RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum

Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Wisconsin.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 12:52 AM

Talking Wauwatosa Freq.

Hey guys, I've been scanning for a few years now. Trying to search/come across the Wauwatosa Police/Fire frequency, manly police. But I never found it! Hopefully someone here could help me out! I'd GREATLY appreciate it.

Thank you.
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2008, 4:17 AM

Location: Wisconsin, Michigan, Tennessee, Alabama, or Florida seasonal
Arrow The Database Contains Your Requested Info

Go to the DATABASE at the top of any main R-R screen. Click on Wisconsin and then click on Milwaukee County - Click on the Milwaukee County TRS listings. Scroll down to the frequency table and program your scanner. Then scroll down to city talk groups that you are interested in - and program those as well. I'm not from that area, so I hope that the database info is up to date for you.

Hopefully this link will also get you there...

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=254
Old 04-24-2008, 8:26 PM

Hey, thanks! I still can't find the Wauwatosa Police frequency. Only fire, but that helps! Thanks a lot.

PS: do you use the input or output frequency?
Old 04-24-2008, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austen
Hey, thanks! I still can't find the Wauwatosa Police frequency. Only fire, but that helps! Thanks a lot.

PS: do you use the input or output frequency?
Wauwatosa PD is on the Milwaukee County Trunked Radio System.
Old 04-24-2008, 8:55 PM

Hey, thanks! I found this, hhttp://jts203.com/5-WisconsinTrunking.htm (scroll down to Wauwatosa)

But, I'm not quite sure how to program it into the scanner. I have a Radio Shack Pro-95 scanner.
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2008, 1:54 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

From what i can read, you should be able to listen to it if you program it in as a Motorola type II system. On the DB Website, it mentions that this may have moved to be a P25 system which means that you wouldnt be able to listen to it with a Pro95... but there is nothing else to indiate that it has migrated to P25...
A: No. Drive your hybrid down to the store and get a real computer.
Old 04-25-2008, 2:25 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtstc
From what i can read, you should be able to listen to it if you program it in as a Motorola type II system. On the DB Website, it mentions that this may have moved to be a P25 system which means that you wouldnt be able to listen to it with a Pro95... but there is nothing else to indiate that it has migrated to P25...

Thanks! One more question, if its not to much to ask. How do you program those codes? Do you go to Program, press trunk, then enter what?
Old 04-25-2008, 9:39 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

No one other than some test and tech radios are P25 in Milwaukee Co. The P25 is years off.
System is still analog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtstc
www.laggroup.org