Question IBE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Could any person explain to me what is IBE ? . Also, who would use IBE ? I do not know much about this stuff.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I heard on my scanner someone say switch to IBE. I do not know anything about this or what he was talking about. All I know is I heard nothing anymore after he said it.. Was he pulling someone's leg or perhaps the people that listen to the scanner. I do not know. Now, to answer the rest of your question it was on 159.090 Wyoming County WV. I ask you guys because you all know about this stuff. I am new to this. I hope you guy's can help me . Were we getting our leg pulled and it had been a private joke? Beats me. I was thinking of not asking for fear of being laughed at for not knowing. I have been taught that the only stupid question is the one that is never asked. Thank you guy's for responding to my question. I truly hope we can find the answer if there is an answer.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
IF It was law enforcement that is probably something local to them on the conventional channel....look at wyoming's listing in the wv database to see what it is.

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I heard on my scanner someone say switch to IBE. I do not know anything about this or what he was talking about. All I know is I heard nothing anymore after he said it.. Was he pulling someone's leg or perhaps the people that listen to the scanner. I do not know. Now, to answer the rest of your question it was on 159.090 Wyoming County WV. I ask you guys because you all know about this stuff. I am new to this. I hope you guy's can help me . Were we getting our leg pulled and it had been a private joke? Beats me. I was thinking of not asking for fear of being laughed at for not knowing. I have been taught that the only stupid question is the one that is never asked. Thank you guy's for responding to my question. I truly hope we can find the answer if there is an answer.

You sure he didn't say IRP?

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Bubba, It is Possible and you could be correct. Do you have any information on IRP?

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Bubba and other's for your help. I will look it up now. Thank you all for being so polite. Sorry if I spoke wrong on the information I had given. Thank you for the correction.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I had forgot to answer another question about my local listening. I listen to Mingo, Logan, Wyoming, and on occasion Raleigh County. I have an ST 2 Scantenna and on occasion I turn on a scanner preamp from Ramsey Electronics. It already has the BNC connectors on the preamp. I only use this for the distant station's. You can go to a lower voltage for less gain if you need a little boost for locals. Once again Thank you all for educating me in this ever changing scanning hobby. In my day all we had were crystals. So I guess you know that I am an old man. I am old school but learning. Oh well, I did not mean to go on. Every one I pray you all HAVE A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING.. YEA.

copperhd

Premium Subscriber
Private

While we're at it, I have heard Kenova Pd say "go to private" quite a few times lately followed by silence. I have tried searching for their Private channel, but haven't found it yet. Anyone have any idea what it may be? I have already searched the database & put in everything related to Kenova in with no result. I know they go there for detailed info not for everyone, but I'd like to hear a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.