is indeed from berkeley county). I have no idea why it would be active almost every day in wheeling when it has nothing to do with ohio county..... or why it was completely deleted from the database.

a while back, i also heard off the ohio county system 100% encrypted traffic on 8001, 8003, 8005, and 8007 which are TG's that were never listed in the DB.
Sponsored links
Old 05-17-2012, 10:46 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

If you have talkgroups that are not in the DB, please submit them and they will be added. Make sure you note they are active.

Forum Rules and Guidelines
Old 05-18-2012, 12:03 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylan View Post
a while back, i also heard off the ohio county system 100% encrypted traffic on 8001, 8003, 8005, and 8007 which are TG's that were never listed in the DB.
The reason why 8001, 8003, 8005 and 8007 wre never added in the DB is because nobody knows their use. Since, as you said, it is 100% encrypted traffic, nobody [except an insider] would know the agency who is using it / its intended use. So those ones can't be added to the DB.

Mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.

Last edited by mtindor; 05-18-2012 at 12:06 AM..
Old 05-18-2012, 11:22 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

i have also been informed that the 8xxx series tgs on this system are federal agencies which may explain why 8021 hits the wheeling tower...
Old 05-18-2012, 12:00 PM

Personal opinion...

If anything, they should not be in the DB for security reasons on the part of the users. They should also not be included in any streaming feeds..
Sponsored links
Old 05-18-2012, 12:18 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s104 View Post
Personal opinion...

If anything, they should not be in the DB for security reasons on the part of the users. They should also not be included in any streaming feeds..
No security concerns as far as i can see.

1. Fed agencies on WVIRP have encryption capabilities [and obviously make use of those capabilities].

If we knew the agency using them, there'd be no reason not to list them. No fear of them going encrypted because they already are encrypted.

2. Encrypted channels, TAC channels, and various other items are already addressed in the RR Feed TOS. You can't have em. If somebody puts them in, and somebody is aware that they are in there, then someone needs to report it.

So it's really a nonissue in my opinion. The RR policy is to list everything. There are some admins who for various [good] reasons will not list particular talkgroups, but I'm not one of them. Everything I get, I list. If it's of a private nature, they can encrypt. I have only one exception to that rule.

Mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 05-18-2012, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
No security concerns as far as i can see.

1. Fed agencies on WVIRP have encryption capabilities [and obviously make use of those capabilities].

If we knew the agency using them, there'd be no reason not to list them. No fear of them going encrypted because they already are encrypted.

2. Encrypted channels, TAC channels, and various other items are already addressed in the RR Feed TOS. You can't have em. If somebody puts them in, and somebody is aware that they are in there, then someone needs to report it.

So it's really a nonissue in my opinion. The RR policy is to list everything. There are some admins who for various [good] reasons will not list particular talkgroups, but I'm not one of them. Everything I get, I list. If it's of a private nature, they can encrypt. I have only one exception to that rule.

Mike
And there is the answer to why myself and some others don't submit some info.
Old 05-19-2012, 1:01 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Mannington (Marion) site may be online

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
Mannington (MARION)
An FCC Construction Notification was issued on 4/30 indicating that the site was built out 4/24/2012.

If there is anyone within range of Mannington, please check for an active control channel on one of the above frequencies. This site may very well be online.

If you do find it to be online, please submit any/all information that you can including Site ID, current control channel, alternate control channels, site neighbors.

Thanks

Mike

Old 05-19-2012, 1:23 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I also see an FCC application by Harrison Co Emergency Services to add one or two freqs to what they say is the Blueville/Grafton WVSIRN site. They say that Taylor Co SO is on VHF and is experiencing failure of their infrastructure and mobile units, so Harrison-Taylor 911 wants to move them to IRP - which would apparently require more capacity on the Taylor site.

The app was returned because it was file wrong [and filed by the wrong entity I suppose].

Anyway, just a heads up if you're in Taylor Co that you may soon be hearing Taylor SO on WVSIRN.

That also leads me to wonder if the Blueville/Grafton site is up -- it would likely have an active control channel on 460.500.

Mike

Old 05-21-2012, 9:15 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylan View Post
I see where for some reason TG 8021 was deleted from the database.... for some odd reason it is active nearly every weekday in ohio county....
Yep. Just heard a unit calling Martinsburg [in the clear obviously] on 8021.

Mike

Old 05-23-2012, 6:37 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I noticed that TG 3707 was listed in the database as being Barbour County Law Enforcement. If memory serves me correctly, I believe that TG 3707 is indeed the Upshur County Sheriffs Department, not Barbour County. I will have to get my Pro 106 out of the vechicle and check, anyone else know which one this is?
Sponsored links
Old 05-28-2012, 2:24 PM
WV DB Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Question What's going on?

I'm hearing EOC and DHSEM 1 talking about something in Nicholas Co. Anybody know what's happening?
Old 05-28-2012, 5:05 PM

Jess I haven't had my scanner on all day,so I don't have a clue to whatever went on in Nicholas county,I wish I had it on then
Old 05-28-2012, 6:41 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenValleyFire13 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a Map of where the WV Interoperability System Towers are located?
sirn.wv.gov is there official website
Old 05-28-2012, 6:52 PM

Matt,there is NO map at that site.
Closed Thread