Not open for further replies.

badge204

Premium Subscriber
hex 170

368 home system

talk group number 4109

freq range 450.00000 thru 475.59375 with 6.25 kz spacing

Started full system with cabell county 911 with 3 towers main in rotary park

This all the info I could obtain and I am hoping this will help radioreference to upgrade their database
for downloading to our radios.

badge204

Premium Subscriber
cabell co towers

Location..................Rotary Park where current usable tower. backups barker ridge and a 3rd location that is new and I am not sure of location right now.

You were right for the old systems many years ago..

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
The old Huntington Police repeaters (155.25 MHz and 155.52 MHz) had their antennas mounted on a telephone pole in Rotary Park, overlooking St. Mary's Hospital and 29th Street. Great for the east end, Beverly Hills and Altizer, but not so great for Westmoreland. At one time, west end patrol officers had walkie-talkies with the collapsible metal antennas to improve range and access into the repeaters.

Huntington Public Works had a base on 45.60 MHz at the same location. This was used to communicate with street department vehicles, garbage trucks, etc. It worked fine since there were no portable radios involved.

Huntington Fire Department had the deluxe system, with their repeater at Rotary Park and satellite voting receivers located on one of the downtown hotels (The Pritchard or the Frederick -- not sure) and another at West Road. They also had a hot standby backup repeater at the Fire Alarm Office on 8th Avenue. This was in addition to the Gamewell system that was hard-wired into every fire station.

When HPD went UHF, I believe they used a system licensed to and owned by F&L Electronics and located on a much taller tower at Rotary Park. I'm not sure if any auxiliary receivers were used but I don't believe they had any other transmit locations.

Rick, W8UU

Status
Not open for further replies.