Best Tracking Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
What is the best or most used tracking program ? Which gives the most information ?

What are you wanting to track? Trunked system activity?

Unitrunker ( Unitrunker )
Pro96Com ( Pro96Com - Control channel decoder for P25 Trunked Radio Systems )
Trunk88 ( Index of /~phoenix/wap/TRUNK88 )

Unitrunker and Trunk88 are good for Motorola Type II systems. Pro96Com and Unitrunker are good for P25 systems. Unitrunker handles multiple types of trunking systems, whereas Trunk88 handles one (Moto Type II) and Pro96Com handles one (P25).

My personal thoughts are that if you want to monitor SIRN, Pro96Com is the easiest/best, but it requires that you have a supported scanner that can send the data over the serial / usb cable. Unitrunker and Trunk88 work with PC/IF data from the scanner via cable as well as discriminator taps.

I always use Pro96Com to monitor SIRN. I use Unitrunker to monitor everything else.

As far as actually trunk tracking (by using multiple receivers with the program), Unitrunker supports that; Pro96Com does not. Trunk88 may.

Mike

Mike

hmoutdoors

Yes the SIRN system I have used unitrunker . I have access to about 5 towers and more on cloudy day
Thanks I will give them a try.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes the SIRN system I have used unitrunker . I have access to about 5 towers and more on cloudy day
Thanks I will give them a try.

If you have a scanner that will send data over USB cable, I think you'll really dig Pro96Com for monitoring SIRN. I hate to say that, because Unitrunker is really a brilliant program that is quite versatile. I just think the look / feel / layout / over function of Pro96Com is better. Just my 2 cents. You might not like it at all.

Mike

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Pro96com

Mike turned me on to this program and I have sniffed quite a few towers out with it. Best thing I enjoy is hunting towers. Steve, I think you will like it.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I wish one of those programs when you find a new talkgroup it provides a description of what it is(like for example 5201 Fayette County Sheriff) instead of listening in and trying to find out what the hell it is..

Status
Not open for further replies.