Trunked system settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mejnetguru

Q:

While troubleshooting my various issues with the TRX I noticed a couple of settings that are a bit confusing:

In EZScan, I see the option to lockout a specific frequency in a trunked system site. I don't see any corresponding item in the TRX UI. Since that is a setting I need to toggle to deal with my issue, am I just missing it somewhere or is that intentional or bug on Whistler's part?

Also, EZScan shows a subtype for P25. For my issue system it's P25 800, while working systems are P25 Auto. I don't seem to have any way to change/set this option either on the TRX or in EZScan. I presume its being populated from the RR database only. What does it do?

Ubbe

Frequency edit of sites needs you to use Browse Object and select a TG or ID from that system by using left/right arrows to select the system and then a TG.
SEL that object and then push MENU to see the edit menu. Edit system/edit sites/Frequencies.
It will take forever to do this as it loads the different records from the SD card using its sluggish interface.

There are many things that only exists in either EZScan or in the scanner menu.
The whole Search/Sweeper part is missing in EZScan.

I wouldn't say it's a bug, it's been intentionally left out by Whistler. Maybe if they find some spare time, they will sync the two. But all extra work costs money and doesn't add anything to the scanner sales.

/Ubbe

budevans

Also, EZScan shows a subtype for P25. For my issue system it's P25 800, while working systems are P25 Auto. I don't seem to have any way to change/set this option either on the TRX or in EZScan. I presume its being populated from the RR database only. What does it do?

I see the same thing in my EzScan Site List settings (P25 800, P25 700, P25 Auto), but I don't have any reception issues. Out of curiosity I've tried to change them to be consistent, with no luck.

In my case I used the Import From WS-1040/WS-1065 feature to clone the settings from my PSR-500. The settings in my PSR-500 are all P25 Auto.

Why some show as P25 700 or 800 and others P25 Auto in EzScan is beyond me. Bottom line, they all work.

mejnetguru

Frequency edit of sites needs you to use Browse Object and select a TG or ID from that system by using left/right arrows to select the system and then a TG.
SEL that object and then push MENU to see the edit menu. Edit system/edit sites/Frequencies.
/Ubbe

That is what I was doing, but I can only delete (not l/o) that way. Basically an annoyance as FFX's CCs are 1Mhz apart, easy to remember but was hoping I was just missing the setting to toggle a l/o.

Ubbe

That is what I was doing, but I can only delete (not l/o) that way. Basically an annoyance as FFX's CCs are 1Mhz apart, easy to remember but was hoping I was just missing the setting to toggle a l/o.

Maybe you could just alter the frequency instead of lockout or delete. It takes the same time and does the same thing if you change the first digit to something else, 781.750MHz to 481.750MHz or whatever is accepted that will preserve the rest of the digits. Try first on an empty frequency as the scanner will round of to the nearest valid frequency if you enter an out of range value.

/Ubbe

mejnetguru

FYI:

You can indeed lockout a trunked system's site frequency in the TRX UI. Highlight the frequency with the cursor and then instead of selecting it to 0 it out, just press "SKIP". It will l/o the frequency.

Not intuitive in the UI and not mentioned (that I saw, maybe I'm blind) in the manuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.