TRX-1: Case is difficult to remove or put on

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The rubber case is nice but difficult to remove or put back on! Any tips appreciated!

Neil Bell, KJ6FBA
Try some Lube? No, seriously lol. Just a tiny bit of silicone inside the condom, um Case sides. Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D 73, n9zas

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Yes, remove the colored insert (it just clips in on the sides) and then remove the rubber case starting with one corner. I find it easiest to remove starting from the bottom corner first.

It does become more plyable over time.

trp2525

I simply took the case off and tossed it in the electronics junk box... don't need it.

If you definitely have no need for the TRX-1case, you could probably make a quick $20+ seeing that a new one from Whistler is $29.95 plus shipping. It would probably sell quickly seeing that it fits the Whistler WS1080, WS1088 and TRX-1 as well as the GRE PSR-800 and Radio Shack PRO-668.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I haven't had to take the case off, and, admittedly, it was a little work to get it on, (I compared it to putting an Otter Box on my iPhone). However, I will say it protects the scanner very well and gives it some added stability, in my opinion. (I do hope that Whistler will make a screen protector available, SOON, as I previously mentioned in another post.)

Nasby

My I-Phone case is a total pain to remove too.

But I dropped it on my concrete driveway and it survived without a scrape.

gwbaker

My technique (and a $5 will get u some starbucks).

Remove the clip, start at the bottom two corners by spreading and pushing. Then use the thumb from the back through the clip hole.

Oh, and I just read this back to myself... KEEP THE JOKES TO YOURSELF!!

neilbell

Not only is the thumb hole a big help in removing / installing the case, it encourages keeping the case on. I find the case makes sitting the scanner upright on my desk much more steady that without the case. Plus it provides a better "grip" on the scanner - less likely to drop it. and it fits into my cup-holders on my car very nicely. Bottom line = if you don't like it then toss it. If you do like it - use it.

Neil Bell, KJ6FBA

Status
Not open for further replies.