RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum

Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Wisconsin.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 5:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9NRA View Post
I`m just a bit curious, had me a peek at the DB for Douglas County on WISCOM, 16001 is also DGLAW, is the SPD running a seperate talkgroup on just the sites mentioned (Superior and Parkland towers)? Just wondering, as now i`m a bit confused. This should make listening to WISCOM a smidgen more fun when i get up there for the holidays . Up till now that system`s been rather boring. N9NRA
16001 - DGSO
16101 - SPD
16007 - DGFIRE
16107 - SFD

All poor quality but it is a start
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2013, 9:20 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm911 View Post
16001 - DGSO
16101 - SPD
16007 - DGFIRE
16107 - SFD

All poor quality but it is a start
Hey thanx . As i said, this should make WISCOM a bit less boring now. At least now there`ll be something to listen to besides Sawyer County, which unfortunately dosen`t come in too well where my folks are at (trying to pull in Hayward tower can be, well, intresting, and a bit frustrating sometimes too). Hopefully they get the quality issues worked out. N9NRA
Old 09-15-2013, 7:38 AM

Sites in Dunn, Juneau, Manitowoc and Ozaukee are in the planning stages.Unknown time frame of when they will be on line.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:23 PM

Has anyone seen use of hospital talkgroups in place of 155.340 or .400 for patient reports? I would imagine the only use would be in areas where the system is being used daily, but I can imagine use of such talkgroups in other areas as it's really independent of the dispatch systems.

I have heard the Sawyer County ambulances trying to contact Hayward on several occaisions, but never getting a reply. Although, as I can atest to, getting a reply on .340 is usually a challenge also.

I believe the talkgroup was 4096. I'm also curious as to the TGID structure/range for those talkgroups.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:28 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I can hear Hayward Hospital whenever they answer usually (or if it's just "the buzz") but I don't think I have heard them for quite sometime now. I don't think their radio there is really functional, or it's turned down because no one gets a response it seems. Minong ambulance tries as well.
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2013, 1:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hey, think i might have a new one here, TGID is 50010, and i`m hearing it on the Rib Mountain site. Looked at the DB but found nothing that fits what i`m seeing on my `396T right now. Best guess is it`s a scan one, but which one i`m not finding. N9NRA
Old 09-18-2013, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Hey, think i might have a new one here, TGID is 50010, and i`m hearing it on the Rib Mountain site. Looked at the DB but found nothing that fits what i`m seeing on my `396T right now. Best guess is it`s a scan one, but which one i`m not finding. N9NRA
It should be Portage County Scan based on other counties:
50xxx = Portage County
xx010 = Scan
Old 09-18-2013, 2:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB-Wi View Post
It should be Portage County Scan based on other counties:
50xxx = Portage County
xx010 = Scan
That`s what i`m starting to think, i looked at the DB at least three times and couldn`t find anything that fit, i found 50012 in the Portage County area but not this one, intresting, well, guess i found an unpublished one mabey . Nice. N9NRA
Old 09-18-2013, 2:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Intrestingly enough all the UID`s come up as 50010. Gotta wonder about that just for kicks .
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2013, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Intrestingly enough all the UID`s come up as 50010. Gotta wonder about that just for kicks .
I think that's because it's a patch and the system is transmitting rather than a user radio.
Old 09-18-2013, 3:03 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Short answer, no (or very rarely).

Quick overview of the EMS/Hospital TG's: There are five STE EMS talk groups and like 8 hospital coordinating talking groups, and then each hospital is supposed to get a couple talk groups of their own that will mirror the current PL division of .340 and allow for secure hospital to hospital private calls. I monitor the STE EMS and Hospital Coordinating groups and have never heard them used for anything other than Admin testing. The state is in the early stages of their WISCOM hospital initiative, and many providers do not have WISCOM radio's yet, so it will likely be a while before these get off the ground. I imagine that if the state wants to transition away from .340 as the primary EMS-Hospital communication method, then they will need to add regional hospital calling channels so the provider will be able to hail a hospital outside of their home area that they do not have programmed into their radio without having every hospital in the state hear their call.

I am excited to see where this goes, but there is a lot of work yet to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by box23 View Post
Has anyone seen use of hospital talkgroups in place of 155.340 or .400 for patient reports? I would imagine the only use would be in areas where the system is being used daily, but I can imagine use of such talkgroups in other areas as it's really independent of the dispatch systems.

I have heard the Sawyer County ambulances trying to contact Hayward on several occaisions, but never getting a reply. Although, as I can atest to, getting a reply on .340 is usually a challenge also.

I believe the talkgroup was 4096. I'm also curious as to the TGID structure/range for those talkgroups.
Old 09-18-2013, 4:03 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Juneau County just filed an application for a 2-site VHF trunking system (file number: 0005935408), with sites in Nekoosa and Mather. The weird thing is, both sites have the same frequencies listed: 150.890, 151.415, 154.725, & 154.920. The State of Wisconsin also has an application pending for a WISCOM site in Necedah on those same frequencies (file number: 0005911607). I thought the sites weren't supposed to have the same frequencies as neighboring sites. Is this going to be some kind of simulcast sub-system?

Links to the 2 applications in question:

<http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applMain.jsp?applID=7813136>

<http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applMain.jsp?applID=7780388>
Old 09-18-2013, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB-Wi View Post
I think that's because it's a patch and the system is transmitting rather than a user radio.
Quote:
The TGID and Radio ID are two separate field in the P25 frames. Since they are independent, they can theoretically be the same value, even though they have different meanings.

For the scan talkgroups setting the "gateway" Radio ID to the value of the TGID should simplify things, such as reviewing logs, etc. Every end point in a P25 system needs a unique Radio ID and doing this wouldn't tie up a more useful ID.

If I remember correctly, even logging voice recorders connected directly into the backbone need a unique ID even though most will never see it, nor know it exists.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:28 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Cool

Quote:
The TGID and Radio ID are two separate field in the P25 frames. Since they are independent, they can theoretically be the same value, even though they have different meanings.

For the scan talkgroups setting the "gateway" Radio ID to the value of the TGID should simplify things, such as reviewing logs, etc. Every end point in a P25 system needs a unique Radio ID and doing this wouldn't tie up a more useful ID.

If I remember correctly, even logging voice recorders connected directly into the backbone need a unique ID even though most will never see it, nor know it exists.
Intresting. That explains why even the MNSCAN TG comes up that way too. All the UID`s are the same as the TG, nice, i`d always wondered why that was, and now i know . N9NRA
Old 09-19-2013, 6:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hey all, another intresting bit about that TG (50010) that i found, seems all the traffic i`m hearing on there is what i call "digilog" or analog rebroadcast on digital . I find this intresting as it dosen`t seem to gybe with what i should be hearing on something like an actual patch of Portage County. Anyone got any thoughts here? I`m kinda curious. N9NRA
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2013, 7:48 PM
Database Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Hey all, another intresting bit about that TG (50010) that i found, seems all the traffic i`m hearing on there is what i call "digilog" or analog rebroadcast on digital .
That is Portage County Scan.
Old 09-19-2013, 8:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0wkp View Post
That is Portage County Scan.
Okay, that`s kinda what i thought. Thanx . Thingy is, it didn`t sound like digital-to digital (rebroadcast of digital), it sounded like one of the TG`s i hear on a system up in my end of the state, they have at least one TG that patches analog to the system...and it sounds horrible, this sounds just like that. Thanx all for the help on this . N9NRA
Old 09-20-2013, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Okay, that`s kinda what i thought. Thanx . Thingy is, it didn`t sound like digital-to digital (rebroadcast of digital), it sounded like one of the TG`s i hear on a system up in my end of the state, they have at least one TG that patches analog to the system...and it sounds horrible, this sounds just like that. Thanx all for the help on this . N9NRA
I've found some of those types of patches are good quality, some are bad, and some appear to change over time.

Ashland County Scan (TG22510) is now active. I've only found it on Mellen so far.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:10 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Cool

Quote:
I've found some of those types of patches are good quality, some are bad, and some appear to change over time.

Ashland County Scan (TG22510) is now active. I've only found it on Mellen so far.
Cool. Should be intresting to listen when i get up there to see if it`s sent out on more than just the Mellen site . N9NRA P.S. Given that i have trouble hearing Meteor from my folks` place (on a hill surrounded by dense woods on all sides unfortunately) i`m not thinkin` i`ll be able to make (hear) Mellen ether, but who knows ?
Old 10-05-2013, 8:48 PM

Ok I live in Wisconsin Rapids.I`v programmed my Pro 197 with all the WISCOM freqs.Close to me.I have my Pro 197 going some times and my Pro 2039 going all ways.Some times I hear Wood County 155.550 on the 2039 and at the same time I hear it on the 197 on 152.0375. Is Wood County using WISCOM?

Last edited by wheels63; 10-05-2013 at 9:04 PM..

Tags