RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum

Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Wisconsin.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 8:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaukNews View Post
Has any reprogrammed a Uniden BC246T with any luck? I have version 1.42 I have the BC VUP update loader up, the BC-246T_V2 downloaded, I have downloaded a driver to use com port 3 with a USB port and I get as far as almost updating and I get a error stating...This scanner is not an object for BC246T rewritting is impossible. . Is my scanner to old for a rewrite? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I have a Uniden 246T that I updated to firmware version 2.60 quite some time ago (a year or more). I can't recall the sequence or whether I had to do some intermediate updates to get to this point. Last week I used the Butel Lite software to update the Waukesha TRS to the new rebanded version. Everything's working fine.

So, I believe your scanner is capable of doing what you want. I just don't remember the exact sequence of events to get to a newer firmware version. Sorry I can't be of more help. You might want to ask the question about updating firmware in the "Uniden Scanners" forum on the RadioReference site. Somebody there might know more. Here's a related post:

http://forums.radioreference.com/uni...2-60-00-a.html

Last edited by radio50; 10-15-2010 at 8:30 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2010, 12:29 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Has any reprogrammed a Uniden BC246T with any luck? I have version 1.42 I have the BC VUP update loader up, the BC-246T_V2 downloaded, I have downloaded a driver to use com port 3 with a USB port and I get as far as almost updating and I get a error stating...This scanner is not an object for BC246T rewritting is impossible. . Is my scanner to old for a rewrite? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Did you get to part when your prompted to select "BC246T_V2_60_00.scn" ??
Old 10-16-2010, 8:43 AM

1 window... BC_ Firmare Update Loader Ver 2.0.0.7 Press ok and select the scanner firmware file (*.scn).
I press ok
2 window... Select the scanner firmware file...the file does not show up until I change the Files of type box from *.scn to *.* then I select the file BC246T_VS_60_00
3 window... in the hook up scanner to pc message (I did download a driver for the computer to use USB cable as com port3)
4 window... Registration key needed when making major version change (this I do not have, do I need to get one?)
5 window... select com port and I select com port 3 and plug in the USB into a spare port
6 window... press ok to start updating
7 window... This scanner is not an object for BC246T rewritting is impossble

Did I miss something?
Old 10-16-2010, 9:21 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Dang, wish I could remember what I seen & did. I updated about a year ago.
Not sure what the the heck the Registration key thing is about.
You downloaded everything from this uniden page? BC246TFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki and unzipped the files?
Did you read the Update Troubleshooting part?

Last edited by mkescan; 10-16-2010 at 10:25 AM..
Old 10-16-2010, 3:23 PM

BINGO! I did not unzip my file....what a dork! my scanner is now in updated 2.0 half way their....
If I could just have a couple of hours to figure this out at once. My wife keeps pulling me away from the computer..
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2010, 3:27 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
BINGO! I did not unzip my file....what a dork! my scanner is now in updated 2.0 half way their....
If I could just have a couple of hours to figure this out at once. My wife keeps pulling me away from the computer..
Cool, glad it worked. My only guesses were unzip, Com port, or you weren't pressing the right pads on scanner
Old 10-16-2010, 3:30 PM

When doing the custom rebanding motorola systems bands 1 and 2 I can not find the scrow to Edit Band Plan on the scanner? Any clue were I can find that...
Old 10-16-2010, 5:28 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Oh yeah..just noticed that too. I only seen it after making a new system and picked Motorola 800mz custom. Looks like you will have to make a new system. Unless somebody else know how to find it. I looked everywhere...odd
Old 10-17-2010, 10:06 AM

its got my 164 to work, just need to find the updated firmware and custom table for my pro-97, even though if im running both my 97 and my 164 at the same time they pick up different conversations so i hear more and miss less of the chatter on the trs. so im not sure if i want to fix the problem.
Old 10-17-2010, 1:35 PM

Default Almost Got It!

Thanks for the the help Mkescan!!!
My scanner is talking again...just one more little problem. I'm not getting the page out tones for the fire departments?? I get the additional information from dispatch but not the original call? It must be on Waukesha County side, because New Berlin came over ok...Do you know those ID numbers for tone outs?
I have the ones from RR website 19600 and 22032 anything new to add?
Old 10-17-2010, 2:27 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

WCC tones out on 33136
RR has a LOT of great info, but I like getting mine from people who actually monitor the system, like Tim here Wisconsin Scanning Homepage - Waukesha County
Old 10-17-2010, 8:25 PM

Default The Last Link

Thanks Again ! Mkescan
That last ID tag I should have known. I sure hope it's not this hard when the county gos digital. I'm really not looking forward to purchasing another scanner. It's back to business and chasing fire trucks. You can check out my pictures at Tim Snopek Photography on my news website and I sell prints at timsnopek's Photos | SmugMug

Tim
Old 10-19-2010, 10:03 PM

Default Radio Shack

I have been to two different Radio Shack's in Waukesha and these guys are clueless on the rebanding issue. Plus, their phones have been ringing off the hook from customers and their scanners that will not work...I gave them some info, but I'm not sure if it will help them..I bet scanner sales will be up for a while.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:01 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile

Quote:
I have been to two different Radio Shack's in Waukesha and these guys are clueless on the rebanding issue. Plus, their phones have been ringing off the hook from customers and their scanners that will not work...I gave them some info, but I'm not sure if it will help them..I bet scanner sales will be up for a while.
You could also set up a small business reprogramming ppls scanners for the rebanded freqs...

Radio Shack Pro97 & Win97, Grecom PSR500 & Win500
Old 10-20-2010, 5:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmat34 View Post
You could also set up a small business reprogramming ppls scanners for the rebanded freqs...
There is a CB shop on HWY164 that already does this.
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2010, 9:35 PM

whats the name of this place on 164 im looking for some help ?
Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hddude View Post
Konnection Electronics
Old 10-21-2010, 11:20 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hddude View Post
I'm also doing a lot of scanner reprogramming for the rebanding for my FD buddies... Done about 20 so far... I'm local to the Lake Country/Pewaukee area, so let me know if you need assistance... PM me here.
Old 10-22-2010, 4:38 PM

Thank's for the info
Old 10-26-2010, 6:15 AM

Default Help with BC246T

New to the re-programming thing and looking for some help. I have the BC246T. I successfully updated the firmware on the scanner to the latest version and also updated my ARC246 software. The question is (and it may be a dumb one), do I create a new group with new frequencies or modify an existing one? I am pretty clueless on the next steps to get on the new frequencies and have my scanner work again. Thanks to all for any assistance!
Closed Thread