WISCOM Thread (all posts regarding WISCOM go here)

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
What system information? There isn't a system to put information up about. WISCOM exists on paper only at this point, which there are several links to in this forum.

jpjohn

Premium Subscriber
I actually did a db dump to my 996xt at the time it was posted. I thought things were moving faster then everyone was talking about since it was on RR db.

By the way...nothing heard yet on any of the frequencies!!!

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
You won't hear anything on any of the frequencies for about a year, maybe more. Not all the licenses have even been issued. The listing on RR was premature, not to mention incomplete. When it's real, I'm sure it'll be listed.

KB9NLL

New London (Outagamie Co. WI) & Readfield (waupa
You won't hear anything on any of the frequencies for about a year, maybe more. Not all the licenses have even been issued. The listing on RR was premature, not to mention incomplete. When it's real, I'm sure it'll be listed.

I believe I'm recieving the Rome Adams co. site. Found it on Wisconsin scanning home page 155.43 motorola trunking. There's no site information for motorola trunking on the scanner display except for the recieving strength percentage part. I noticed along with the normal motorola trunking motorboat noise is a chirp every few seconds.

rvictor

Washington County has been testing their new P25 system and that frequency is one that they have been using as a control channel. There have been others as well.

Right now it's 155.4300 that's the control channel. It's showing SID: 0001h-1010.

Dick

OpSec

Database Admin
I believe I'm recieving the Rome Adams co. site. Found it on Wisconsin scanning home page 155.43 motorola trunking. There's no site information for motorola trunking on the scanner display except for the recieving strength percentage part. I noticed along with the normal motorola trunking motorboat noise is a chirp every few seconds.

As rvictor pointed out, that was from the new Washington County P25 simulcast system that is being built out and tested. Washington county's radio system has always covered very well and this new system appears to be no exception.

There are no sites for the WISCOM system yet. They are still in the RFP stage of equipment procurement, with vender selection forthcoming. No, I don't know more than that and the few people that do aren't talking. The system should start taking off next year.

newald

This is great news for those of us that want WISCOM on the air as soon as possible.

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
Iwas advised that the intent to award the RFP to EFJohnson has been announced. Contractual negotiations in process.

ihcollector

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/-1 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

Is this another Doyle only decision like the 'Light Rail Contract'?

ihcollector

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/-1 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

Glad to hear that.

OpSec

Database Admin
WISCOM trunked base station vendor awarded

Apparently, no one else noticed this so...

EF Johnson was awarded the bid last week to provide the trunked P25 base station equipment for the upcoming WISCOM/WisDOT radio system. Several vendors submitted responses to the RFP, with EFJ winning. I'm guessing the first sites should be coming up in the first half of 2010.

Press release:

Wisconsin Department of Transportation Chooses EF Johnson Technologies, Inc. for Statewide First Responder Communications System in $13.2 Million Contract

Company to provide statewide interoperable communications system
Posted: Thu, December 10, 2009

Irving, TX – December 10, 2009
EF Johnson Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: EFJI) announced today that it has received a contract valued at $13.2 million from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. The contract calls for the Company to provide its innovative Trunked IP25™ Project 25 compliant infrastructure system for first responders.

"Our Native IP Trunked IP25 infrastructure is a fully distributed network with decentralized call control and voice routing that delivers mission critical quality of service and reliability with lower life costs," said Michael Jalbert, president and chief executive officer of EF Johnson Technologies, Inc. “Trunked IP25 is a switchless end-to-end digital environment. Radio calls are handled independently of a centralized control system. Benefits to the customer include elimination of a single point of failure, reduced capital expenditures, and one of the lowest life-cycle costs in the industry. The system meets the government mandates for narrowband operation as well as for Project 25 compliance."

Added Carl Guse, WISCOM Project Manager for the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, “Our mission is to build an interoperable communications system that will serve all public safety agencies in Wisconsin. This 80 site statewide system will provide coverage throughout the 65,000 square miles of the State of Wisconsin. The IP25 system will enable our first responders to maintain communications while roaming throughout the state.”

Jalbert noted, “We have invested significant resources into our systems infrastructure which has resulted in unique technology applications such as our award-winning StarGate™ Dispatch Console, and cost effective wide area networking approach for our customers. We are pleased to note that contract awards like this one, which are integral to our long term strategic growth, further validate the direction we have taken in the systems market.” The company’s award-winning ES Series of Project 25 compliant radios are also included in this contract, Jalbert added.

Last edited: