TRX-2: Library Update Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
When attempting to do a Library Update, I'm getting the message "Update Failed! The update was unable to create the file on your computer used to store the update..." The program shows that a new library is available for download, but refuses to do the update. I've turned off my antivirus, checked for an existing file, etc. No luck. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Laura

wbswetnam

I got the same message when I tried to update both my TRX-1 and my WS1095. Until now, there's never been an issue with library updates. Now, neither one will update the library.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
I also tried my 1098 and got the same results. Something going on, that's for sure.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Appears to be working now, at least for me.

wbswetnam

Here is the message I get:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update failed!

The update was unable to create the file on your computer used to store the update. This file is normally downloaded to the TRX-1 folder located in your My Documents folder.

The target file was c:\Users\user\Documents\TRX-1\dbfilesX.zip. Please retry the update again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have verified that the path does exist, and I can see other update files that have been downloaded into that folder.

troymail

Silent Key
Here is the message I get:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update failed!

The update was unable to create the file on your computer used to store the update. This file is normally downloaded to the TRX-1 folder located in your My Documents folder.

The target file was c:\Users\user\Documents\TRX-1\dbfilesX.zip. Please retry the update again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have verified that the path does exist, and I can see other update files that have been downloaded into that folder.

Sounds like a file/directory permissions issue on the PC.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
What version is the Library update that is having issues for some?

I'm still running Library 533 dated July 29th but see version 534 shows available with a date of Aug 5th.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
What version is the Library update that is having issues for some?

I'm still running Library 533 dated July 29th but see version 534 shows available with a date of Aug 5th.

It's 534 that won't download for me.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a file/directory permissions issue on the PC.

I've tried running EZ Scan as Administrator with no luck. Antivirus is set to allow everything from EZ Scan. Not sure what other permissions it needs.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
It's 534 that won't download for me.

I just did version 534 on a TRX-1 and 2 and had no problems.

I guess we shall see if 535 is released tomorrow and fixes the problem for those that can't get 534.

A few have mentioned permissions for the folder or drive. I could see this also being as Microsoft just did its monthly security patches and updates earlier this week.

I did not pay attention to everything they released this week but I know there were updates for all current supported OS versions so the problem could lie with Microsoft as well. If tomorrow's library update from Whistler does not fix things for those having issues, I'd start looking at windows updates from this week and start uninstalling this weeks updates 1 at a time and see if that does not fix the Whistler updates.

Microsoft can be pretty good about breaking more things than they fix each month!

gbouwkamp

Premium Subscriber
I have the same issue, same error message. Tried all of the above suggestions.

I was able to successfully update by booting into Safe Mode, performing the update, and then booting back to standard Win 10.

>>
Update failed!

scan_this

Premium Subscriber
New Whistler and new problem. They go hand in hand. Tried the safe mode thing and It acted like it worked but didn't. Is the dbfilesY.zip a valid thing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.