RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum

West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of West Virginia.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #2901 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Camden On Gauley WV
Posts: 474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
Cottle Knob
- ULS Application - 0005524844 - WEST VIRGINIA STATE INTEROPERABILITY RADIO NETWORK (WVSIRN) (COTTLE KNOB)

Spencer
- ULS Application - 0005524842 - WEST VIRGINIA STATE INTEROPERABILITY RADIO NETWORK (WVSIRN)(SPENCER)

Beckley
- ULS Application - 0005524843 - WEST VIRGINIA STATE INTEROPERABILITY RADIO NETWORK (WVSIRN) (BECKLEY)'

So it looks like they are getting one step closer in those areas. Still waiting for pending FCC apps to be granted for additional frequencies to one or more of the sites.

Mike
That is some very valuable info. Those sites should be operational at any time.

73s

Chad
__________________
Pro 106, Pro 197, GRE PSR-500 X2, GRE PSR-600, GRE PSR-300, Uniden BCT7, Uniden BC60XLT. Many Icom and Kenwood amateur radios. 73s and God Bless
Sponsored links
  #2902 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2012, 11:00 AM
kc8iqz's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: 25427
Posts: 13
Default Pro-97 use?

I just got a used Pro-97 for $25 and was going to use it for a project that was since abandoned. I live in Hedgesville, WV and know that all around me is using digital P25. But will this trunked radio be of any use on the trunked system? I everything on the network digital or are there still some analog to make the Pro-97 worthwhile?

Thanks,

KC8IQZ Gary
  #2903 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2012, 11:03 AM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,369
Default

Check the WV database for your county...you will be only good for analog for your area.
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
  #2904 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2012, 11:05 AM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab8sn View Post
That is some very valuable info. Those sites should be operational at any time.

73s

Chad
I agree Chad and taking a look at that Beckley one I could probably pick that one up when it goes active...
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
  #2905 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:21 PM
mike_s104's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Berkeley Co. WV/ Loudoun Co. VA
Posts: 4,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8iqz View Post
I just got a used Pro-97 for $25 and was going to use it for a project that was since abandoned. I live in Hedgesville, WV and know that all around me is using digital P25. But will this trunked radio be of any use on the trunked system? I everything on the network digital or are there still some analog to make the Pro-97 worthwhile?

Thanks,

KC8IQZ Gary
Nope. The only thing it will be good for is WVSP lowband and BCI3, Pikeside air, WVU MEDCOM on 155.34 and maybe Hollywood Races and Slots trunk system.
Sponsored links
  #2906 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2012, 11:14 PM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,369
Default

I'll probably get writer's cramp for this but here goes lol All these talkgroups I've caught(in order) are not in the database as I was updating my Win500 file to change those I found in the database just a bit ago:

6575,5241,5212,5297,5235,5233,9910,5997,9029,9594, 9592,9595,5931,6929,9996,5627,6569,2917,5223,5295, 9857,5911 .

A lot of these were caught on bridge day,some where when I was lucky to be laying down and the wildcard popped up(like today for 5911). You will notice a lot of 52xx(for Fayette County). The only unfortunate thing for me is that a majority of those happened while my hearing went kaput on me(I am still waiting for a letter to finally get the ball rolling). I hope when things settle down I will catch a lot of these again and maybe I'll get back what I have been missing. I think I will stop since my fingers are starting to cramp on me :P
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
  #2907 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2012, 6:53 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Camden On Gauley WV
Posts: 474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDeadOne View Post
I'll probably get writer's cramp for this but here goes lol All these talkgroups I've caught(in order) are not in the database as I was updating my Win500 file to change those I found in the database just a bit ago:

6575,5241,5212,5297,5235,5233,9910,5997,9029,9594, 9592,9595,5931,6929,9996,5627,6569,2917,5223,5295, 9857,5911 .

