TRX-1 Questions for experienced owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
I got my TRX-1 last month and have used the ezscan program without difficulty

My questions: #1. Let's say I want to program the adjacent counties into scan lists other than default which has my local county in it 1 based on entering the city or zip I am guessing that can be done quickly just with the keypad then using the database reading from the scanner make any changes?

#2 So going on a few trips this the summer I would be able to do the same using the zip of where I am going and putting in a seperate scan lists

Thanks so much forum members

John

troymail

Silent Key
I got my TRX-1 last month and have used the ezscan program without difficulty

My questions: #1. Let's say I want to program the adjacent counties into scan lists other than default which has my local county in it 1 based on entering the city or zip I am guessing that can be done quickly just with the keypad then using the database reading from the scanner make any changes?

#2 So going on a few trips this the summer I would be able to do the same using the zip of where I am going and putting in a seperate scan lists

Thanks so much forum members

John

Locational imports are always stored in the same scanlists based on service type (scanlist 150+). Importing more than one county or zip code would just keep putting more and more programming into the same scanlists

An option (but painful) might be to do the import and arrange the imported data into other than the default scanlists.

A better option might be to create different VFolders for different areas. For example, in the past when I've taken trips, I'd create a different VFolder for each county I was passing.

More recently, I'd just do more specific/manual programming and import the information I want into different scanlists that can be easily enabled/disabled along the way.

wbswetnam

More recently, I'd just do more specific/manual programming and import the information I want into different scanlists that can be easily enabled/disabled along the way.

This is what I have done. I've also made use of scan sets when moving from one area to another.

jeffkett

Sorry if this is my TRX-1 for Dummies question. I picked up the portable over XMAS. Went online , did all the updates with the EZ Scan etc. Right now I am only interested in programming the DMR in my area. Couple of questions...and I am doing this manually...How do I delete from my scanlist any freqs I no longer want and what is the best way to alpha tag a freq. Thanks in advance...Jeff

troymail

Silent Key
Manually- through EZ Scan?

Make sure all tabs are enabled via the Advanced Menu bar option.

Assuming conventional, click on a row and then press delete on the right-hand side.

Best way to alpha tag? Using EZ Scan of course -- maybe I'm not sure of the question.

jeffkett

I know I confused myself......I was programming Manually with the keypad, as I was on the road. So best way would be to download radio to EZ Scan and then clean up my entries?

troymail

Silent Key
It's always easier to edit things using the software on a PC.

On the radio directly, to delete an object, navigate to that object (various options like left arrow to browse then press MENU to edit), and scroll to the bottom to the Delete Object option.

To edit the alpha tag, follow the same process to navigate to the object and then select Alpha Tag from the menu. Then, use the keypad - left / right arrow to move across the label, characters are based on key and position:

A is the "2" key then press "1" to select the first letter on that key
F is the "3" key then press "3" again to select the third letter on that key...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.