Whistler surprise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddyjohn

Wonder if Whistler will have any surprises during Hamvention?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I would expect that if they did, we would have heard about it already, or at least that an announcement was going to be made. If they had something in the works, it wouldn't make sense to allow Uniden to hog all the limelight with the SDS100.

daddyjohn

Uniden allowed Whistler to steal the Nxdn limelight for a long time before they announced theirs.
I would expect that if they did, we would have heard about it already, or at least that an announcement was going to be made. If they had something in the works, it wouldn't make sense to allow Uniden to hog all the limelight with the SDS100.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Because it wasn't ready for prime time.

Perhaps Whistler has an answer to the SDS100 in development, but if it was sufficiently developed to merit announcing its existence anytime soon, that announcement would probably have been made at Hamvention by now. If it hasn't been announced already, then I wouldn't expect any announcement to be made for at least another month or two.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I think I called it a while ago. I had said Uniden was waiting to perfect actual trunk tracking of NXDN

mikey60

Perhaps Whistler has an answer to the SDS100 in development, but if it was sufficiently developed to merit announcing its existence anytime soon, that announcement would probably have been made at Hamvention by now. If it hasn't been announced already, then I wouldn't expect any announcement to be made for at least another month or two.

Hamvention hasn't started yet (May 18,19, & 20), so it would be hard for any announcements to have been made there at this point...

Mike

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Wonder if Whistler will have any surprises during Hamvention?

Allowing third party software development for their scanners would be great. Their "junk" EZ Scan software is the biggest reason I have avoided newer Whistler scanners and stuck with Uniden.

milcom_chaser

Allowing third party software development for their scanners would be great. Their "junk" EZ Scan software is the biggest reason I have avoided newer Whistler scanners and stuck with Uniden.

Yes, a team, and that would speed up developing user defined band defaults, programable search step size, and mode as well.

Not sure what all the fear is around Whistler firmware development...

RocketNJ

I would like to see the damn SD card corruption problem fixed on their flagship TRX-2 scanner. You cannot remove DC power from the scanner while it is on or the SD card gets corrupted. Makes mobile install with ignition control useless.

I personally would not be happy if they released a new model that fixes the problems and expects users to pay more money to get what should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.