A lot of these were caught on bridge day,some where when I was lucky to be laying down and the wildcard popped up(like today for 5911). You will notice a lot of 52xx(for Fayette County). The only unfortunate thing for me is that a majority of those happened while my hearing went kaput on me(I am still waiting for a letter to finally get the ball rolling). I hope when things settle down I will catch a lot of these again and maybe I'll get back what I have been missing. I think I will stop since my fingers are starting to cramp on me :P
I recognize two of those 6929 (Pretty sure Braxton Co 911 but waiting to confirm) and 6569 (Another Nich Co School Bus TG but I don't know what it's called)

73s

Chad
__________________
Pro 106, Pro 197, GRE PSR-500 X2, GRE PSR-600, GRE PSR-300, Uniden BCT7, Uniden BC60XLT. Many Icom and Kenwood amateur radios. 73s and God Bless
  #2908 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2012, 7:38 AM
mike_s104's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Berkeley Co. WV/ Loudoun Co. VA
Posts: 4,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDeadOne View Post
I'll probably get writer's cramp for this but here goes lol All these talkgroups I've caught(in order) are not in the database as I was updating my Win500 file to change those I found in the database just a bit ago:

6575,5241,5212,5297,5235,5233,9910,5997,9029,9594, 9592,9595,5931,6929,9996,5627,6569,2917,5223,5295, 9857,5911 .

A lot of these were caught on bridge day,some where when I was lucky to be laying down and the wildcard popped up(like today for 5911). You will notice a lot of 52xx(for Fayette County). The only unfortunate thing for me is that a majority of those happened while my hearing went kaput on me(I am still waiting for a letter to finally get the ball rolling). I hope when things settle down I will catch a lot of these again and maybe I'll get back what I have been missing. I think I will stop since my fingers are starting to cramp on me :P
Not sure if it's the same thing or not, but during the Martinsburg Air Shows you'll see TGs from all over the state pop up. At least for the Air Shows, I am guessing they are from people traveling with their WVIRP radios and associating with the tower here.
  #2909 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2012, 7:11 PM
Member
   
Join Date: May 2012
Location: great ol' Virginy
Posts: 45
Default

While not related directly to the TGIDs or sites, can anyone tell me what kind of equipment they are installing in the Trooper cars, and antenna systems they are using?? I remember when they were all on low band back in the early 80s when I grew up in WV. Thanks
Sponsored links
  #2910 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2012, 3:56 PM
kc8iqz's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: 25427
Posts: 13
Default pro-97 usage

Thanks to those who answered my question about the -97. I appreciate it. Maybe someday I will pony up the $$$ for a digital unit.

KC8IQZ Gary
  #2911 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2012, 6:17 PM
wvscanner's Avatar
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Beckley, WV
Posts: 611
Default

Glen Jean site seems to changed its Site ID from 2-037 to 2-036 today. Neighbor site to this is 2-026 Alderson, 2-29 Kopperston, 2-030 Pax and 2-033 Ansted.

The other site that reports 2-036 is 2-033 Ansted, 2-029 Kopperston, 2-036 Alderson, and 2-030 Pax and all these site do not show the 2-037 on them.
__________________
BC396T | BC396XT | PRO-197 | AOR8200 (tap)
  #2912 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2012, 7:41 PM
mtindor's Avatar
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jefferson County, Ohio
Posts: 4,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvscanner View Post
Glen Jean site seems to changed its Site ID from 2-037 to 2-036 today. Neighbor site to this is 2-026 Alderson, 2-29 Kopperston, 2-030 Pax and 2-033 Ansted.

The other site that reports 2-036 is 2-033 Ansted, 2-029 Kopperston, 2-036 Alderson, and 2-030 Pax and all these site do not show the 2-037 on them.
Thank you, Jeff. I updated Glen Jean to be 2-036 (let's just hope this really is Glen Jean rofl to begin with rofl).

I know you're busy -- but if you get a chance sometime in the future, could you please monitor Ansted and attempt to get the full site neighbor list for Ansted? The site neighbors we have for Ansted (as listed in the site information for Ansted) I believe are wrong. Actually they might not be wrong, but I would like to be sure.

Thanks!

Mike
__________________
Mike / AA8IA
PSR800/PRO197/BCD436HP/BCD536HP

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.

