RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum

Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Wisconsin.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 11:52 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by box23 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.5.1; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pixi/1.1)

Some Sawyer County activity on the system, tonight.
Greetings...

Are they still patching "Law 1" and "County Paging" on WISCOM? Also, what talkgroups was this activity on?

Tim
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2012, 1:08 PM

Yes, North Law is Patched to SWLAW1 and West Fire is Patched to SWFIRE1. Paging is Patched to SWPAGE. not sure on tg#'s right now.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Greetings...

Are they still patching "Law 1" and "County Paging" on WISCOM? Also, what talkgroups was this activity on?

Tim
Same patches as before as far as I could tell. The Law patch appears to have some issues.

Some radio checks on WISCOM with good results.
Old 08-19-2012, 1:38 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by swcorad View Post
Yes, North Law is Patched to SWLAW1 and West Fire is Patched to SWFIRE1. Paging is Patched to SWPAGE. not sure on tg#'s right now.
55511 SWLAW1
55505 SWPAGE
????? SWFIRE1 (possibly 55507?)
Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusDude View Post
55511 SWLAW1
55505 SWPAGE
????? SWFIRE1 (possibly 55507?)
SWLAW1 is 55501
Sponsored links

Old 08-19-2012, 3:38 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
SWLAW1 is 55501
You are correct, I made a typo, my bad.
Old 08-23-2012, 2:37 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Question Sawyer Co LE main

I was getting this on a wildcard hit (with the 55501 talkgroup displayed) and it was real sporadic (monitoring from Trego). Is this normal? The analog VHF comes in crystal clear.. Whats up with that?!
Old 08-23-2012, 8:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgostovich View Post
...it was real sporadic (monitoring from Trego). Is this normal?...
That's part of the issue I mentioned in my earlier post.
Old 08-23-2012, 4:12 PM

Could TG111 have some traffic encrypted? I heard some traffic on TG111 last night in the clear on Monticello site and Delafield site. A few times yesterday my BC996XT stops and displays TG111 with no audio, similar if the traffic is encrypted. Does this happen to anyone else or I may just be to far from the site. The site signal meter flucuates between 1 and 4 or 5 bars.
Sponsored links
Old 08-23-2012, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VASCAR2 View Post
Could TG111 have some traffic encrypted? I heard some traffic on TG111 last night in the clear on Monticello site and Delafield site. A few times yesterday my BC996XT stops and displays TG111 with no audio, similar if the traffic is encrypted. Does this happen to anyone else or I may just be to far from the site. The site signal meter flucuates between 1 and 4 or 5 bars.
Anything is possible. Considering, though, that the only mention of that talkgroup has been a patch of analog State Patrol dispatch and no native system traffic, I would highly doubt that what you're seeing is encryption use.

Given that your signal strength is fluctuating that much I would suspect that is your root cause. What would be happening is the radio sees the channel grant when it happens to be receiving well so it displays the tgid and switches to the voice channel. But then the signal drops and it gets nothing more to decode.

How far away are you? It's likely that the channel grant is to a 152.xx frequency. If you are far enough away from the site a co-channel paging transmitter, or even near frequency, could be desensing your radio.

As a way of troubleshooting when it happens again hold on the talkgroup. Does it display a radio ID the entire time, or does it too disappear? If encryption is being used you would still see a radio ID even though there is no audio. If, however, the radio ID disappears and re-appears then the issue is just a very low signal strength that the radio is unable to decode.
Old 08-23-2012, 9:20 PM

Thanks for your response, sounds like signal strength issue. I'm visiting my daughter and she lives a few miles east of Roscoe in Winnebago Co Illinois. The signal seemed stronger last night when the traffic was coming through. I did hold on that talk group and no TG ID was displayed when there was no audio. I'm just using my supplied pull up antenna and some of the traffic on other digital traffic is choppy. Strange I can place the scanner in one spot on the night stand and receive Rockford Starcom 21 site. If I put the scanner anywhere else I don't have enough signal to decode the audio. I can get the south Beloit site great but a lot of TG's are not simulcast on that site.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:48 PM

You probably already know this, but the Rockford towers are simulcast and South Beloit isn't.

To bring this back to WISCOM, everyone (well, every scanner listener) in Wisconsin should be happy that this system isn't simulcast. I don't know of a scanner made today that handles simulcast P25 worth a damn.

Oh yeah, some people get lucky and live in a good spot, but that's just luck of the draw. Most people get lousy decode.
Old 09-03-2012, 5:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Lots of DB updates today. Check them out.
Old 09-03-2012, 7:15 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Rock Co

I recently seen that wiscom has assigned rock county a few freqs,but it doesnt list anywhere near all the different agencies in the county,so my question is ,are those just pre-assigned channels so to speak in case rock co decided to switch to wiscom or are they actually going over to wiscom?
Old 09-03-2012, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC9UNK View Post
I recently seen that wiscom has assigned rock county a few freqs,but it doesnt list anywhere near all the different agencies in the county,so my question is ,are those just pre-assigned channels so to speak in case rock co decided to switch to wiscom or are they actually going over to wiscom?
Point of order: They are talkgroups, not freqs...big difference.

I would assume that the agencies that got talkgroup(s) assigned to them have come onboard WISCOM in some capacity. AFAIK, no one in Rock county is going to move over to WISCOM on a permanent basis. Maybe they wanted those talkgroups as backups?
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2012, 8:34 PM

Although not entirely incorrect, I see a lot of "problems" with the new data.

This is the exact same data that appear a while ago, then was deleted by OpSec, for good reason.

It appears to me to be from a very incomplete somewhat incorrect list. Not sure where that list is originating, though.
Old 09-03-2012, 8:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Was looking at the DB updates just now, and noticed some Douglas County (fire, and Lake Nabagamon PD) agencies were listed. Curious to know, has anyone heard anything on those TG`s yet? I assume they got them just in case they need `em or wanna switch to WISCOM in the feuture. Any thoughts? Thanx! N9NRA
Old 09-03-2012, 9:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SCH-I510 4G Build/FP5) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Saw Barron County ( Em,Sheriff and Turtle Lake).. Are they in the process of testing on Wiscom or are these future talkgroups?
Old 09-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Analog is dead
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Although not entirely incorrect, I see a lot of "problems" with the new data.

This is the exact same data that appear a while ago, then was deleted by OpSec, for good reason.

It appears to me to be from a very incomplete somewhat incorrect list. Not sure where that list is originating, though.
I talked with the other admin, and we will be migrating that list into county-based entries this week(ish) as time permits us. The entries themselves are proper this go-around, but we want to segregate them by county as appropriate.

Also, almost all of these agency-based talkgroups are not going to be "dispatch" talkgroups in the sense most of you think. The TG's are created for them to be used as they need. Some may be on every day, some may be on once a year. As such, they will be tagged accordingly. Once the handful of places migrate over 100%, those TG's will be tagged as appropriate once known.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default UWM PD on WISCOM

I'm back in Milwaukee again for the school year (attending UWM), and tonight there is a welcome back type event for UWM students called "Pantherfest" going on at Marcus Ampitheater. UWM PD is there using TG 5001 on the Milwaukee 800 system for the event.

Radio IDs include:
8810832 dispatch or command post

Main operations still on 155.190 PL 82.5

Tags