UPDATE - 9/23/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Update today!

Please update your scanner through the PC App as usual.

Contents are in the release notes.

Have a great weekend and HAPPY SCANNING!

-Whistler Wendy

The "View Release Notes" button is only visible if you select the individual updates under the "Updates" menu pull down. If you select "Check for All Updates", the "View Release Notes" button will not appear.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
I don't understand why Wendy doesn't just post the release notes herself...

Version 2.14 - September 23, 2016
Corrected issue where the row numbers were not appearing after recent Windows updates on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
Updated UK Band plan to extend VHF frequency range to 178MHZ and UHF frequency range to 512MHz.
Removed "Copy only changed files" option from the V-Scanner folder select screen. Use of this option could cause fragmentation of the SD card and files that were not in sync with each other. This could result in unexpected behavior and slow response in the scanner. For best speed, it is recommended that a SD card reader be used to read or write data to the scanner's SD card.
Fixed issue when setting DAC Gain and ADC Gain in the PC Application not matching the scanner values. (Note: CPU Firmware update may be required to completely resolve this issue)
Removed "Speaker & Headphone" option from IF Out pull-down
Fixed issue when editing a conventional object where setting that object to DMR mode was not being set properly.
Added option to set the maximum number of channels to be checked during a priority check cycle.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Applied the update to one of my scanners (1095) and it seems to not be passing all of the audio. I noticed the display stopping on some conventional channels and the S meter was showing full bars but I wasn't hearing anything. Grabbed a handheld and put it next to it - the handheld was hearing the traffic while the 1095 was only showing the info on the display (yes the volume is up). Not sure why. I've cycled the power to see if anything changes.

Update seemed to apply fine, aside from the "not responding" junk that the update throws (but that seems somewhat normal on firmware updates, unfortunately).

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Might try droppin the squelch a bit...

Any lower and it "hangs" on noise/static.

It opened for a transmission earlier and then mid sentence the WS1095 dropped out (but the display stayed as it should) while the handheld continued to hear the rest of the transmission. It wasn't doing this before.

I'm not going to update my mobile WS1098 at this point, not yet.

Ed6698

I have not noticed anything wrong so far with conventional reception with my 1080 or 1095 after this latest update. I will keep a eye/ear out for anything unusual.

mrkelso

It opened for a transmission earlier and then mid sentence the WS1095 dropped out (but the display stayed as it should) while the handheld continued to hear the rest of the transmission. It wasn't doing this before.

I'm not going to update my mobile WS1098 at this point, not yet.

Good to know, i may wait for the next update.

Ed6698

My 1095 has been on all day, still nothing unusual with conventional reception. IMO there is nothing wrong with this update.

AtlasFBG2

9/26/16 version 3.1

Version 3.1 - September 26, 2016
Fixed problem in UK bandplan
Bandplan change no longer requires power cycle

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber

Did the upgrade this morning on my TRX-2 and it is doing the same thing. Before the update I could have the squelch on 10, now after a conventional transmission it will hang on the channel with nothing but static for 1 or 2 seconds unless the squelch is set to max. I've done nothing different to the radio other than do the update.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Yes did all the updates, am going to double check everything this morning.

Not sure what happened, did the update again today now my TRX-2 will not stop/decode any DMR trunked transmissions at all and only DMR.

Haven't done anything different other than run and install this new update. My wife came home today with my early B day gift a new TRX-1 which is working just fine on the local DMR CON + TRS out of the box, I will not install this new update on this radio.

I duplicated one of the Con + systems into a new bank #60 turned all other banks off it says nothing to scan?

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.