RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum

West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of West Virginia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 3:06 PM

Default Pro 197

I'm using the Search PubSafety for 911 in Mason County. My problem is Ripley School buses comes on the same channel as 911-460.0625. They use the same tower,too. If I lock out the school bus channel, wll my Mason County 911 be locked out also.

Curtis
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2014, 4:38 PM
WV DB Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You are picking up the WV SIRN tower Point Pleasant North
You are picking up Talk Groups. You need to program your Pro-197 with this: West Virginia Statewide Interoperability Radio Network (SIRN) . Depending on what tower is closest to you. Then look under Mason or Jackson County to get the TG's you need. If you need any help just ask.

Last edited by Bubba1661; 03-05-2014 at 4:57 PM..
Old 03-05-2014, 6:04 PM

I have no idea on how to program the Pro197, that's why I'm using Search mode. The bus and 911 has the same number 460.0625. All I want to know is if I lock-out the bus, will it lock-out 911. I want to get rid of the busses.

Curtis
Old 03-05-2014, 6:25 PM
WV DB Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Pro-197

Quote:
Originally Posted by co_riff View Post
I have no idea on how to program the Pro197, that's why I'm using Search mode. The bus and 911 has the same number 460.0625. All I want to know is if I lock-out the bus, will it lock-out 911. I want to get rid of the busses.

Curtis
If you have 460.0625 locked on then yes it will lock out 911. Ok, Do you have the programming cable?, and access to a computer? If so what software if any do you use?
Old 03-05-2014, 7:37 PM

No cable. Windows 8.

Curtis
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2014, 7:44 PM
WV DB Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Pro-197

Quote:
Originally Posted by co_riff View Post
No cable. Windows 8.

Curtis
You would need to buy your programming cable and some software first, I could steer you in the right direction and if you are a premium subscriber here on RR it would be a lot simpler.
Old 03-06-2014, 7:04 AM

Thanks Bubba, but I'm not a computer person. I guess I'll leave it alone for now and listen to Ripley
bus. I was afraid if I would lock-out the bus, 911 would be, too

Curtis
Old 03-07-2014, 11:05 AM

The easiest way to program your Pro 197 is become a RR premium member, purchase a programming cable and WIN500 software. It turns programming into a few simple clicks of the mouse.

Or forget the membership, buy the radio shack programming cable and use the trial (free) version of WIN500. That requires typing in some data but still overall not hard. Don't sell yourself short, you can do it.
Old 03-08-2014, 4:31 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

It is possible to program the scanner without a computer and cable, especially if you are keeping the scanner at home and only need to hear what's coming from the nearest SIRN tower. You would be entering as few as two control channel frequencies. You could further simplify the process by entering a "wildcard" to hear everybody in the area using SIRN (state police, DNR, sheriff, EMS, etc) but exclude non-SIRN users such as school buses. There are some other steps to tell the scanner what type of system you are programming, etc, and which scan list you'll use to listen. If you know somebody who is fairly technical (maybe does some computer programming, for example), you could ask them if they could follow the steps in the manual.
Sponsored links