EZ Scan NOT importing from library to scan list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emoney250

You guys were awesome at helping me with the scanSET issue!! Now, as I'm trying to import from EZ Scan library, it doesn't seem to work on CONVENTIONAL channels. can get Trunking systems to import, but not conventional. I go through menu to select state, city, county, etc.......select objects to import, select the scanlist to import to, click "import objects". Eventhough the black status bars seem to go from left to right, then I get a "import complete" box. So going to the scan list I selected, it's not there. On possible a related note, I found that scan lists 160-181 have objects in them. They look like objects I tried earlier to import, but somehow ended up in these scan lists. I know I did NOT select these scan list numbers. Is there a fluke with the EZ Scan? Maybe this was answered long ago and it's so far back I haven't seen it as I am NEW to EZ Scan.

thanks again

troymail

Silent Key
If I am reading this correctly, you did what is known as a "locational import" vs. "Preferred"....

Locational imports (city, county, zip code, etc) will always be placed the imported data/objects into scanlists 151-181.

If you want to import directly to a specific scanlist, you need to use the "Preferred" method and select the systems and channels you want to import vs. letting the application selecting them for you based on location.

The other options is to use the locational import to let the application select things for you but if you want those objects / channels in specific scanlists, you'll then need to edit the imported channels and move them to the scanlists of your choice (vs. 151-181).

mikey60

When using location based import (i.e. ZipCode, County, etc.) the imported items will be placed in scan list 151-200 depending on the channel use tag. If you want better control of which scan lists the channels are imported to, you can use the Preferred option to do the import.

That said, once imported, if you switch to the conventional tab in EZ Scan, you should be able to see any conventional objects that have been imported. The last column on that screen will list what scan lists those objects are members of. You can click on an object to select it, then click in that column to edit the scan list memberships for that object.

If you want to change multiple channels at the same time, you can do one of the following to select the desired channels:

To select a range, click on the first desired channel, then press and hold the shift key and click on the last channel you want to change. Then click in the Scanlists column on any of the selected channels to change the scanlist memberships of all of those channels.

To select individual channels, click on a desired channel, then press and hold the Ctrl key and click on each channel you would like to select. This is a toggle so if you accidentially selected a channel you didn't want, the Ctrl-Click combination will deselect that channel.

If you want to edit all channels, click on any channel in the list, and then Press Ctrl-A. All channels will then be selected.

Mike

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
As suggested to me by troymail, I reserved several scanlists off by themselves - like 45-50 - and imported MY whole systems into them separately (default imports), then assigned what I wanted in my scanlists out of them for what I needed and kept them as default databases per se, and I can go into them whenever I want and find what I want and send it to a scanlist. Also, all of my scanlists are alpha-tagged with numbers in front of the name corresponding with their scanlist quick keys - -01 Local PD, 02 County Sheriff, 03 Fire Dept, 04 Medcoms, etc. so I can quickly turn them off and on just like consecutive banks. Made it much easier to navigate the scanlists and remember what's what when bouncing around to keep up with the action.

I hope you come to love this scanner like I do, it's an awesome radio!

JD
KF4ANC

Status
Not open for further replies.