Trx1 "[S]" flashing & no DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Question about the solid S flashing. Just listening to CSP p25 phase 1 system in CT but occasionally I see the S flashing where the T control channel icon is. The manual said that was for DMR squelch but all I have programmed is 1 p25 phrase 1 system. Just curious.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Question about the solid S flashing. Just listening to CSP p25 phase 1 system in CT but occasionally I see the S flashing where the T control channel icon is. The manual said that was for DMR squelch but all I have programmed is 1 p25 phrase 1 system. Just xurious.

I'm seeing the same thing on my TRX-1 with a local P25 simulcast system.

Maybe someone on this forum understands what might be going on.

troymail

Silent Key
I believe the "S" is just saying the radio has detected "something" breaking squelch. I see this on various modes including P25. I think it's just an indication that something is present on a given frequency even if the control channels isn't being processed/decoded properly (i.e. then you see a "T")

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
The "S" has something to do with trunked systems. I see it when I'm scanning trunked systems. When the radio hits a trunked system during scan the "S" shows. As troymail said, when the radio finds a signal and opens squelch, you will see the "T". I get the "S" on every type of trunked system.

I don't remember what the "S" stands for, however it should be in the manual.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I found this in the manual. I see the "S" with the black box on every type of system though.

Attachments

• S.PNG
    S.PNG
    5.5 KB · Views: 392

SCPD

QRT
Yeah, I get the solid one I think despite there not being DMR programmed. I don't think that it is interfering with anything though. I still hear more with the TRX1 than I ever did with my 436 or 325, but that isn't to say I dislike either of those two radios at all. I like all the radios and need at least 75 more of them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
The black square S is for everything digital, not just DMR.

I've posted on this elsewhere, but to sum it up it seems to me that the black S is squelch open in digital mode but no decode. You don't want to see the S. You want to have the T.

If you have digital objects only on your scanlist, turn the squelch all the way down and you might get it to go to T more.

If the squelch keeps opening and closing, there's no way the decoder is ever going to be able to do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.