West Virginina SIRN

Status
Not open for further replies.

anelson5004

I live approximately 45 minutes away from Princeton, WV in SW Virginia. I am having trouble getting the Talk group "T" to constantly flash on my RadioShack PRO 197 digital scanner (Global and expert settings are default) for the WV SIRN system. I have tried using both the Global Attenuation, as well as normal attenuation. I have all talk groups, as well as a wildcard talk group programmed for the WV SIRN. It is constantly checking (flashing) for activity on the VA STARS radio system. These two systems are programmed in different Scan list. I have an outdoor antenna that is connected to my scanner pointing towards west Virginia. When west Virginia transmits, it is a clear signal. Any help that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
anelson5004

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I live approximately 45 minutes away from Princeton, WV in SW Virginia. I am having trouble getting the Talk group "T" to constantly flash on my RadioShack PRO 197 digital scanner (Global and expert settings are default) for the WV SIRN system. I have tried using both the Global Attenuation, as well as normal attenuation. I have all talk groups, as well as a wildcard talk group programmed for the WV SIRN. It is constantly checking (flashing) for activity on the VA STARS radio system. These two systems are programmed in different Scan list. I have an outdoor antenna that is connected to my scanner pointing towards west Virginia. When west Virginia transmits, it is a clear signal. Any help that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
anelson5004

Have You tried to run tune and get a higher % Control Channel? See if there is one stronger than the one You have in your radio. If You find one stronger then see what site it is and put it in your radio. Try that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.