Confusing Wiki-page name(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDP2012

Good evening,

With respect to the MOSWIN system...

The Wiki page MOSWIN-RID-1 seems to be named with a confusing name. The "RID" portion of the name suggests that the page would contain a list of RIDs, which it does not. The content of the page suggests it might be a multiple-attempt at creating the primary MOSWIN page.
  • Is there a better name that can be given to the MOSWIN-RID-1 page? If so, what?
  • Or can its content be merged into other existing pages? If so, which?
Thanks for any help,

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
That's curious.

If you go back to the 29 September 2013 edit, there are RIDs on that page, but KA3JJZ deleted them. Maybe Mike will speak up and give us some background on that.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Sorry guys but that's just too long ago - I just don't remember why I did it. Probably to isolate the RIDs on their own page(s), as that's what was being done at the time - trying to isolate topics to their own pages.

Mike

QDP2012

Result of system being renamed in DB

Good morning,

I might be wrong, but, it looks like the Fisher Wireless TeamTalk (DMR) RRDB page was renamed.

It seems that formerly, it paired-up with the Fisher Wireless Teamtalk Connect (Southern CA) Wiki page.
Now, it pairs-up with the Fisher Wireless TeamTalk (DMR) Wiki page.

Someone who knows more than I do about these systems will need to clean-up, or at least clarify how clean-up should be done.

If I am understanding things correctly, it seems that the Band Plans sub-pages from each of the two Wiki pages do not directly match each other.

So, before the primary pages are merged and/or deleted, etc., the Band Plan pages need to be properly handled first.

Thanks,

Last edited:

QDP2012

...another...

Good morning,

Here's another one...

It seems that Electro-Pro LLC was renamed in the DB, and a new Wiki page created instead of MOVEing the old one to update its page-name.

Formerly, it was paired with the BCS Towers (Flint) Wiki page,
and is now paired with the Electro-Pro LLC Wiki page.

The primary and secondary Wiki page's need to be properly merged or MOVEd, etc. so that the secondary/child-pages, like the Band Plans pages, will correspond properly.

Thanks,

Editorial note: I'm stumbling across these only because of the current InfoBox-standardization project. As mentioned in the DB-forum, we sure could use a DB-driven report of anything that undergoes a name-change in the DB (and not just for TRS systems)!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I ran into this too....

Empire Communications - The RadioReference Wiki

Empire Communications (NXDN)

Originally the first one had the identical SID to the second, so the second must have been the result of a renamed system. I therefore folded the content of the first into the second, then orphaned the first one (which can be safely dropped).

I'd suggest a similar approach, assuming the SIDs of the duplicates to also be the same. If they are, then this system was renamed. Not the best approach by far, but this test is fairly reliable, I think.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.