Last edited by mtindor; 12-07-2012 at 7:46 PM..
  #2913 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2012, 9:02 PM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,369
Default

I've tried to use Pro96com with my Pro 106 but I keep getting access violation errors and it's probably because I'm using Windows 7 64-bit edition since I wanted to try my hand at decoding the Ansted stuff...
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
  #2914 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2012, 9:19 PM
mtindor's Avatar
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jefferson County, Ohio
Posts: 4,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDeadOne View Post
I've tried to use Pro96com with my Pro 106 but I keep getting access violation errors and it's probably because I'm using Windows 7 64-bit edition since I wanted to try my hand at decoding the Ansted stuff...
Bert - are you able to use the USB cable to do other things, such as programming the scanner?

If so, then if you're getting access violations when trying to run Pro96Com, go into the folder where Pro96Com.exe is, right-click on Pro96Com.exe and select Run As Administrator and see if it fires up.

Mike
__________________
Mike / AA8IA
PSR800/PRO197/BCD436HP/BCD536HP

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
  #2915 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2012, 10:08 PM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,369
Default

Got access error on hitting decode configuration(hit ok then configuration screen shows up) another access error on doing the com port setup and another path error. I'm using my usb GRE usb cable which I always use with Win500. I can provide screen shots if necessary.
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....

Last edited by OldDeadOne; 12-07-2012 at 10:33 PM..
Sponsored links
        
  #2916 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2012, 10:53 PM
wvscanner's Avatar
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Beckley, WV
Posts: 611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
Thank you, Jeff. I updated Glen Jean to be 2-036 (let's just hope this really is Glen Jean rofl to begin with rofl).

I know you're busy -- but if you get a chance sometime in the future, could you please monitor Ansted and attempt to get the full site neighbor list for Ansted? The site neighbors we have for Ansted (as listed in the site information for Ansted) I believe are wrong. Actually they might not be wrong, but I would like to be sure.

Thanks!

Mike
Mike,
I will if it isn't done by Monday. Today heard tg5929 Fayette 911 someone used their radio all the way down to Wyoming County on Rt 54 today. Also see a few people talking in Raleigh County tg 5187 all on the Pax tower.

Does anyone know since this tower ID changed can they program all the current radio OTA or they have to bring them into the shop for the new site.
__________________
BC396T | BC396XT | PRO-197 | AOR8200 (tap)
  #2917 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:37 PM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,369
Default

Dang Jeff I don't know how I missed 5929 or 5187 what time did you hear these? Wait a minute,I thought 5929 was Mason county 911??? I've had that listed before???
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....

Last edited by OldDeadOne; 12-07-2012 at 11:53 PM..
  #2918 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2012, 7:36 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Camden On Gauley WV
Posts: 474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDeadOne View Post
Dang Jeff I don't know how I missed 5929 or 5187 what time did you hear these? Wait a minute,I thought 5929 was Mason county 911??? I've had that listed before???
5929 is Fayette Co's Statewide 911 TG. I've heard them on it once about 6 months ago doing some testing. I think I've heard Mason Co once but didn't catch the TG. Maybe Fayette will start using the SIRN more in the near future

73s

Chad
__________________
Pro 106, Pro 197, GRE PSR-500 X2, GRE PSR-600, GRE PSR-300, Uniden BCT7, Uniden BC60XLT. Many Icom and Kenwood amateur radios. 73s and God Bless
  #2919 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2012, 8:30 AM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,369
Default

Thanks Chad,changed in Win500 to Fayette Co 911.. I have 14 hits on it when I checked the hit count in the scanner...
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
  #2920 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2012, 8:58 AM
wvscanner's Avatar
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Beckley, WV
Posts: 611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
Thank you, Jeff. I updated Glen Jean to be 2-036 (let's just hope this really is Glen Jean rofl to begin with rofl).

I know you're busy -- but if you get a chance sometime in the future, could you please monitor Ansted and attempt to get the full site neighbor list for Ansted? The site neighbors we have for Ansted (as listed in the site information for Ansted) I believe are wrong. Actually they might not be wrong, but I would like to be sure.

Thanks!

Mike
Ansted 2-033 neighbors shows
1-014 Elmira
2-001 Malden
2-026 Alderson
2-029 Kopperston
2-030 Pax
2-036 Glen Jean
__________________
BC396T | BC396XT | PRO-197 | AOR8200 (tap)
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions