RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum

Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Wisconsin.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 4:00 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels63 View Post
Ok I live in Wisconsin Rapids.I`v programmed my Pro 197 with all the WISCOM freqs.Close to me.I have my Pro 197 going some times and my Pro 2039 going all ways.Some times I hear Wood County 155.550 on the 2039 and at the same time I hear it on the 197 on 152.0375. Is Wood County using WISCOM?
You might be hearing the Wood County Scan talkgroup coming off the Rome, Adams County WISCOM site?
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2013, 11:55 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

As part of the Burn in period of this month, Has any new talkgroups become active as of yet?
Old 10-07-2013, 12:45 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Disregard my earlier post regarding DaneCom P25 system, Which will also have interop capabilities to Wiscom.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

TG 7402 (GLIFWC West) showed up today on Red Cliff with one of the "reserved" radio ID county numbering codes (7410021). Anyone know if any of the 74-79 reserved county codes have been assigned and published yet?
Old 11-03-2013, 9:44 AM

Anyone know when Washburn and Douglas countys will be making a full transition to wiscom?
kenwood tk 790h
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2013, 10:08 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Washburn will not be going to WISCOM at this time. Douglas will be but don't know when.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Question Douglas County`s old channels, what will happen to `em after WISCOM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfd119 View Post
Washburn will not be going to WISCOM at this time. Douglas will be but don't know when.
Intresting news here, guess the other question i would ask is what`ll happen to Douglas County`s old channels, will they keep `em as backups or sack `em? I`d ask the other question that comes to mind, but don`t wanna open a can o` worms, hint, hint . N9NRA
Old 11-03-2013, 4:58 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I'm sure Douglas will leave their old channels in place as a backup in case WISCOM goes down for whatever reason. Fire repeaters will probably stay up for paging at least. Again, I don't know when Douglas plans on doing it, but I'm sure box23 would know.
Old 11-03-2013, 5:54 PM

Quote:
I'm sure Douglas will leave their old channels in place as a backup in case WISCOM goes down for whatever reason. Fire repeaters will probably stay up for paging at least. Again, I don't know when Douglas plans on doing it, but I'm sure box23 would know.

Quite a bit unknown about the LE side at this time. However, I would not expect the current system to just disappear. Some of those involved are not that stupid. Even now there are a couple layers of backups in place for countywide communications.

I can say the Fire repeaters will not be going away anytime soon. In addition to the paging requirement, even when the switch is made there will still be a considerable amount of traffic on analog. Most departments are not able to budget for the entire department to have WISCOM radios.

Not to mention those of us that respond for mutual aid or cover a portion of the County. I personally very much like the idea of the regional tactical talkgroups. It's a move towards the "channel pool" concept, but it's not quite there. Until responses are made more regional, both in communications and operations, we're still going to have the normal problems. Other than patching, and only some radios having WISCOM, we'll have to continue using analog for Douglas.

Edit: No known timeline for the switch.

Last edited by box23; 11-03-2013 at 5:56 PM.. Reason: more info
Sponsored links

Old 11-04-2013, 8:51 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

How long does it usually take to get a WISCOM site up & running, if the tower is up?
Old 11-04-2013, 12:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile douglas county and WISCOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by box23 View Post

Quite a bit unknown about the LE side at this time. However, I would not expect the current system to just disappear. Some of those involved are not that stupid. Even now there are a couple layers of backups in place for countywide communications.

I can say the Fire repeaters will not be going away anytime soon. In addition to the paging requirement, even when the switch is made there will still be a considerable amount of traffic on analog. Most departments are not able to budget for the entire department to have WISCOM radios.

Not to mention those of us that respond for mutual aid or cover a portion of the County. I personally very much like the idea of the regional tactical talkgroups. It's a move towards the "channel pool" concept, but it's not quite there. Until responses are made more regional, both in communications and operations, we're still going to have the normal problems. Other than patching, and only some radios having WISCOM, we'll have to continue using analog for Douglas.

Edit: No known timeline for the switch.
Hey there box23 . Anyway, i dig what you`re saying, Given that the current system has such stellar coverage i wouldn`t get rid of it really fast ether. I`ve done some intresting recieve tests from my folks` place near Solon and found that WISCOM does have some noticable holes in coverage, for instance, on our property there`s some kinda big holes in coverage, if they had something happen and needed to get back to dispatch on WISCOM i could see a bit of a problem, at least the old (now digital) system does cover the county really well with the existing tower sites. However since i`ll be heading up there really soon i`ll have to give it a listen again to see if there`s been a change. This should be a hoot to watch . N9NRA. P.S. See ya on 145.49/SOLON mabey!
Old 11-10-2013, 12:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

TG 27510 is Burnett County Scan. Started showing up on Lampson tower a week ago.
Old 11-14-2013, 1:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

TG 3221 showed up off of Lampson tower this morning. Sounded like Gordon Correctional to me. Asking Gordon to open up Sgt. XXXXX's door.
Old 11-14-2013, 4:15 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Cool

Quote:
TG 3221 showed up off of Lampson tower this morning. Sounded like Gordon Correctional to me. Asking Gordon to open up Sgt. XXXXX's door.

Hey cool, more stuff to listen to on there . Anyway, have ya heard that `un on any other sites besides Gordon? Reason i ask is that if it is the "prison camp" as we call Gordon Correctional up there locally then i would be thinkin` you`d be hearing it on mabey Bennett or even Gordon too. Intresting, now i`m really looking forward to that run north ! N9NRA
Old 11-15-2013, 9:10 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I normally only monitor Lampson tower so I couldn't answer if it was on other towers. A Gordon Guard's radio could have affiliated on Lampson (thus why I heard it) if they were doing a Huber check or something in Washburn or Burnett County.
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2013, 12:21 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Okay, i was hoping ya would say ya heard it on other sites too, but no biggie . Anyway, this should make WISCOM a lot less boring now, up till now that system was pretty quiet up there save Sawyer county, which unfortunately i don`t hear too well from Solon, as they only are on the Hayward site and there`s a bit too much terrain between me and there . Thanx anyway! N9NRA
Old 11-15-2013, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9NRA View Post
Okay, i was hoping ya would say ya heard it on other sites too, but no biggie . Anyway, this should make WISCOM a lot less boring now, up till now that system was pretty quiet up there save Sawyer county, which unfortunately i don`t hear too well from Solon, as they only are on the Hayward site and there`s a bit too much terrain between me and there . Thanx anyway! N9NRA
I've seen Sawyer show up on Lampson fairly often.

FWIW, I monitored Gordon for a while last night and did not hear anything. I also wouldn't expect them to completely switch over from what they were using before.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:42 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by box23 View Post
I've seen Sawyer show up on Lampson fairly often.

FWIW, I monitored Gordon for a while last night and did not hear anything. I also wouldn't expect them to completely switch over from what they were using before.

True there. And besides, the system they got works really well, at least where i`ll be at up there it does (Gordon tower pins the meter on my `396XT at full scale on every transmission, as does Maple too , so i can dig that, in other words, if it ain`t broke, don`t fix it . TK241
Old 11-17-2013, 1:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hey, just found another possible new TGID on WISCOM, it`s comming up on the Rib Mtn site, TGID is 62510, anyone happen to know if this is some scan one? My guess is it is, but looking in the DB shows nothing that would fit, close guess seems to be Wood County (mabey a county scan for Wood?). Intresting. N9NRA
Old 11-17-2013, 1:32 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B511 Safari/9537.53)

Yes that would be Wood County Scan talkgroup

Tags