RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum

Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Wisconsin.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 11:57 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

They also sent out an email again on the email list.
Sponsored links
Old 06-26-2014, 4:48 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Red face Frequency corrections for N. Door Co. WISCOM sites

A couple of frequency corrections for WISCOM sites in Northern Door County. For the Sister Bay site, change the frequency of 154.815 to 152.6975 and for the Carlsville site, change 152.6825 to 154.445; all other frequencies on the RR database are correct. Both sites are very active with the Door Co scan TG of 15010 but not much else.
Old 06-26-2014, 6:02 PM
Database Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowisscan View Post
A couple of frequency corrections for WISCOM sites in Northern Door County. For the Sister Bay site, change the frequency of 154.815 to 152.6975 and for the Carlsville site, change 152.6825 to 154.445; all other frequencies on the RR database are correct. Both sites are very active with the Door Co scan TG of 15010 but not much else.
Feel free to submitted it to the DB for updating. They can be changed but we need to know what needs to be changed.
Old 07-08-2014, 3:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default TG 18026 Mayo 1 Helicopter (patched 155.235)

Mayo One Safety Features - Medical Transport - YouTube
Old 07-14-2014, 10:18 AM

Hearing TGID 3067 from northern racine co. Hearing units such as 5013 and 5007, and vehicle 5496. Nothing found in the database
Sponsored links
Old 07-15-2014, 2:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I believe that's going to be a Dept. of Corrections TG
Old 07-15-2014, 7:28 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Question WISCOM question. Has WSP totally switched yet?

Hey, just was wondering, has the WSP totally made the cutover to WISCOM yet? Been hearing some chatter on NORTH CENTRAL 2 (sorry i can`t recall right off what TG that is). Just curious. Thanx ! N9NRA
Old 07-16-2014, 7:48 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9NRA View Post
Hey, just was wondering, has the WSP totally made the cutover to WISCOM yet? Been hearing some chatter on NORTH CENTRAL 2 (sorry i can`t recall right off what TG that is). Just curious. Thanx ! N9NRA
I'm out of the state this week for business, but as of last week most traffic for EC Post was on TG 151. - There was however still a little traffic on VHF and the WSP had an air enforcement detail and that was also on VHF. That was rebroadcasted on TG 154.

I haven't heard anything of Spooner Post on Wiscom yet either but again have monitored them on VHF.

Short answer: No.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:35 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

When I was up in Bayfield County June 14th - 21st the State Patrol was still using their conventional channel up there.
Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2014, 12:13 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Listening to TG 141 on Kent and Lookout WISCOM sites it sounds like a complete cutover to me for the North Central Region. However, the strange thing is I don't hear the Rib Mt. WISCOM site anymore. I used to hear it all the time. Is it having technical problems? Or have they reduced power or changed frequencies? I have tried hearing it on three different radios and I'm only about 30 miles away.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Database Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9GQG View Post
Listening to TG 141 on Kent and Lookout WISCOM sites it sounds like a complete cutover to me for the North Central Region. However, the strange thing is I don't hear the Rib Mt. WISCOM site anymore. I used to hear it all the time. Is it having technical problems? Or have they reduced power or changed frequencies? I have tried hearing it on three different radios and I'm only about 30 miles away.
I was up that way about a week ago and I noticed that the site was using one of the 152Mhz freqs for it's control channel, not the 139Mhz. If you only have the primary control channels programed this could be the issue. In theory, any of the channel could become the control channel if need be. A user on the system would never know.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:58 AM
Database Admin
Database Admin

The current control channel for the Rome site is 152.7125. This was not listed as a control channel in the database it has now been changed.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:03 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hey, this has been nagging at me for a while and now i`m wondering, anyone been hearing chatter on TG 40091? Started hearing that one recently on the Rib Mountain site and am wondering who it might be, sounds like a bus company or mabey a disabled transport company (?). Any thoughts? Again, that TG is 40091. Thanx! N9NRA
Old 07-18-2014, 6:27 AM

Quote:
Hey, this has been nagging at me for a while and now i`m wondering, anyone been hearing chatter on TG 40091? Started hearing that one recently on the Rib Mountain site and am wondering who it might be, sounds like a bus company or mabey a disabled transport company (?). Any thoughts? Again, that TG is 40091. Thanx! N9NRA
Menominee Transit.
WISCOM Thread (all posts regarding WISCOM go here)
40091, 40092, 40095, 40096

"Open the pod bay door HAL"...
Old 07-18-2014, 2:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjohn View Post
I'm out of the state this week for business, but as of last week most traffic for EC Post was on TG 151. - There was however still a little traffic on VHF and the WSP had an air enforcement detail and that was also on VHF. That was rebroadcasted on TG 154.

I haven't heard anything of Spooner Post on Wiscom yet either but again have monitored them on VHF.

Short answer: No.
Nothing from Spooner Post on WISCOM. Have heard them on VHF.
Sponsored links
Old 07-18-2014, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfd119 View Post
Nothing from Spooner Post on WISCOM. Have heard them on VHF.
I still hear them operating normally on analog. A couple weeks ago they had a CAD failure, so everyone had to use the radio. Except for when I have heard a chase or two that was the busiest I have ever heard the frequency. It was of course mainly just plate and driver information, but it was a fun half hour or so while the CAD was down.

On another note...
I noticed today that Gold Cross main dispatch is now being broadcast on Douglas County talkgroup 16026. They are not natively on the system, at least not yet, as all transmissions originated from a single radio ID, i7901171.

This does not fit with their radio ID range on ARMER, but it would fit with the Wisconsin ID plan under "County Number" 79 which is labeled as reserved. I'm thinking this may point to the link being an ISSI connection between the two systems rather than just a patch with a control station.

I know a lot of work is being done for operability in the County, of which this would be one aspect, but I don't have a lot of details.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:45 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default New frequency on Greenfield 800

I noticed a new frequency being used on the WISCOM Greenfield 800 site; the frequency of 855.3625 was very active today along with the rest of the frequencies on this site. The FCC shows this frequency being licensed by the state in Bayside here in Milw Co. but not in Greenfield. I wonder if there is some frequency swapping?
Old 07-19-2014, 10:42 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I noticed a new frequency being used on the WISCOM Greenfield 800 site; the frequency of 855.3625 was very active today along with the rest of the frequencies on this site. The FCC shows this frequency being licensed by the state in Bayside here in Milw Co. but not in Greenfield. I wonder if there is some frequency swapping?
There is a new license application pending (file number 0006383198) for 855.3625 at the Greenfield site. Why they are applying for a new license for one frequency instead of modifying one of the TWO existing licenses (WQRZ986 and WNGR327) they have for the site is beyond me.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:44 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Do you mean 852.3625 ?
Old 07-19-2014, 10:49 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusDude View Post
There is a new license application pending (file number 0006383198) for 855.3625 at the Greenfield site. Why they are applying for a new license for one frequency instead of modifying one of the TWO existing licenses (WQRZ986 and WNGR327) they have for the site is beyond me.
They also took out 857.4625, and put it back on the Greenfield Motorola system

Tags