RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Wiki Forum

Wiki Forum - Discussions regarding the RadioReference Wiki

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2018, 12:55 AM

Thumbs up Uploading submitting FTO data

Forgive me if this is posted elsewhere but I want to make sure I donít break the rules so I Wanted to ask how I can submit FTO information. Finally found a reliable App to accurately pull FTO QC2 tones (I do have a 396 but it only operates on batteries wonít charge and doesnít have the updated ability to scan. The app I found will allow to pull FTOs from online feeds so Since I have some extra time I wanted to start by hunting down the FTOs for a couple counties I used to run with back East I assume this would be acceptable since itís being done for public consumption and to maybe help out those trying to program the Uniden scanners. Some of programs Iíve seen you still need to try and compare to the charts to accurate program this app I found for my IOS device accurately pulls the legit QC2 tones without having to cross reference. Thanks ahead of time for pointing me in the right direction. If this is ok anybody who wants me to and there is a Broadcastify feed I can run my app and Iíll do my best to identify tones for folks. (I just have a ton of free time waiting for major surgery on my spinal cord to repair a defect in the lining till after Jan 1 due to recovery time and not wanting to ruin holidays and my birthday upcoming. Lost insurance after wife got laid off from job due to RIF. Will have back soon but earliest it could be done would be late November Early December so got some time and my wife thinks if I have something to occupy my time doing something I love connected to my time in Fire/EMS itíll help keep me sane.
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2018, 6:18 AM
Lead Wiki Manager
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The RadioReference Wiki is a user-editable resource. If you have information that you want to share with other scanner listeners, you are free to edit the appropriate Wiki article and add the information you have.

"The whole world's living in a digital dream. It's not really there, it's all on the screen." -- WB6ACU
Old 10-11-2018, 11:08 AM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The database is not set up to handle FTO data, but as W9BU correctly points out, we put such information in the wiki.

Purely by way of example - there are many ways to present this data - here's an Arizona article that has FTO information.

Maricopa County Az- the RR Wiki

We have no real structure for such data, so most anything that's simple and easy to read will work

Mike