West Virginia (SIRN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doogis

Premium Subscriber
Hello: I'm new to Radio Reference but figured out how to program my PSR-600 with it. What's up
with the West Virginia Statewide Interoperability Radio Network (SIRN)? I lost everything. It was
working fine until about a week ago. Now nothing.

I tried to re-program the bank I use for it and still nothing. Is there something I am missing? Or
something that was changed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Doug N8UVS

doogis

Premium Subscriber
Reband WV SIRN

Thanks for the reply. I tried downloading to the scanner and nothing. Maybe it will just take a while for Radio Reference to catch up. Like I said I pretty new to this. I programmed the whole PSR-600 from Radio Reference and everything else is working great.
I'll await a time of patients and see what happens.

Thank You Very Much, Doug N8UVS

mule1075

Feed Provider
What site though is it the ohio county simulcast site.Also have you changed antennas or set the ATT on or off by accident? The reason I ask is just trying to narrow down a few things so I can try and help you out.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Double check that your scan list is on and the talk groups are assigned to the correct scan list.

doogis

Premium Subscriber
My friends scanner is a clone of mine. He lost the WV (SIRN) also. I'm from Ohio County
(Wheeling), WV. They had to have changed something as it all went out, I mean the whole bank.
Yes it is the Ohio County Simulcast, haven't changed anything. I noticed I didn't hear the sheriff and
locked out all the bands except 3 which is the SIRN and it is silent. I also downloaded it all again and loaded it in the scanner from Radio Reference and still silent.
I don't understand as it worked great in the past. I'm in and out all day. I'll check back later.
Thanks, Doug N8UVS

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
My friends scanner is a clone of mine. He lost the WV (SIRN) also. I'm from Ohio County
(Wheeling), WV. They had to have changed something as it all went out, I mean the whole bank.
Yes it is the Ohio County Simulcast, haven't changed anything. I noticed I didn't hear the sheriff and
locked out all the bands except 3 which is the SIRN and it is silent. I also downloaded it all again and loaded it in the scanner from Radio Reference and still silent.
I don't understand as it worked great in the past. I'm in and out all day. I'll check back later.
Thanks, Doug N8UVS

I'm using a PSR-500 and a PRO-197 and a PSR-800, and I've had Ohio Co programmed into them for ages. I'm listening to the Ohio Co Simulcast of WVSIRN right now. The active control channel is the same as it has been for a long long time -- 453.3375.

Mike

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Maybe I missed it, but do you have a signal from the control channel?

doogis

Premium Subscriber
WV (SIRN)

I just noticed when I download from the site that the trunking table is blank. I'll have to figure how to
manually do that. The frequencies are there though.

Thanks, Doug N8UVS

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I just noticed when I download from the site that the trunking table is blank. I'll have to figure how to
manually do that. The frequencies are there though.

Thanks, Doug N8UVS

You should set the system up as P25 Auto. Then you dont' have to worry about it. You can do that by going into the TSYS and setting Type: P25 AUTO

And, of course, make sure you've got all of the possible control channels (3 currently) listed in the Frequencies section of the TSYS

Mike

doogis

Premium Subscriber
WV (SIRN)

I wish there was a way to upload my p500 file for someone to look at. All the other banks work fine.
This one did till a couple weeks ago. I'm getting a headache.

Thanks, Doug N8UVS

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I wish there was a way to upload my p500 file for someone to look at. All the other banks work fine.

Thanks, Doug N8UVS

You can email the p500 to me if you wish. I'll send you a private message with my email information, should you be inclined to send it.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

Thanks, Doug N8UVS

Doug,

I replied to your email with information regarding why I believe you may be having a problem. Please check your email inbox/spam folder for my reply. I replied Thursday evening.

Mike

doogis

Premium Subscriber
WV (SIRN)

Thanks everyone for your help. It is greatly appreciated. Found the problem. Antenna. Everything works
fine now. Just been using the antenna that came with the scanner. I thought it would be good enough as I am in Warwood . Well within the circle.
This is a great site and I will renew when my subscription expires. Everyone is very helpful.

Thanks, Doug N8UVS

Status
Not open for further replies.